Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Blaupunkt Blue Magic XLb 300 A
Single 12" subwoofer enclosure with 500-watt amp
Blaupunkt Blue Magic XLb 300 A - The Blaupunkt XLb 300 A 12" powered sub is a one-piece bass solution
Item # 023XLB300A | MFR # BPMGKXLB300A
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Blaupunkt Blue Magic XLb 300 A by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
Turn it on
So your music sounds a little thin and you want some low-end oomph, but you don't want to install a bunch of gear in your vehicle to make it happen. Enter Blaupunkt's Blue Magic XLb 300 A.
This compact powered subwoofer uses a beefy 500-watt amplifier and a 12" sub to give you the low-frequency punch you need to round out your music. You can use the variable crossover control and phase switch to tune the bass for your vehicle, and you can crank the bass boost dial if you want even more low-end throttle.
Once you've adjusted the settings, you can turn up the bass output right from the driver's seat using the wired remote control that Blaupunkt includes.
There's no need for the conventional 12-volt remote turn-on wire connected to your car stereo. Instead, this Blue Magic sub fires up automatically by sensing the incoming signal coming from your RCA cables or your speaker-level inputs. It's a simple way to get your bass going.
Detach the power and ground connector for quickly removing and re-installing the Blaupunkt sub.
Take it out (when space is needed)
At only 10" deep, this compact bass blaster can fit in some tight spots. But let's say you need some extra room for your groceries, camping gear, or golf clubs. Blaupunkt makes it easy. Simply unplug the power and ground connector, detach your RCA cables or speaker wires, and remove the sub for more cargo space. When the cargo is unloaded, you can quickly reattach your subwoofer to get your thump back.
This sub's tough enclosure can withstand the bumps and bruises of life in a trunk or cargo area, and the speaker's protected by a stylish, heavy-duty grille.
As soon as I installed the sub, I was blown away from the sound quality and bass. I would recommend this over the Rockford p300. I thought it would be a bad sub. Turns out I was wrong!
Phil, Rancho Cordova, CA
What's in the Box:
- 12" Amplified subwoofer
- Two 30-amp ATO fuses (one installed/ one spare)
- 10" Speaker level input harness
- Wired remote with 16' cable attached
- Detachable power/ground terminal
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Two 3/8" Screws
- 2 Flat washers
- Owner's manual (English/ German/ French/ Spanish/ 18 other languages)
- powered 12" subwoofer enclosure
- Class D amplifier (500 watts RMS)
- remote bass-level control included
- detachable plug for power, ground, and turn-on connections for simple removal
- variable low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz)
- phase switch (0°, 180°)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB)
- frequency response: 25-200 Hz
- 15-5/8"W x 19"H x 7"D1 x 10"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Blaupunkt Blue Magic XLb 300 A Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Woofer Material||Spun Paper|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||500 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||1000 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Remote Gain Control: The included wired remote allows you to control the output level from the front of the vehicle. The remote is designed to mount under the dash. The attached 16' cable, with a 3.5mm mini-plug on the end, connects to the powered sub.
Note: The remote measures approximately 1-7/8" wide (2-1/2" including the mounting flange) x 1" tall x 1-3/4" deep (2-1/4" including the knob and wiring).
- Line Level Inputs: left and right female RCA preamp level inputs
- Speaker Level Input: 4-pin speaker input wiring harness included
- Power: the removable set screw terminal covers power (up to 4 AWG), ground (up to 4 AWG), and remote turn-on (up to 8 AWG); Blaupunkt recommends 8-gauge minimum power and ground wires
- Fuse: 30 Amp ATO fuse installed
- Remote: 3.5mm port for the included wired remote
- Gain Control: rotary control sets gain to match the input (RCA input variable from 200mV to 5V, speaker level input variable from 500mV to 10V)
- Crossover Control: low pass crossover point; rotary control, continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz
- Bass Boost: rotary control; continuously variable from 0 to 12 dB
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°
- Auto Turn-on: three position switch:
- Remote: turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: turns on when a DC offset is detected on the speaker level inputs (turns off after approximately 60 seconds with no signal)
- Audio: turns on when an audio signal is detected on the RCA inputs (turns off after approximately 60 seconds with no signal)
- Width: 19-1/2"
- Height: 15-5/8"
- 7-1/2" (at the top)
- 10-3/8" (at the bottom)
- 11-1/8" (including grille)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I drive a 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5s with the factory base stereo and needed something to add a bit more bass to my music without compromising trunk space or spending over $500. [ TYLER Jun 08, 2016 ]
3 questions already asked
This speaker has a built in amplifier! So you need no amplifier....you only need one for your other speakers! [ Cannibal Mar 16, 2016 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your current system. Some of the integration will depend on how you want to connect everything, and on the connections available. They will be able to pull up your current gear and see if this will work with it. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Mar 15, 2016 ] Staff
There is an amplifier built into the box already. Therefore, you shouldn't need to install any amp you already have. Power, ground, and RCA is all you need. Remote is optional as the app can sense power conning from your rca. I used the remote signal anyway. [ MICHAEL Mar 15, 2016 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The subwoofer box does not list the amount of air space the box has but based on the dimensions of the box I would estimate it to be around 1.5 cubic feet. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Feb 16, 2015 ] Staff
This powered sub can enhance bass in any factory or aftermarket stereo system. There is an installation kit available for this application. I highly recommend it. [ MIKE Jul 19, 2014 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: Pretty much any stereo with a subwoofer preamp output will be compatible with this powered subwoofer. Also so we can recommend correctly we need to know if you have the factory Bose audio system in the Altima? You will need the EFX 8-gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit to have this subwoofer installed. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jul 17, 2014 ] Staff