Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Apple AirPlay®
From Denon: Connecting to your home network-NS
From Denon: Getting Started with AVR Receiver-NS
From Denon: Remote App-NS
Item # 033AV3313C | MFR # AVR3313CI
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Denon AVR-3313CI by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Home theater with real impact
Surround sound isn't just something you hear, but something you feel. From those rumbling effects that seem to begin down deep, to the subtle sonic details that seem to come from all sides, a surround sound receiver needs a bedrock of good, clean power to really move you. Denon's AVR-3313CI boasts enough amplification to fill even a large room with precise-yet-punchy sound. . Cutting-edge surround processing lets you experience the best sound your favorite Blu-ray movies have to offer, and dual subwoofer outputs let you add a second sub for bass that's well-balanced throughout your home theater.
Two or more rooms with a view
For videophiles whose setup might include a couple of flat-panel TVs and a projector, the '3313CI boasts three HDMI outputs supporting two separate video zones. So you can watch one HD source in one room and a different source in another. This receiver has seven HDMI inputs for all your hi-def video gear, including a convenient front-panel connection for a video camera or game console. So if the kids are pining for the movie but the guests want to watch the footage you captured on that trip to Machu Picchu, everyone can be satisfied.
Apple AirPlay® — built-in convenience
AirPlay lets you stream music from your iTunes® library directly to the receiver, either from a networked computer or right from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®. Not only do you get a fast and convenient way to listen to your favorites, but anyone in your home can stream from their player to share their latest find. Or if you prefer, simply plug in your favorite Apple handheld device through the front-panel USB port for a direct digital connection.
And thanks to a free Denon control app, your Apple® or Android™ device can double as a Wi-Fi® system remote. The app is intuitive and easy to read, and it offers control of your system from any spot in or around the house where you can access your wireless network. AirPlay and app control require a wireless home network and a wired connection between the receiver and network.
A wealth of music at your fingertips
Connect the AVR-3313CI to your broadband home network and you open the door to a world of entertainment selections. Begin with thousands of Internet radio stations and you'll find favorites, old and new. And if you'd like even more, explore Pandora® Internet radio or SiriusXM Internet radio where millions of songs and tons of entertainment selections are at your command (registration or subscription may be required). You can even access favorite photos stored on your networked PC through the '3313CI, or view picture albums on Flickr using your HDTV. And if you're a fan of the local airwaves the AVR-3313CI comes equipped with a built-in HD Radio® tuner.
Speaker calibration is just a click away
For the most accurate home theater sound possible in your room, Denon equipped this receiver with Audyssey MultEQ® XT, a sophisticated automatic speaker calibration system. The '3313 uses the included microphone to analyze sound then automatically adjusts individual level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers.
Bought the receiver to replace an old Kenwood. The setup was easy and the number of HDMI inputs is excellent. Using older Bose speakers and the receiver made them come alive.
Anonymous, Fort Howard, MD
What's in the Box:
- 7.1ch A/V Receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Wireless remote control (RC-1166)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Audyssey setup microphone (ACM1HB)
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Getting Started booklet(En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty information
- Denon service network sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
- Denon Control App notice
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- Audyssey DSX® and Dolby Pro Logic® IIz processing for enhanced surround sound effects using additional front height or width speakers
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT eight-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Apple AirPlay® for ultra-convenient wireless iTunes® music playback
- Ethernet port for music and JPEG streaming from a wired PC network, and control via a PC
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other network-enabled equipment
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- optional streaming services include Pandora® Internet radio and SiriusXM Internet radio (registration and subscription may be required)
- front-panel USB input for direct connection of iPod®
- three-room/three-source output
- two independent HDMI video zones
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd or 3rd room (using powered 2nd or 3rd output allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
- optical and coaxial digital audio sources are not output to Zones 2 and 3
Audio Performance Features:
- high-current, low-impedance amp design
- Compressed Audio Restorer for better sound with compressed music sources like MP3 files
- 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out (including 1 front-panel input)
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 4K, 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- analog audio/video inputs include:
- 1 front-panel input with composite video
- 3 rear-panel inputs (including 2 component, and 3 composite)
- 2 audio-only inputs, including a phono input for direct connection of turntable
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- multi-channel line-level output enables connection of a separate amplifier
- preamp outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- first-time setup assistant for easy operation
- intuitive on-screen menu (via HDMI only)
- Denon's free remote app lets you use your iPod touch, iPhone or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- multibrand remote
- 17-1/8"W x 6-5/8"H x 16-1/8"D
- weight: 26.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Denon AVR-3313CI Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
High-Quality Construction: The Denon AVR-3313CI offers a minimum signal path design and direct mechanical ground construction, with independent power supplies for high-quality, audiophile-type sound; all in a vibration resistant chassis.
- Minimum Signal Path Design: The simple & straight design concept has been thoroughly implemented in the signal paths to contribute to clean audio and video playback. Signal paths are as short as possible to keep signal degradation in the audio and video circuitry to a minimum.
- Direct Mechanical Ground Construction: Vibration-resistant construction has been used to suppress the adverse influences of vibration on sound quality. The power transformers, a source of vibration, have been securely mounted on the high rigid bottom chassis. Direct mounting of cast-iron feet to the radiator in near proximity to each other serves to suppress mutual vibration with the power transformers and other sources of vibration.
- Independent Power Supplies: The Denon AVR-3313CI employs independent stable power supplies for high-quality sound and picture playback.
- Vibration Resistant Construction: Vibration-resistant construction suppresses the negative influence of vibration on sound quality. Power transformers are securely mounted on the receiver's solid bottom chassis to minimize vibration
Equal Power Amp Design w Discrete Circuitry: The Denon AVR-3313CI is equipped with a 7 channel power amplifier rated at 125-watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.08% THD, driving 2 channels) that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. To faithfully reproduce the original surround sound, each of the Denon AVR-3313CI's five channels are equipped with its own high-current power amp of equal power. Since these power amps also use discrete circuits configured with parts strictly selected for their contribution to high sound quality, rather than with low-cost integrated circuits (ICs), the surround sound playback is of impeccably high quality.
Amplifier Assignment: The AVR-3313CI supports up to 7.2 channels (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual SW) for surround playback defined by the Blu-ray disc format. The seven amplifier channels built into the receiver are typically used for 7.2 channel surround in the main room, but there are various amplifier configurations to accommodate your home theater setup:
- Main Only: The AVR-3313CI is designed to be used as a 7.2ch surround sound receiver with front left/right, center-channel, surround left/right, and surround back left/right (or front wide/height) channels along with dual preamp subwoofer outputs.
- Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Receiver will be limited to 5.2ch surround.
- Front B: A second set of front speakers can be powered by the surround back amplifier. Receiver will be limited to 5.2ch surround.
- Zone 2:The surround back channel amplifier can be assigned to power stereo speakers in Zone 2. The main zone is limited to 5.2ch.
- Zone 3: The surround back channel amplifier can be assigned to power stereo speakers in Zone 2. The main zone is limited to 5.2ch.
- Zone 2/3 (M): The surround back left channel can assigned to power a mono speaker in Zone2 and the surround back right channel can be assigned to power a mono speaker in Zone 3. The main zone is limited to 5.2ch.
- 2CH: The surround back amplifier can be assigned as a dedicated pair of front speakers when Direct or Stereo mode is selected on the receiver. You can use either the surround back, front height, or front wide speaker terminals.
Note: If you hookup Surround Back, Front Height, and Front Wide speakers, the receiver will automatically switch between the speakers in accordance with the surround mode. These speakers will not all play at the same time.
Hybrid PLL Jitter Reducer: The AVR-3313CI is equipped with a "Hybrid PLL Jitter Reducer" that is capable of reducing jitter and phase noise that negatively affect sound quality. The "Hybrid PLL Jitter Reducer" provided with this unit improves the sound localization, reproducing a natural sound field that is closer to the original soundtrack.
24-bit/192kHz DACs + AL24 Processing Plus Technology: This receiver is equipped with dual AKM Semiconductor 24-bit/192-kHz (AK4358VQ) DACs on all channels to decode and playback high-resolution recordings with less jitter and clearer sound. The AVR-3313CI also offers AL24 Processing Plus for all channels (including Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, and Sub). Denon's proprietary AL24 Processing, an analog waveform reproduction technology, expands the original 16-bit audio data to 24-bits; and can support up to 192kHz sampling frequency. AL24 Processing Plus thoroughly suppresses quantization noise (the difference between the actual analog signal and the quantized digital signal) associated with D/A conversion of LPCM signals to reproduce the low level signals with optimum clarity that will bring out all the delicate nuances of your movie & music soundtracks.
Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit (D.D.S.C.-HD): The AVR-3313CI is equipped Denon's Proprietary Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit-HD, featuring a high-speed HammerHead SHARC 32-bit floating point DSP processor (ADSP21487) for high-quality surround audio performance. All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder.
Multi-Channel Decoding Formats: The Denon AVR-3313CI AV receiver supports the following multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic) decoding formats.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby, Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the AV receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Denon Original Listening Modes: Denon's Original Listening Modes, combined with Dolby Digital/DTS/Dolby Pro Logic processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup. You can choose from the following:
- Rock Arena: For rock and popular music sources, this mode surrounds you with reflected sound of the kind you would hear at a live concert.
- Jazz Club: This mode recreates the atmosphere of a live house where the ceiling is low and you are enveloped with rich doses of reflected sound.
- Matrix: With this mode, you can add rich reflected sound to 2-channel stereo music sources where reflected sound is normally not audible.
- Video Game: This mode is suited for achieving surround sound with video games..
- Mono Movie: This mode is used when you listen to recorded monaural sound sources such as AM radio broadcasts or news programs from the center speaker.
- Virtual: Enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or set of headphones.
- Multichannel Stereo: Left and right stereo channels are distributed to all the speakers so that stereo sound can be heard from all directions at any listening position.
Direct Listening Modes: The Denon AVR-3313CI offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Direct Mode provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct Mode goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noised being added to the audio signal.
Audyssey Technology: The AVR-3313CI features a full package of Audyssey audio technologies for optimal sound quality. Audyssey Dynamic Volume offers real-time volume adjustment, while Audyssey DynamicEQ improves your system's surround effects during low volume levels. Audyssey MultEQ XT automatically sets speakers to suit your room's listening environment and the speakers' characteristics. The AV receiver even offers Audyssey DSX which adds front speaker effects
- Audyssey MultEQ XT: Audyssey MultEQ XT technology helps
create an optimal acoustic profile for your home theater. Using the included
setup microphone, Audyssey MultEQ XT measures sound levels and adjusts
speaker configuration accordingly, making setup fast and easy. This room
acoustic measuring and correction system analyzes (via the included
microphone) the audio characteristics of your speaker system and your
listening environment at up to 8 measurement points and automatically
tailors the sound for top audio fidelity. You can set the Audyssey MultEQ XT
to one of the following modes.
- Audyssey: Optimizes the crossover point, output level, delay time, and equalization of all speakers based on speaker frequency response, speaker location, and room acoustics.
- Audyssey Bypass L/R: Optimizes all speakers except front left and right.
- Audyssey Flat: Optimizes frequency response of all speakers to flat.
- Manual: Adjusts the tonal quality for each speaker individually using the manual equalizer settings; adjust from -20 to +6 dB at 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz.
- Off: Turns equalizer off.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume solves the problem of large variations in volume level between television programs, commercials, and between the soft and loud passages of movies. Dynamic Volume addresses the issue of commercials that are too loud and movie soundtracks with vast differences between soft and loud passages; the results are more intelligible dialogue, loud passages maintain impact, and soft whispers are heard clearly. When the volume level changes, Dynamic EQ also adjusts the frequency response to maintain sound quality. You can set the Dynamic Volume to Day (low), Evening (middle), Midnight (high), or off.
- Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion (DSX): Audyssey DSX adds front effect speakers to improve spatial sound reproduction. Starting with a 5.1 channel system, DSX adds front Wide and/or front Height channels for better sound staging (although both wide and height speakers can be added, only one pair is used at a time). DSX also applies Surround Envelopment Processing to enhance the blend between the front and surround channels.
Surround Parameters: You can adjust the following surround mode parameters:
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music Settings: While listening in
the Dolby Pro Logic II Music format, there are three further enhancements
you can adjust:
- Panorama: Broadens the front stereo image to the surround speakers to provide a wraparound effect, especially effective when there is limited output from the surround channels, panorama can be turned on/off in the menu.
- Dimension: Allows you to move the sound field forward or backward.
- Center Width: Allows you to adjust the width of the center channel.
- Center Image: In the Neo:6 Music mode, the Center Image feature adjusts the output of the left and right channels relative to the center channel, allowing you to make the center channel more or less dominant as needed. This improves the image of the center channel, especially when the listener is off-center. Adjustment varies from 5 (nothing subtracted from the L/R channels) to 0 (L/R channel output is cut in half).
- Denon Original Surround Mode Settings: While listening
in one of the Denon Original Surround Modes, there are three further
enhancements you can adjust:
- Room Size: This feature allows you to set the size of your desired acoustic environment when using specific Denon Original Surround Modes; select Small, Medium small, Medium, Medium large, or Large.
- Effect Level: This function adjusts the effect signal level from 1 to 15 when using specific Denon Original Surround Modes.
- Delay Time: This feature adjusts the delay time (0-300ms) to control the sound stage size.
- Height Gain: Adjust the volume (Low/Mid/High) of the Front Height channels in Dolby Pro Logic IIz.
- Audyssey DSX Settings: While listening in the Audyssey
DSX audio format, there are two further enhancements you can adjust:
- Stage Height: adjust sound stage height (+/-10) when using front height speakers
- Stage Width: adjust sound stage width (+/-10) when using front wide speakers
CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
Restorer: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio), and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The Restorer function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals. You can choose from 4 settings:
- Mode 1 (Restorer 64): Optimized mode for compressed sources with very weak highs.
- Mode 2 (Restorer 96): Apply suitable bass & treble boost for all compressed sources.
- Mode 3 (Restored HQ): Optimized mode for compressed sources with normal highs.
- Off: Does not use Restored function.
Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Night Mode: The Night Mode optimizes sound for late night listening. This function can be set to Low, Mid, High, or Off.
Tone Settings: You can independently adjust the system's overall Bass and Treble settings from -6 to +6 dB. You can also fade the sound from front to rear, or vice-versa.
Volume Settings: The AVR-3313CI offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0, -10, or -20 dB to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Level Adjustments: The AVR-3313CI provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Denon AV receiver offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Assignable Digital Inputs: The AVR-3313CI features an optical digital (Toslink) input and a coaxial digital input. Each input can be assigned to any of the different input sources except Tuner.
- Multi-Channel Pre-Out: The A/V receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers.
- Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 6 to 16-ohm.
- Phono Input: The Denon AVR-3313CI is fitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound.
- Headphones: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI (v1.4) with Triple Outputs: With seven HDMI ver.1.4 inputs (6 rear/1 front), the AVR-3313CI allows you to route multiple high-definition devices--like game consoles and Blu-ray players--to your TV. It also allows you to connect all of your devices to your TV with a single HDMI cable (via its three 3 HDMI outputs; two parallel and one discrete), reducing cable clutter. The two parallel HDMI outputs distribute the same video signal simultaneously to two separate displays. The discrete HDMI output allows you to play a different audio/video source in another zone. The HDMI inputs are assignable to different input sources. They support HDCP copyright protection and are compatible with 3D signals, ARC, Deep Color, xvYCC technology, Auto LipSync, and HDMI control.
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features four composite video inputs (3 rear/1 front) and one composite video monitor output. There is also two component video inputs and one component video output (60MHz).
12-Bit I/P Converter & Scaler (4K): The AVR-3313CI is equipped with a 12-bit i/p converter & scaler that converts incoming analog video signals to HDMI and scales them to a higher resolution, so only one video connection is required from the receiver to the TV. HDMI input video signals can also be scaled to a higher resolution. The scaled output resolution is set in the receiver's menu.
- Composite Video to HDMI: Composite video signals (480i only) can be scaled to 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4K through the receiver's HDMI output.
- Component Video to HDMI: Component video signals (480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p) can be scaled to 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p or 4k through the receiver's HDMI output.
- HDMI to HDMI: HDMI video signals (480i/480p/720p/1080i/108p/4K) can be scaled to 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4k through the receiver's HDMI output.
Note: The receiver's multi-zone HDMI output does not support analog-to-HDMI conversion.
NSV (Noise Shaped Video): The NSV precision video feature works in the digital domain to reduce noise in the video signal frequency band in order to enhance video signal linearity, provide the most accurate signal representation, and enhance the picture quality. Noise shaping techniques can be combined with dynamic element matching techniques in order to reduce the matching requirements of DAC elements by converting the analog mismatch into out of band noise. This approach of dynamic element matching and noise shaping has been shown to allow the use of sigma delta modulation at video data rates. NSV is the only product on the market that can achieve ultimate precision with 12-bit fidelity in both digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital domains.
3D Pass-Through: With the advent of 3D media, it is important to own a receiver that recognizes 3D video signals. The AVR-3313CI is able to pass through 3D signals from your Blu-ray player, ensuring that the 3D effect doesn't get lost in translation. It also recognizes signals from 3D television broadcasts. By connecting a 3D-compliant Blu-ray disc player and 3D-compliant TV to the AVR-3313CI, you will have a 3D home theater where you can enjoy high-definition sound and video on a level you've never experienced before.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When enabling the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function, regardless of whether the AV receiver is "On" or in "Standby" both audio/video streams from an HDMI input will be output to your television, via the receiver's HDMI monitor output. You can select between three HDMI through function modes.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input (1-4) for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AVR-3313CI also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
Auto LipSync: This feature automatically compensates for the timing shift between the audio and video of the receiver. If needed, the audio signal can be manually delayed to match the video signal; adjust from 0-200ms.
Picture Adjust: You can adjust the picture quality for each video source; Contrast (+/-6), Brightness (0-12), Chroma Level (+/-6), Hue (+/-6), DNR (Low/Middle/High/Off), Enhancer (0-12).
Video Select Function: You can switch the video input source on the receiver while listening to a different audio signal. (HDMI video sources not available with this feature.)
Network Connection: The Denon AVR-3313CI is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ-45) port that lets you connect the receiver to your home network (LAN) and your broadband internet provider. When connected to your home network, the AVR-3313CI lets you listen to Internet radio and a host of other online music sources from your broadband internet provider, as well as play audio files & display still images from your computer via its network connection (DLNA 1.5 certified). The AVR-3313CI also supports AirPlay that lets you stream your music library from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iTunes.
Note: This unit's RJ-45 Ethernet port supports 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX and requires an Ethernet (LAN) category 5 or higher cable, Router, Modem, and Internet connection.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The AVR-3313CI is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the AVR-3313CI's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Denon AVR-3313CI supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96 kHz||16/20/24-bit||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
Online Services: The Denon AVR-3313CI lets you access Internet Radio, as well as other online music and photo services from your broadband Internet connection. Currently the AVR-3313CI supports Internet Radio from vTuner, Pandora, and SiriusXM; as well as the Flickr online photo sharing site (as of 5/10/2012). The Denon receiver offers on-screen menu display and control over these web services.
|vTuner||The online vTuner service which offers easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. Internet Radio stations in MP3 (32-320kbps) and WMA (48-192kbps) format are supported. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations.|
|Once the network audio player is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 personalized radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour. You can also thumbs-up/thumbs-down and bookmark tracks. In Pandora, you can search for the track name or artist name using "keyword" searches. When the search is complete, tracks that have a similar rhythm or sound are streamed.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
|Flickr||Flickr is an online photograph sharing service that started in 2004. You can use this unit to view photographs on a connected TV that have been made public by Flickr users. You will need to setup an Flickr account to download, upload, and view photographs.|
Favorites: You can add up to 100 items as "Favorites" from vTuner, Pandora, SiriusXM, Flickr, and your media server for easier, quicker access.
HD Radio Tuner: In addition to receiving standard analog AM and FM broadcasts, the AVR-4520CI features a built-in HD Radio tuner. HD Radio technology brings digital radio to conventional analog AM and FM radio stations, with improved sound quality, better reception, and new data services. HD Radio technology provides CD-quality sound for FM stations, and FM-quality sound for AM stations. In addition, FM HD Radio station can transmit multiple programs on the same frequency by using multicast channels. Text data display includes station name, song title, artist name, etc. HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles.
- Multicasting: Many HD Radio stations also offer more than one channel of programming. This service is called multicasting.
- Station Presets: You can store up to 56 radio stations presets (8 stations each in 7 separate banks) and name each preset with an 8 character ID.
- Direct Frequency Tuning: You can enter the receiving frequency directly to tune in a station, using the supplied IR remote control.
Web Control: You can control this A/V receiver from a web control screen on your Windows PC's web browser. The AVR-3313CI and your PC must be connected to the same home network.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Denon server. Visit Denon's Support Site for more details. The tested Denon AVR-3313CI contained firmware version 1490-0118-0000-9520-3295 and needed an immediate firmware update (as of 6/15/2012).
USB Port: A USB memory device can be connected to the USB (type-A) port located on the front-panel, allowing you to play various music files and JPEG still-image files through the receiver. The USB memory device must be mass storage class (msc) or media transfer protocol (mtp) compliant, and be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders and 5,000 files. In addition to music and still-image playback, the A/V receiver supports basic playback control, song/artist information display, and charging of your connected USB mass storage class device. The Denon AVR-3313CI supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its USB (type-A) connection.
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96 kHz||16/20/24-bit||.flac|
Note: USB memory device will not work via a Hub.
iPod/iPhone Direct: With its front-panel USB (type-A) port, the AVR-3313CI supports digital music playback from an iPod or iPhone. Using a USB-to-iPod Dock cable plugged into the front-panel USB port, music can be played directly from your iPod/iPhone, bypassing the iPod/iPhone's D/A converter. The iPod/iPhone can be controlled by the receiver's remote, or you can continue to use the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. Song/artist information, Album Art, and elapsed playing time appear on the AVR-3313CI's on-screen display. Your iPod/iPhone's battery will also be charged while connected to the receiver. The AVR-3313CI is "made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone models and functions via its front-panel USB port (as of 9/24/2013):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||AirPlay||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the receiver and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad, or from your iTunes library on your PC or Mac to the Denon AVR-3313CI, over your home network connection. By downloading Apple's free "Remote" application onto your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad you don't even need to be in the same room as the components or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. You will even see the iTunes music information, including your track titles and artist info via the Denon receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
Note: To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.1 or later) connected to your wireless home network. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.2 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network.
iPod/iPhone Video Dock (optional): Using an optional iPod/iPhone video dock (ASD-11R, sold separately), you can view your iPod/iPhone's video and photos through your connected TV. The dock features an S-video output, if you television is equipped with an S-video input (the receiver has no S-video input/output). You will continue to use your iPod/iPhone to navigate your stored music.
On-Screen GUI w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): The AV receiver's on-screen display (GUI) provides quick information about your system's settings (with video overlay). You can easily make settings for your home theater system while viewing menus on the TV screen. The receiver's on-screen Setup Wizards provides easy-to-follow setup instructions. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. These menu displays can be output to your TV via HDMI. If you connect the receiver to your television via only composite video, you will need to use the A/V receiver's front-panel display for menu and source adjustments.
Three Zone/Three-Source: Denon's Multi-Zone/Multi-Source function lets you select different audio/video sources for listening and viewing in different locations of your home. The AVR-3313CI features a Main Zone (audio/video), Audio/Video Zone (Zone 2), and Audio Only Zone (Zone 3). Furthermore, this unit is equipped with an HDMI Zone 2 output connector for transfer of audio/video from connected HDMI sources to Zone 2. The source can be the same for all zones, or you can enjoy 3 different sources in those zones if you prefer. You can rename each Zone with a 10 character title.
- Main Zone (Zone 1): The Main Zone offers 7.2-channel playback of all your audio/video gear in your main entertainment room.
- Audio/Video Zone 2 (with HDMI switching): The Audio/Video Zone 2 allows stereo audio/video playback of another analog A/V source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio or speaker terminal output connections and composite, component, or HDMI video. The AVR-3313CI incorporates true multi-zone HDMI audio/video distribution for Zone 2 with the inclusion of its HDMI matrix switching functionality. The receiver can send two different HDMI video feeds to two displays at the same time directly from the receiver. HDMI Zone 2 will also output audio signals (2ch only) for the HDMI input source selected. To enjoy a video source in Zone 2, you must connect the same video connection to your second display monitor as connected to your receiver for that particular source (there is no video-conversion for Zone 2). Zone 2 features either a preamp-output or speaker terminal output so you can use this amp or a separate amp to power speakers in another room. When using the AVR-3313CI to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.2-channel. When using the receiver's preamp output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier in that room to power those speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.2-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Denon receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output. The HDMI Zone 2 function is only compatible with the HDMI 1-6 input connectors. It is not compatible with the HDMI 7 input connector. HDMI Zone 2 does not offer the following setting adjustments - Picture Adjust, Auto Lip Sync, Video Mode, Video conversion, i/p Scaler, Progressive Mode, Aspect Ratio, or Setup Menu Display.
- Audio Only Zone 3: Audio Only Zone 3 allows you to play a third analog stereo audio source connected to the receiver in a third room of your house via left/right RCA audio or speaker terminal output connections. Zone 3 features either a preamp-output or speaker terminal output so you can use this amp or a separate amp to power speakers in another room. When using the AVR-3312CI to power speakers in a second and third room of your home, the second and third zones are restricted to mono operation and the main zone is limited to 5.2 channels. When using the receiver's preamp output terminals for the 3rd Zone, you need an additional amplifier in that room to power those speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.2-channel. The volume of Zone 3 can be controlled by the Denon receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
Note: *Compatible Sources - Only tuner, analog, USB, and Network sources can be played in both Zone 2 & Zone 3. Zone 2 also supports output of HDMI 1-6 audio/video signals. To hear AirPlay in Zone 2/3, you must first start playing Airplay in the Main Zone. Once you have selected AirPlay in Zone 2/3, you can then switch the source of the Main Zone. *Incompatible Sources - You cannot select different AM/FM radio stations or different Network content for different zones. Digital audio from optical and coaxial inputs cannot be output to Zone 2 or Zone 3 (Zone 3 does not support HDMI audio). Zone 3 does not output any video sources (HDMI, composite, or component).
Quick Select: The front panel and main remote both have four Quick Select buttons. Each button can be programmed with a specific input source, surround mode, and volume setting for easy recall.
Source Rename/Delete: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources.
Slide Shows/Picture View: You can play back still image (JPEG) files stored on a USB memory device or media server and pictures on Flickr website as a slide show. The display time can also be set. You can also play back music and a favorite picture at the same time via USB, Internet Radio, or Media Server.
Front-Panel Display Dimmer: The receiver features 4 display settings for the front-panel LCD window; Bright, Dim, Dark, and Off.
Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
Personal Memory Plus: For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, audio delay, etc. When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled. The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (2, 4, or 8 hours). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Multibrand Remote Control: The AVR-3313CI comes with an IR wireless remote control that can operate the receiver as well as other remote control capable components. It is pre-programmed with control signals for other brand products; including DVD players, Blu-ray Disc players, VCRs, TVs, cable boxes, satellite receivers, and CD players. The remote control features Glow keys so it can easily be used in the dark.
HDMI Control: The Denon AVR-3313CI can control select external audio/video components connected via HDMI which support HDMI control. When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or player compatible with the AVR-3313CI's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the AVR-3313CI's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
Custom Integration: The AVR-3313CI carries the CI stamp, which is Denon's certification to custom installers that the receiver has advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. These features include a RS232C jack for use with whole house control systems, remote in/out IR command control, as well as 12V trigger outputs.
- RS-232C Port: The AVR-3313CI includes an RS-232C port for connection to external whole-house control systems, from companies such as AMX and Crestron.
- Remote Jacks: The receiver has a minijack input and output for use with other compatible Denon components or an external IR repeater.
- 12V Trigger Outputs: The AVR-3313CI has two minijack outputs to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier. The conditions under which each trigger output activates is programmable.
Denon Remote App: The Denon Remote App lets you control the Denon Network A/V receiver using your Apple iOS (4.3 or later) or Android device. This free Remote App lets you control the Denon A/V receiver's basic functions (power, volume, input, surround modes) from your Apple iOS or Android device. The multi-zone control page of the Remote App lets you adjust power, volume and input selection for all zones from a single screen (when applicable). You can even navigate the A/V receiver's network and Internet content from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. For added convenience, there are eight customizable home screen short cut buttons that allow you to tailor the look and function of the Denon Remote App to suit your needs.
Note: Download the free Denon Remote App from the iTunes App Store for the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (iOS 4.3 or later). Or, download the free Denon Remote App from the Android Market for your compatible Android device (1.5-up). The AV receiver will need to be connected to the same network as your Apple iOS or Android device.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.