Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
2-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 2
Item # 023THA275P | MFR # AAV-THA275PNP
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Blaupunkt THA275PnP by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Little amp, big power
Blaupunkt's THA275PnP 2-channel amp pushes out 75 watts RMS per channel to your speakers, or can be bridged to drive 190 watts RMS into one sub. This efficient amplifier draws considerably less power than conventional amps, and automatic circuitry eliminates the need for a remote turn-on lead. A direct auxiliary input lets you plug in your MP3 player or navigation device, a big plus if your factory receiver has no aux input.
The THA275PnP amplifier produces big power from an ultra-compact housing, so it'll fit into some tight places in your vehicle. This full-range Class D amp uses miniaturized power transformers for cool, efficient operation so your speakers will sound fuller, with clearer highs, richer mids and more powerful bass.
powerful impact from a small amp,i added two of these to power up my front and rear speakers, a big difference in volume from just the head unit amp by itself
chris, Lake Orion, MI
What's in the Box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- Two 20-amp blade fuses (one installed)
- Speaker quick connect terminals (installed)
- Power quick connect terminals (installed)
- Four 1-3/4" Mounting screws
- Owners Manual (English/German/French/ Italian/Dutch/Swedish/ Spanish/Portuguese/ Danish/Polish/Czech/ Slovak/Greek/Turkish/ Finnish/Russian)
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (90 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 190 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
- high-pass/subsonic filter (10-250 Hz)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz)
- full-range Class-D amplifier design
- fuse rating: 20A x 1
- preamp-level inputs and outputs
- auxiliary input
- removable speaker output and power input connectors included (10--gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier)
- 6-3/4"W x 1-11/16"H x 7-1/4"D
- warranty: none (Crutchfield's 60-day satisfaction guarantee applies)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Blaupunkt THA275PnP Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 2
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||90 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||190 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||PnP cable only|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Terminal Layout: For wiring convenience all the inputs, outputs, and controls are on one side of the amp.
Wire Terminals: The speaker output and power input terminals use removable plugs to attach the wires to the amp. Bare speaker wire, up to 10 gauge for power, ground, and remote and up to 12 gauge for the speakers, is held in place by a set screw, the plug then snaps onto the terminals on the amp.
Direct Aux Input: An auxiliary source (portable, DVD player, navigation system, etc) can be plugged directly into the 3.5mm mini-jack on the amp. Both the auxiliary and main inputs are amplified simultaneously, so the volume of each must be independently adjustable.
Controls (front of unit):
- Crossover Switch: turn the low-pass crossover on/off
- Low Pass Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the low pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 50 to 250Hz
- High Pass/Subsonic Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the high pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 10 to 250Hz
- Gain control: rotary control used to set the amplifier's channel gain according the level of the incoming signal, continuously variable from 0.3V to 8.0V
Inputs and Outputs:
- Power: the removable power terminal will accept power, ground, and remote bare wire input up to 10 gauge, Blaupunkt recommends 16 gauge wire minimum for power and ground
- Speaker Outputs: the removable speaker terminal will accept bare wire up to 12 gauge
- Speaker Inputs: the speaker-level inputs are only useful when integrating the amp with a factory radio using the PnP system (which is no longer available)
- Line Input: left and right female RCA jacks
- Line Output: left and right female RCA jacks
- Direct Aux: 3.5mm mini-jack input
- Width: 6.732"
- Height: 1.683"
- Depth: 6.268"
With Wire Terminals:
- Width: 6.732"
- Height: 1.683"
- Depth: 7.276"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed inexpensive, very efficient (low heat), very compact low-power amp to fit under dash and drive front speakers. [ T Jan 06, 2017 ]
Price [ timothy Dec 13, 2016 ]
price [ frederick Dec 12, 2016 ]
To power a set of Computer Speakers. [ Chris Nov 16, 2016 ]
A nice compact amp, with enough power for the 6X9 speakers I will be getting. The price break helped a lot too. [ ALEX Sep 17, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
You'll need a dedicated power lead run directly from the vehicle battery for this amp. We recommend using at least a 10 gauge wiring kit for this model: http://www.crutchfield.com/g_711/Single-amp-Wiring-Kits.html?tp=635#&nvpair=FFGauge|10-gauge I hope that helps! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan May 27, 2016 ] Staff