Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Internet-ready universal 3D Blu-ray player
Item # 033DBP2012 | MFR # DBP2012UDCI
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Denon DBP-2012UDCI by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Blu-ray is just the beginning
Audiophiles and videophiles with large disc collections can bring their disc-player collection down to just one the Denon DBP-2012UDCI. It plays just about every disc format ever made, including DVD-Audio and SACD. Plus, you'll be able to enjoy the latest in Hollywood entertainment: 3D video. (You'll need a 3D TV and matching glasses, of course.) This player also features unusually solid construction, with carefully selected video circuitry that delivers beautifully detailed images from Blu-ray movies and standard DVDs alike.
Advanced circuitry and design for amazing picture quality
The DBP-2012UDCI delivers some of the sharpest images you can get from a Blu-ray player. Denon's Dual Discrete Video Circuitry (D.D.V.C.) uses a configuration of two digital-to-analog converters and isolated circuit blocks to eliminate video "noise" that can make images look blurry. An Anchor Bay® VRS ultra performance ABT-2015 video scaler practically dares you to tell the difference between DVD and Blu-ray picture quality.
Alluring sound for both movies and music
Sure, this player's gorgeous picture will draw you in, but you'll also be knocked out by its sound quality. It has built-in decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio soundtracks on Blu-ray discs. 7.1-channel analog output makes the '2012UDCI a perfect companion for older receivers or amplifiers. Or you can send the audio bitstream out to your compatible home theater receiver for processing. Either way, these master-quality soundtracks will ramp up your home theater experience. The DBP-2012UDCI is a very capable music player, too. Its high-quality digital-to-analog converter reveals all the details in your music. And Pure Direct Mode disables the video circuits when you're just playing music to eliminate that source of potential noise, so you just hear clear, pure sound.
Entertainment does not live on disc alone
Connect the '2012UDCI's Ethernet port to your home network, and you can enjoy the BD-Live and BonusView features found on a lot of today's Blu-ray movies. This extra material can range from commentaries and behind-the-scenes footage to online games, some of which you can download and store for later on the player's 1GB built-in memory.
Netflix® and PC streaming
For those movies where picture and sound quality really matter, this player does an outstanding job playing Blu-rays, and includes advanced video upconversion that makes DVDs look nearly as good as HD. And for spontaneous viewing, or older titles where picture quality might not matter as much,the '2012UDCI's Internet streaming lets you you take full advantage of your Netflix® subscription by playing movies, TV shows, and video clips over your broadband connection. It'll even upconvert the video up to 1080p to better match your TV's high-def screen. Or access videos and photos stored on your compatible PC, and enjoy them on the biggest screen in the house. You can also listen to your digital music collection played through your living room speakers at your next house party. Want to check out your friend's music, pictures, or videos, too? Have them load up a thumb drive and plug it into the '2012UDCI's front-panel USB port to enjoy them together.
What's in the Box:
- Single-disc Blu-ray DVD player
- RC-1151 wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 6.5' AC cord
- 57" A/V Cable (RCA composite video and stereo audio on both ends)
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Denon Service Network sheet
- Component Video Output Note
- Recycling Notice
- plays standard and 3D Blu-ray discs, SACDs, DVD-Audio discs, DVDs, and CDs
- Internet-ready — plays TV shows, movies, and more from Netflix® (membership required for Netflix)
- streams photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- BD-Live and BonusView support for added bonus features with compatible discs — includes 1GB of built-in memory for downloadable content
- Burr-Brown 192kHz/32-bit audio digital-to-analog converters
- Anchor Bay® VRS ABT-2015 video processor & Dual Discrete Video Circuitry (D.D.V.C.) for better picture quality
- 7.1-channel preamp output for connecting optional external amplifiers and a powered subwoofer
- Independent Block Construction isolates electronic circuits for faithful playback of audio and video tracks
- Direct Mechanical Ground Construction suppresses vibration and ensures high-quality sound and video
- 3D Digital Noise Reduction for optimum picture quality
- Pure Direct mode for enhanced sound quality
- backlit remote control included
- selectable video resolution up to 1080p via HDMI output
- video upconversion for DVD (via HDMI)
- selectable output resolution: 1080p signals available through HDMI output only; 720p/1080i signals available through HDMI or component video
- selectable 720p/1080i/1080p video upconversion for DVD and streamed video (upconverted video available through HDMI output only)
- HDMI version 1.4a for 3D video, Deep Color, x.v.Color, High-Bit-Rate Audio, and HDMI-CEC control
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- outputs high-resolution audio for decoding in your compatible receiver (HDMI connection required)
- video outputs include composite video, component video, and HDMI
- analog component video output resolution may be limited when viewing copy-protected discs
- audio outputs include stereo and coaxial digital
- front USB port for additional memory or for audio and video file playback
- Ethernet port for BD-Live and video streaming functionality
- RS-232 port for automated control systems
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 4-3/16"H x 14-1/16"D
- weight: 11.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Denon DBP-2012UDCI Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix, YouTube|
|Smartphone App Control||No|
|DVD Video Upconversion||720p/1080i/1080p|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Digital Optical Output||None|
|Digital Coaxial Output||1|
|Analog Audio Outputs||2ch/7.1ch|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
Universal Disc Player: Denon's 'Universal' disc playback technology provides playback of virtually all popular disc formats, including high definition Blu-ray discs including 3D Blu-ray releases, as well as DVD-Audio and SACD high resolution stereo and multi-channel music format discs, along with DVD-Video and music CD playback. The DBP-2012UDCI is also compatible with a wide range of recordable and erasable disc formats, and supports popular audio and video file types such as MP3, WMA, and AVI, among others. Audiophiles and videophiles with large disc libraries will surely appreciate the wide variety of disc playback capabilities that the DBP-2012UDCI provides.
Multi-Disc Compatible: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI supports the following disc formats: BD-ROM (BD-Video) BD-R (ver.1.1/1.2/1.3), BD-RE (ver.2.1), DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW (finalized disc only), DVD-R DL (finalized discs only), DVD-Audio, SACD, CD, CD-R/RW, DTS-CD, and Kodak Picture CD. This unit will automatically detect what type of disc you have loaded.
Note: This unit uses NTSC, so BD or DVD discs you play back must be recorded in the NTSC system. You cannot play back BD or DVD disc recorded in other color systems.
Blu-ray Disc Compatible: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 1080/24p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and uncompressed 5.1 channel PCM
- Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. The DBP-2012UDCI is Blu-ray region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware Updates: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet, via the player's Ethernet port.
AVCHD Playback: The DBP-2012UDCI will play home videos recorded in AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264), a high definition digital video camera format used to record in high definition or standard definition on DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW discs. AVCHD can also be played from a USB flash memory device connected to the front panel port.
DivX File Playback: The DBP-2012UDCI supports playback of DivX (up to DivX Plus HD) files recorded on DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network. This unit supports DivX file sizes up to 2 GB.
SACD: Super Audio CD use a technology called Direct Stream Digital (DSD) to convert music into a digital signal that can be stored on a disc. Compared to the traditional PCM method (the technology used for CD), DSD offers a much higher resolution by following more closely the original waveform of music. With a frequency response of over 100kHz and a dynamic range over 120dB across the audible frequency range - some 64 times higher resolution then CD - Super Audio CD offers music reproduction that reveals details you just cannot hear on a normal CD.
DVD Audio: DVD Audio is a digital audio format that delivers high-fidelity audio content on a DVD disc. DVD-Audio supports bit depths up to 24-bit and sample rates up to 192 kHz, while CD audio is only 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. Compared to CD audio discs, DVD Audio offers considerable more music storage, higher audio quality, and additional audio channels for surround sound. DVD-Audio offers many possible configurations of audio channels (up to 5.1-channel surround sound).
JPEG Playback: The player will also playback JPEG still image files written to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network; image resolutions from 32 x 32 pixels to 4,096 x 4,096 pixels are supported. The maximum file size is 12 MB. The name of the folder and file can be displayed, up to 32 characters. Images can be played as a slide-show and can be rotated as needed.
Kodak Picture CD: This unit can also play JPEG files stored on a Kodak Picture CD; you can enjoy pictures on the television by playing back the CD.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Denon Blu-ray player will play MP3, WMA, AAC, and LPCM audio files written to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network. The name of the folder and file can be displayed, up to 32 characters. The following file specifications are supported:
- MP3: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and bit rates of 64-320 kbps
- WMA: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and bit rates of 48-192 kbps
- AAC: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and constant bit rates of 16-320 kbps
- LPCM: two-channel, 16-bit, and sampling frequencies of 44.1 or 48 kHz
State-of-the-Art Video Processing: Standard definition content from DVDs is deinterlaced and scaled up to HD via Anchor Bay Technologies VRS ultra performance ABT-2015 processor, and features Analog Devices 12-bit/297MHz video D/A conversion with Noise Shaped Video processing. The video processor also provides excellent HD 1080i-to-1080p deinterlacing.
D.D.V.C. Dual Discrete Video Circuitry: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI's video circuit features Denon's own D.D.V.C. technology designed to enhance the quality of video signals. The use of dedicated circuits and a dual DAC configuration with built-in video encoder, has made it possible to reproduce detailed video images with greater precision. In order to bring out the maximum quality from both video and audio signals, the DBP-2012UDC has a discrete configuration in which the video, audio, and digital blocks that comprise the universal player are completely isolated from each other in terms of their circuit configuration, boards, and power supplies. As a result, this discrete configuration thoroughly suppresses mutual interference among the circuits and prevents noise from affecting video and audio signals.
Direct Mechanical Ground Construction: The DBP-2012UDCI utilizes direct mechanical ground construction to suppress vibration, resulting in high-quality HD video and sound. The disc mechanism that causes vibration is arranged at the center of the unit to transmit vibration out through the base, enabling video and audio playback of high quality.
Video Outputs: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI Blu-ray disc player features two high-definition video outputs (HDMI, Component) and one standard-definition video output (composite).
- HDMI Output: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI features a single HDMI output for HD audio and video signal transmission. The HDMI port is version 1.4a with Deep Color and x.v. color support; video resolutions include 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080/24p. There are also Source Direct (source resolution is not changed) and Auto (outputs the highest resolution compatible with the connected display) settings.
- Component Video Output: The component video output supports 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video resolutions. Copyright protected DVD and Blu-ray discs are output only at 480i or 480p.
- Composite Video Output: The DVD player features one Composite video output which supports 480i.
Full HD Audio/Video Signal Via HDMI: The DBP-2012UDCI includes a 1080/24p HDMI output to faithfully reproduce video images recorded on a Blu-ray disc. When connected to a 1080/24p display, you can enjoy remarkable video performance of Blu-ray which brings out the full character of film material. The Denon DBP-2012UDCI can output video and digital audio signals via HDMI. When connected to a AV surround amplifier with an HD-format decoder, the DBP-2012UDCI can be used to enjoy high-quality video and audio.
I/P Conversion With Upscaling: The Blu-ray player features high-grade I/P conversion (component video) and video scaling up to 1080p (HDMI) so you can take a standard DVD video signal and make it look its best on your connected high-definition compatible television.
3D Ready: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI lets you enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p. 3D viewing requires compatible 3D content, 3D HDTV, 3D emitter & glasses, and a high-speed HDMI cable (supporting at least 10.2 Gbps) connection.
Deep Color: The HDMI output supports Deep Color, increasing the number of bits available for transmission, meaning more colors. This results in greater color fidelity, smooth tonal transitions, and ultra-fine gradations between colors. It also enables many times more shades of gray, for higher contrast ratio.
x.v.Color: The DBP-2012UDCI's HDMI output supports x.v.Color, meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs when they become available in the future.
Picture Control: You can adjust the picture quality of the player's video output and save up to 5 picture setting presets. The following picture settings are adjustable:
- 3DNR: Reduce the overall noise level in the entire picture; 0 to +3.
- BNR: Reduce the block noise generated by digital processing; 0 to +3.
- MNR: Reduce the noise around the outline of an object generated by digital processing; 0 to +3.
- Contrast: The difference between the bright and dark parts of the picture; adjust from -6 to +6.
- Brightness: Adjusts the brightness of the picture; 0 to +12.
- Enhancer: Strengthens the contours of the picture; 0 to +11.
- Gamma Correction: Detailed adjustments of the picture's brightness; -4 to +4.
- Sharpness: Adjusts the sharpness of the picture for the high frequency range; -6 to +6.
- Hue: Adjust the green and red color balance; -6 to +6.
- Chroma Level: Adjusts the color density; -6 to +6.
- Setup Level: Adjusts the black areas of the image; 0 IRE or 7.5 IRE.
- White Level: Adjusts the white level; -5 to +5.
- Black Level: Adjusts the black level; -5 to +5
- H. Position: Adjusts the left/right position; -7 to +7.
- V. Position: Adjusts the top/bottom position; -7 to +7.
TV Aspect: This function of the Blu-ray player lets you set a picture size according to the aspect ratio of your connected television; choose from the following:
- 16:9 Squeeze Auto: when playing 4:3 images, the picture is displayed in the center of the 16:9 screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio
- Wide: select when a wide-screen TV is connected; discs recorded in wide-screen format are played over the entire screen
- 4:3 Pan&Scan: plays a disc recorded in wide screen format on a 4:3 TV with the displayed picture centered on the action, with the sides of the picture cut off
- 4:3 Letter Box: plays a wide screen signal on a 4:3 TV with black strips at the top and bottom
Slow Forward Playback: The unit allows Slow Forward Playback in three different speeds (1/8, 1/4. 1/2x) for BD-video, DVD-video, DVD-VR, AVCHD, and DivX discs. Sound is muted during this function.
Resume Playback: This function allows you to resume playback from the point at which the playback has been stopped on the disc even if the power to unit is turned off.
Marker: You can mark electric reference points on a disc to view at a later time. This feature allows you to assign a specific point on a title or track to be called back later. You can mark up to 12 points.
Zoom: The player allows you to magnify an image on-screen 1.2x, 1.5x, 2x, or 4x that of normal size and then allows you to pan through that zoomed image. This function is possible on DVD-video, DVD-R/RW, JPEG and DivX discs.
Angle: Some BD and DVD discs contain scenes which have been shot simultaneously from various angles. This player allows you to select from these different camera angles.
Audiophile Sound Quality: For optimum audio quality, the DBP-2012UDCI is equipped with the latest specification HDMI output, along with coaxial digital output, and an audiophile stereo output that features premium Burr-Brown PCM-1781 24 bit/192 kHz D/A converters. For multi-channel SACD compatibility, the DBP-2012UDCI provides stereo mix down along with bass management via the analog stereo.
Audio Outputs: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI Blu-ray disc player features coaxial digital audio output, 2ch analog audio output, and 7.1ch analog audio output.
- Digital Audio Output: This unit features a coaxial digital audio connection; it can be connected to an A/V receiver, amplifier, surround decoder (Dolby Digital, DTS), digital recording device, etc.
- 7.1-Channel Audio Outputs: The DBP-2012UDCI offers a built-in Dolby Digital /DTS decoder with multi-channel analog outputs (7.1ch).
- 2-Channel Audio Outputs: The DBP-2012UDCI features a stereo audio output for connecting to a stereo analog input on a TV or receiver. Even when the source audio is multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, DVD-Audio, SACD), these jacks will output a downmixed 2-channel signal.
Audio Formats: The Blu-ray player's HDMI and digital coaxial outputs are capable of Multi-channel Surround playback, Multi-channel LPCM playback and Down-mixed 2-channel audio playback. The DBP-2012UDCI supports the following Audio Formats depending on the unit's HDMI or digital output setting, disc type used and audio recording format of disc.
|Disc Type||Audio Recording Format||HDMI Out Setting||Digital Coaxial Out Setting|
|BD-video||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Multi Linear PCM||Dolby Digital||2ch Linear PCM|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital Plus||Multi Linear PCM||Dolby Digital||2ch Linear PCM|
|Dolby TrueHD||Dolby TrueHD||Multi Linear PCM||Dolby Digital||2ch Linear PCM|
|DTS||DTS||Multi Linear PCM||DTS||2ch Linear PCM|
|DTS-HD||DTS-HD||Multi Linear PCM||DTS||2ch Linear PCM|
|Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|AVCHD||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Multi Linear PCM||Dolby Digital||2ch Linear PCM|
|Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|DVD-video||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Multi Linear PCM||Dolby Digital||2ch Linear PCM|
|DTS||DTS||Multi Linear PCM||DTS||2ch Linear PCM|
|Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|DivX||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Multi Linear PCM||Dolby Digital||2ch Linear PCM|
|MP3/MP2||2ch Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|DVD Audio||Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|CD-Audio, MP3/WMA/AAC||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|Super Audio CD||DSD||2ch Linear PCM||No audio output||No audio output|
|DTS-CD||DTS||2ch Linear PCM||DTS||2ch Linear PCM|
Pure Direct: There are two Pure Direct options (three counting Off):
- Pure Direct 1: Turns off the video circuitry, digital outputs, and front panel display.
- Pure Direct 2: Turns off the video circuitry and digital outputs.
DRC: Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) compresses the dynamic range of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby TrueHD soundtracks, useful at night or other times when you cannot play back at high volume; the high volume sounds are reduced and the low volume sounds are increased.
Dialogue Speed: This function plays back at approximately 1.3 times of normal playback with sound being output. This function is available only on discs recorded in the Dolby Digital format.
Audio/Video Sync: Use this feature to automatically sync audio and video timing.
USB Port: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for playback of audio, still image, and video files stored on a USB memory device. You USB memory device must be formatted with FAT16 or FAT32. The player can recognize up to 8 folder layers, 999 folders, and 999 files. The unit will display file/folder names up to 32 characters and artist/song titles up to 60 characters. The player supports the following audio, photo, and video files via a USB memory device.
|Playable Media||File Type||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency|
|Audio||MP3||64-320 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|WMA||48-192 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|AAC||16-320 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|LPCM||16 bits||44.1, 48 kHz|
|Playable Media||File Type||Resolution||Maximum File Capacity|
|Photo||JPEG||32 x 32 pixels to 4096 x 4096 pixels||12 MB|
|Playable Media||File Type||Video Layer||Audio Layer|
|MPEG||MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4||MP3, AAC, WMA, AC-3|
|WMV||WMV9, WMV9AP (VC-1)||WMA, AAC, AC-3, DTS|
|AVI||MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4||PCM, MP3, AAC, AC-3|
Network Connection: The Denon Blu-ray disc player is equipped with a rear-panel Ethernet jack which lets you connect the player to your home network. Once the unit is connected to your network, you can enjoying the following functions.
- Playback of a Blu-ray disc supporting BD-Live.
- Playback of music, photo, and video files stored on a device on your network.
- Playback of YouTube contents.
- Playback of Netflix contents.
- Downloading for latest firmware updates.
DLNA Certified: The Denon player's Ethernet connection is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 certified and Windows 7 compliant. This means it's easier for you access and enjoy digital music, photos, and videos stored on your PC through your home entertainment system.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (64-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), and LPCM (16-bits) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the player via its network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the DBP-2012UDCI. The players also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art can be displayed on your connected television.
- Picture File Playback: Still picture (JPEG) files stored on your computer can be played as slide shows on a connected TV through the players's network connection. The duration each picture is displayed can be adjusted (5-60 secs).
- Video Playback: Video files (DivX/MPEG/AVI/WMV) stored on your computer can be played back on your connected TV.
Note: You will need a Windows XP (SP2 or more), Windows Vista, or Windows 7 OS (operating system); with Windows Media Player ver.11 or DLNA software.
Netflix: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI can play back movies and TV shows from Netflix when connected to your home network with Internet connection. Netflix is a subscription-based online video streaming service. Your Netflix Instant Queue (created on your computer) will display on your connected television. The Blu-ray player will support up to 2CH audio streaming from Netflix.
Note: It is recommended to use a broadband line connection with an effective speed of 6 Mbps or more.
YouTube: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI can play back video hosted by YouTube when connected to your home network with Internet connection. YouTube is a video file-sharing service. You can use the player's on-screen virtual keyboard to search for video content offered by YouTube.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view additional content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing. The necessary 1GB memory is built-in; more memory can be added via the front panel USB port.
BD-Live Ready: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more using a broadband internet connection. The Denon Blu-ray player features an Ethernet port to connect to the internet via your home network. The necessary 1GB memory is built-in; more memory can be added via the front panel USB port.
Start Up/Play Back Time: The Denon Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 19.8 seconds. It takes approximately 35.4 seconds for a Blu-ray disc to begin playback.
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Home Menu screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
On-Screen GUI: The Denon Blu-ray disc player incorporates an on-screen GUI (Graphic User Interface) menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set. To view the on-screen GUI, you will need can connect either the HDMI, component, or composite video output to your television.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to set a rating limit, which prevents your children from viewing inappropriate material. Playback will stop if the ratings exceed the levels you set, and it will require your to enter a 4-digit password before the disc will play back. The Parental Control feature consists of an 8-level DVD and 254 BD rating system protected by a custom user 4-digit password.
Wall Paper: You can select a Blue, Black, Gray, or Denon Logo background when the DVD player is in stop mode or audio playback mode.
Screen Saver: The Screen Saver function activates when stop or pause status continues for approximately three minutes. The Screen Saver function also activates during playback of a CD, Super Audio CD, or audio file when no operations are performed for approximately three minutes.
Dimmer: The brightness of the front panel display on this unit can be adjusted between four settings - Normal, Dim, Dark, or Off.
Auto Power-Off: If the unit is in stop mode for approximately 30 minutes, it will automatically switch to standby mode.
IR Wireless Remote Control with Glow Buttons: The Denon DBP-2012UDCI comes with an IR wireless remote control to operate this unit only. The remote's buttons glow-in-the-dark for easy operation at night. To avoid other Denon BD players responding to the remote signal of this unit, you can change the Remote ID Code (set to 1 or 2 on both the remote and player, default is 1 for both).
HDMI Control: When a TV supporting HDMI control is connected to the DBP-2012UDCI via an HDMI cable, it is possible to use the television's remote control to perform such operations as: power on/off, function switching, and volume adjustment.
CI (Custom Integration): Custom Integration is Denon's certification to custom installers that models marked with the "CI" stamp have advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. The following are examples of the control features.
- RS-232C Port: This port connects to the RS-232 port on a compatible external controller, allowing control of this player using outboard remote systems.
- Room To Room In/Out: Two 3.5mm mini-jacks are provided for wired remote control, allowing you to connect the DBP-2012UDCI to compatible Denon components.
- Ethernet: The rear-panel RJ-45 Ethernet port is used to connect to the internet for firmware updates and to access BD-Live (BD-Live requires firmware update)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.