Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Denon AH-W150 Exercise Freak™
Bluetooth® sports headphones (Black)
Item # 033AHW150B | MFR # AH-W150BK
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Denon AH-W150 Exercise Freak™ by Crutchfield's David Brown
Get your Freak on
Available in yellow, blue or black.
Don't let wires get in the way of your workout. Get Bluetooth and get moving with Denon's AH-W150 Exercise Freak headphones. This sweat-proof headset keeps you in control and your mobile device out of harm's way while you're putting your body through the ringer. The lightweight AH-W150's built-in amplifier delivers big sound with a little extra bass to keep your heart pounding and fuel your workout.
On-ear controls let you stay focused
The Exercise Freak's earpieces feature built-in buttons for easy control of your compatible Bluetooth device. Answer calls, skip tracks, or hang up and get back to your workout. Need more volume to power through that final mile? Reach behind your ear and tap the volume up button to pump it up and kick it into high gear.
Comfort and style for indoors and outside
Stylish and durable, the Exercise Freak headphones come with four pairs of anti-microbial ear tips, so you can select a set that stays comfortable when you're on the move. A snug fit also seals out external noise, like the heavy-breathing guy on the treadmill next to you. Prefer to run outside? The reflective headband will keep you visible to motorists when the sun goes down. Audio alerts warn you when it's time to recharge the battery with the supplied USB cable for up to seven hours of listening.
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth in-ear sport headphones
- 4 Silicone ear-tips (XS/S/M/L)
- 52" USB charging cable (with a micro-USB connector on one end and a USB type-A connector on other end)
- Carrying case
- Carabiner clip
- Quick Guide
- "Please Read Instructions" note
- Precautions on the Use of Headphones
- Notes on radio/FCC Information
- Declaration Of Conformity
- Denon Service Network sheet
- Bluetooth® 3.0 wireless connectivity for phone calls and music playback
- buttons on earpieces control music playback (play/pause), phone (talk/hang up) and volume
- sweat-proof earpieces and reflective neckband
- 4 pairs of anti-microbial ear tips for comfortable fit and noise isolation
- carrying case with removable carabiner
- USB cable for charging battery
- Bluetooth range: 25 feet
- battery life: 7 hours
- frequency response: 5-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 102 dB
- impedance: 16 ohms
- weight: 0.81 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Denon AH-W150 Exercise Freak™ Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.595 x 0.595|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-25k Hz|
|Cord Length||Not Given|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Sport Headphones: The Denon AH-W150 Bluetooth in-ear headphones were designed to be sweat proof and feature built in air cushions on each side for comfort and added ventilation. Denon's Exercise Freak headphones feature a flexible neckband and articulating in-ear design to fit you perfectly. Exercise Freak in-ear headphones feature an integrated amplifier and are professionally tuned to provide powerful bass to energize your workouts. Denon's Exercise Freak Bluetooth in-ear headphones are geared towards anyone who wants to get in shape while enjoying their music.
- Anti-Microbial Silicon Ear Tips: The Exercise Freak in-ear headphones come with 4 pair of anti-microbial silicon ear tips (XS, S, M, L).
- Reflective Neck Band: The Bluetooth in-ear headphones include a reflector on the neckband to provide added safety for evening workout activities.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Denon AH-W150 Bluetooth in-ear headphones allow you to take hands-free calls or wirelessly listen to music from your compatible Bluetooth-enabled device without having to plug it in. The Denon AH-W150 is Bluetooth version 3.0 certified with a range up to 25'. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone or other mobile device must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. These headphones are compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), and AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
- Hands-Free Communication: The Denon AH-W150 in-ear headphones support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP/HSP) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The integrated controls of the AH-W150 can be used to answer an in-coming call or end a call. A ring-tone will be heard through the headphones during an incoming call. The AH-W150's integrated omni-directional microphone lets you carry on your side of the conversation, while listening to the caller's voice through the earphones. You will still need to make outgoing call from your mobile phone's keypad or touchscreen. Once you have dialed the number from your phone, the call will automatically switch to the Denon Bluetooth headphones.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Denon AH-W150 headphones support wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The Bluetooth headphones will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track (via the integrated control buttons). The AH-W150 also supports audio streaming of music apps (such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, or Slacker); but without control. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When receiving a phone call while listening to music, the music audio pauses and the ring-tone is heard through the headphones.
Note: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or other device must be paired with the AH-W150 headphones before hands-free operation. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Denon AH-W150.
Rechargeable Battery: These headphones feature a 7-hour rechargeable Li-Polymer battery and provide audio alerts for low battery status and operation feedback. The battery can be charged from a free USB (type-A) port on your computer or laptop, using the included micro USB charging cable.
Carrying Case: The Denon AH-W150 in-ear headphones come with a mesh carrying case and caribiner clip.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Video Team
Denon designed the AH-W150 Exercise Freak headphones a little differently. A built-in amplifier delivers big sound and a little extra bass.
Why did you buy this?
These are the best workout headphones I have used. The wireless works great and they have great sound! [ Steve Oct 24, 2016 ]
I have been looking at these for a year now and I have two people that need them so I decided to buy them. I have heard that the sound is incredible! [ Stephen M. Jan 02, 2016 ]
They are very handy and the color is beautifull [ Mayra M. Dec 11, 2015 ]