Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
4-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4
Item # 023THA475P | MFR # AAV-THA475PNP
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Blaupunkt THA475PnP by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Little amp, big power
Blaupunkt's THA475PnP 4-channel amp pushes out 75 watts RMS per channel to four speakers, or can be bridged to drive 180 watts RMS to a pair of subwoofers or speakers. A direct auxiliary input lets you plug in your MP3 player or navigation device, a big plus if your factory receiver has no aux input. An automatic input detection circuit eliminates the need for a remote turn-on lead.
The THA475PnP produces big power from an ultra-compact housing, so it'll fit into some tight places in your vehicle. This full-range Class D amps uses miniaturized power transformers for cool, efficient operation so your speakers will sound fuller, with clearer highs, richer mids and more powerful bass.
I'm really happy with this unit so far. It was quick and easy to install and it filled my needs completely. I just needed an am to balance out my Punch 300 powered sub and this amp does just what I want it to do.
Anonymous, San Pablo, CA
What's in the Box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp blade fuses (one installed)
- 2 Speaker quick connect terminals (installed)
- Power quick connect terminals (installed)
- Four 1-3/4" Mounting screws
- Owners Manual (English/German/French/ Italian/Dutch/Swedish/ Spanish/Portuguese/ Danish/Polish/Czech/ Slovak/Greek/Turkish/ Finnish/Russian)
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (85 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz)
- high-pass/subsonic filter (10-250 Hz)
- full-range Class-D amplifier design
- direct auxiliary input
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- removable speaker output and power input connectors included (10--gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier)
- 11-1/4"W x 1-11/16"H x 7-1/4"D
- warranty: none (Crutchfield's 60-day satisfaction guarantee applies)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Blaupunkt THA475PnP Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||85 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||180 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Terminal Layout: For wiring convenience all the inputs, outputs, and controls are on one side of the amp.
Wire Terminals: The speaker output and power input terminals use removable plugs to attach the wires to the amp. Bare speaker wire, up to 10 gauge for power, ground, and remote and up to 12 gauge for the speakers, is held in place by a set screw, the plug then snaps onto the terminals on the amp.
Direct Aux Inputs: Two auxiliary sources (portable, DVD player, navigation system, etc) can be plugged directly into the 3.5mm mini-jacks on the amp (one each for the front and rear channels). If the same auxiliary source is to be use for all 4 channels, a Y-adapter should be used. Both the auxiliary and main inputs are amplified simultaneously, so the volume of each must be independently adjustable.
Bridgeable: The front and/or the back sections of the amp can be bridged independently, making it a 4, 3, or 2 channel amp.
Controls (front of unit):
- Front Crossover Switch: turn the front low-pass crossover on/off
- Rear Crossover Switch: turn the rear low-pass crossover on/off
- Front Low Pass Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the front low pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 50 to 250Hz
- Rear Low Pass Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the rear low pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 50 to 250Hz
- Front High Pass/Subsonic Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the front high pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 10 to 250Hz
- Rear High Pass/Subsonic Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the rear high pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 10 to 250Hz
- Front Gain control: rotary control used to set the amplifier's front channel gain according the level of the incoming signal, continuously variable from 0.3V to 8.0V
- Rear Gain control: rotary control used to set the amplifier's rear channel gain according the level of the incoming signal, continuously variable from 0.3V to 8.0V
Inputs and Outputs:
- Power: the removable power terminal will accept power, ground, and remote bare wire input up to 10 gauge, Blaupunkt recommends 16 gauge wire minimum for power and ground
- Speaker Outputs: the removable speaker terminals, one front and one rear, will accept bare wire up to 12 gauge
- Speaker Inputs: the speaker-level inputs are only useful when integrating the amp with a factory radio using the PnP system (which is no longer available)
- Front Line Input: left and right female RCA jacks
- Rear Line Input: left and right female RCA jacks
- Line Output: left and right female RCA jacks
- Front Direct Aux: 3.5mm mini-jack input
- Rear Direct Aux: 3.5mm mini-jack input
- Width: 11.266"
- Height: 1.683"
- Depth: 6.268"
With Wire Terminals:
- Width: 11.266"
- Height: 1.683"
- Depth: 7.276"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
matches my Blaupunkt St. Louis receiver [ gerald Jun 27, 2016 ]
I have used some Blau products in the past and thought highly of them. Too good of a deal to pass on as it's exactly what I'm looking for [ Charles May 31, 2016 ]