Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
600W x 1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
Item # 037A18001D | MFR # A18001DQ
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Audiobahn A18001DQ by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
Audiobahn's Class D amps are built for driving bass and lots of it! They're 1-ohm stable, so you can power multiple subs with one amp. The A18001DQ packs 600 watts RMS at 4 ohms. Wire it with a 1-ohm load and it'll deliver a neighborhood-shaking 1,800 watts RMS!
The variable bass boost lets you add up to 18 dB of extra boom to your music (centered at 40 Hz). Make it as tight as you want it, or loosen it up and really rattle those windows! Combine that with the variable low-pass crossover (50-150 Hz low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave), and you'll get maximum performance out of your subwoofers.
The digital voltmeter lets you keep an eye on power levels. The built-in cooling fans kick on when you power up the amp and stay busy pulling the heat out of the amp to maintain a safe operating temperature. You also get a remote bass control for quick bass level control from the front seat.
Important Note: This amp has a 150-amp fuse rating so a standard 4-gauge wiring kit cannot be used for the installation. See "Wiring Recommendations" under Detailed Info for more information.Details:
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1,200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 1,800 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- 1-ohm stable
- Class D design
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 50-150 Hz low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave
- variable 0-18 dB bass boost centered 40 Hz
- variable (15-40 Hz) subsonic filter
- 0-180 degree phase control
- preamp outputs
- dual cooling fans
- cobalt blue illumination
- digital voltmeter
- remote bass control
- 17-13/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 12"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Chrome-plated mono amplifier with five 30-amp blade fuses
- 1 Remote bass control module
- One 16.33' cable with attached phone-style jacks
- One 39" cable with attached phone-style jacks
- One 1/8" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- Four 7/8" mounting screws
- Two 7/16" mounting screws
- 1 Pair of white gloves
- 1 Audiobahn window sticker
- Operating instructions
- Product registration and warranty book
Class D Power Amplifier: This amplifier utilizes a Class D amplifier design, which allows it to generate more power than other amplifier designs while producing less heat and providing greater efficiency.
High Gloss Chrome-Plated Finish: This amplifier has a high-gloss chrome-plated finish on the top and on all sides. A pair of white cotton gloves is included with the amplifier to prevent finger-print smudges when handling and mounting the amp.
Digital Voltmeter: On the top of this amplifier is a digital voltmeter with cobalt blue illumination. The interior circuit board illuminates as well.
Cooling Fan: There are two built-in cooling fans on the top of this amplifier, which are activated whenever the amplifier receives a signal from the remote turn-on lead. If the remote turn-on lead is connected to your radio, then the cooling fans will run whenever your radio is turned on. The amplifier will shut down if the internal temperature reaches 158 degrees F.
Bass Boost Gain Remote Control: This amplifier includes a bass control port which is designed to work with the wired, remote-mounted bass boost control (included). When the bass boost control is used, you can adjust the bass boost level for the amplifiers speaker output from 0 to 18dB.
Bridged Connection: This amplifier includes a second bass control port which allows you to use two Audiobahn mono amplifiers to drive a single subwoofer, and adjust the bass boost level of both amplifiers using a single bass boost control. Simply wire the bass boost control to the first amplifier, then use the included phone-style jack to connect the two amplifiers using the Bridged Connection ports.
Variable Subsonic Filter: A subsonic (infrasonic) filter allows you to filter out extremely low bass frequencies that may rob power from frequencies that the system can reproduce without distortion. Use of the infrasonic filter allows better amplifier efficiency and better audible sound. The subsonic filter in this amplifier is continuously variable from 15Hz to 40Hz.
Phase Shift Switch: The phase shift switch allows you to select 0 or 180 degrees. When this amplifier is used to power a subwoofer (or subwoofers), the phase shift switch can be used to prevent phase cancellation of low frequencies that are output by the subwoofer. Matching the phase of your subwoofers with the phase of other speakers in your system ensures bass response does not suffer due to phase cancellation.
Soft-Start Circuitry: The amplifier automatically turns on a few seconds after you turn your vehicle's ignition switch to ACC or ON. The power indicator on the side of the amplifier lights when the amplifier is on.
Terminals: The amp has nickel-plated, heavy-duty set screw terminals.
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature reaches 158 degrees F
- Input Overload: shuts off the amp as a result of low voltage or over-voltage
- Short Circuit: shuts off the amp due to speaker or DC short
- DC Offset: protects speakers from damage caused by DC current
Left Side of Amplifier
- Variable Gain Control: a rotary control that allows you to match the input sensitivity of the amp to the particular source unit you are using
- Subsonic Frequency Control: a rotary control that allows you to filter out unwanted bass frequencies. The subsonic filter in this amplifier is continuously variable from 15Hz to 40Hz.
- Variable Bass Boost Control: a rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of bass boost from 0dB to 18dB
- Low-pass Frequency Control: a rotary control that allows you to adjust the frequency of the low-pass crossover from 50Hz to 150Hz
- Phase Shift Switch: lets you select 0 degrees or 180 degrees
- Master/Slave Switch: lets you select between "Master" and "Slave" when bridging amplifiers to drive a single sub.
Left Side of the Amplifier
- Line-In: left and right RCA input jacks
- Line-Out: left and right RCA output jacks, which allow you pass full-range signals from this amplifier to another amp in a daisy-chain configuration
- Remote: phone-style jack for bass boost control
- Bridged Connection: phone-style jack for bass boost control
Right Side of the Amplifier
- Speaker Terminals: one +/- pair of nickel-plated set screw terminals (each terminal is 0.25" wide)
- BATT (power): nickel-plated set screw terminal (accepts 4-gauge wire)
- GND (ground): nickel-plated set screw terminal (accepts 4-gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): nickel-plated set screw terminal (terminal is 0.31" wide)
- Fuses: five 30-amp fuses
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Mono Into A 4-Ohm Load: 600 watts
- Mono Into A 2-Ohm Load: 1200 watts
- Mono Into A 1-Ohm Load: 1800 watts
Wiring Recommendation: This amplifier uses five 30-amp fuses, so its fuse rating exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. For 150-amp fuse protection, an ANL wafer style fuse is required, but none of the 4-gauge wiring kits include an ANL-style fuse holder. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with an ANL-style fuse holder and a 150-amp ANL wafer fuse. If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- 1 ANL wafer-style fuse holder capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- One 150-amp ANL wafer fuse
- 2 power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to the amplifier)
- 4 gauge ground cable
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- 1 stereo RCA patch cables
- Speaker wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.