Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Fully automatic turntable with USB port and built-in MP3 encoder
Item # 033DP200US | MFR # DP200USB
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Denon DP-200USB by Crutchfield's Loren Barstow
Converting your vinyl records to MP3 files just got a whole lot easier with the Denon DP-200USB. Simply insert a thumb drive into the front-panel USB port and press "Record." This fully automatic turntable converts your music to MP3 and saves it to the thumb drive no PC required. You can also transfer your records directly to a USB-equipped MP3 player for immediate on-the-go listening.
After you transfer your vinyl to the thumb drive, you can edit the files on your PC using the included Trans Music Manager software. This flexible program lets you manually split tracks as you see fit, or you can take advantage of the automatic option that splits tracks when it detects brief periods of silence. It can also tap into Gracenote® to retrieve album and track information. A manual option lets you enter in your own information if you prefer.
Adding convenience doesn't mean sacrificing quality the DP-200USB includes a dynamically balanced tone arm and a cast aluminum platter for stable rotation. Stereo RCA outputs and a switchable phono preamp let you connect the DP-200USB to any audio system with an auxiliary or phono input.
Bill L., new windsor N.Y.
What's in the Box:
- DP-200USB Turntable with attached 6.5' power cord and 3.5' stereo RCA cable
- Rubber mat
- Adapter for 45 rpm records
- Plastic dust cover (installed)
- Head shell with cartridge (installed)
- Trans Music Manager CD-ROM software
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Warranty Registration card
- "Denon Service Network" sheet
- Notes on EQ switch and drive belt
- automatically converts LPs to MP3 (192 kbps)
- USB port for a thumb drive or MP3 player (a direct connection to a PC is not possible)
- built-in phono preamp with bypass switch
- fully automatic belt drive operation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm playback speeds (45 rpm adapter included)
- front-mounted controls
- balanced tone arm
- includes moving magnet cartridge
- cast aluminum platter
- hinged dust cover
- includes Trans Music Manager software
- split tracks manually or automatically
- manual and auto MusicID Record
- PC requirements: Windows XP/Vista/2000
- wow & flutter: 0.15%
- attached RCA audio cable
- 14-3/16"W x 3-7/8"H x 14-1/8"D (16-3/8"H with dust cover open)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Denon DP-200USB Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not given|
|Wow and Flutter||0.15|
Overview: The Denon DP-200USB is a fully automatic turntable which can convert your LPs to MP3 files and record them to a USB Flash Drive. You don't need a PC nearby during recording. The supplied Trans Music Manager software includes automatic and manual track splitting functions, and will allow you to obtain artist and title information through your PC.
Note: The included Trans Music Manager software is only compatible with Windows XP/Vista/2000 operating systems (not newer Windows 7/8 or Mac).
Fully Automatic Operation: The turntable is fully automatic with front panel controls. Once you have set the speed (33-1/3 or 45 rpm) and record size (30 or 17 cm), you can press the Start button, the turntable will start and the tone arm will automatically move to the lead-in groove on the record. When the record has finished playing, or when you press the stop button, the tone arm will automatically return to its rest and the turntable will shut off.
Manual Operation: The turntable also allows manual play, so you can lift the tone arm and place it on the record wherever you want. The automatic return function will return the tone arm to its resting position when the record has finished playing.
Built-in Switchable Preamp: The turntable includes a built-in phono preamp, allowing you to connect the unit to an amplifier or receiver without a phono input. If your receiver has a phono input, and you prefer to use it, a small switch under the turntable platter turns off the built-in phono preamp.
33-1/3 and 45 RPM Compatible: The turntable will play at 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds. An adapter is included for playing 45 rpm records.
Platter: The DP-200USB turntable features a professional aluminum die cast turntable platter for high inertial mass and stable rotation. The platter is driven by a DC servo belt drive motor.
Note: Before playing, the drive belt must first be placed on the driving roller of the DC servo motor.
MM Cartridge Included: The DP-200USB features a Moving Magnet (MM) stereo cartridge with a replaceable stylus. After approximately 400 hours of playback, Denon recommends the stylus be replaced with a DSN-84 stylus.
Audio Output: The turntable has a hardwired output cable with left and right RCA connectors. These connectors plug directly into your receiver or amplifier.
Trans Music Manager: The DP-200USB turntable includes the Trans Music Manager software on CD-ROM. You can use Trans Music Manager to perform the following functions:
- File Splitter: for marking track numbers
- Auto MP3 Splitter: detects the silent part between tracks and automatically tags tracks accordingly
- Manual MP3 Splitter: manually tags tracks as you wish (helpful for live recordings)
- MusicID: (powered by Gracenote MusicID
Music Recognition Service on the Internet)
- Auto MusicID Record: automatically records music information, including titles
- Manual MusicID Record: allows manual editing of music information, including titles
- File Deletion: for music library maintenance
System Requirements: When using Trans Music Manager, your computer must have the following minimum requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000 (does not work with Windows 7 or 8)
- Hard Disk Space: minimum of 30 MB free space
- USB Port: compatible with USB 2.0
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
This unit does come with a pair of RCA cables to connect this to your receiver. Purchasing a pair of upgraded cables could result in better sound quality. [ Jeff Dec 11, 2013 ] Staff