Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Delphi XM Roady
In-car XM satellite radio receiver
Item #: 040SA10035
This item is no longer available.
Delphi XM Roady
Our take on the Delphi XM Roady by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
Here's the ideal way to get XM Satellite Radio in your vehicle: the Delphi Roady! The Roady package includes everything you need for in-car XM reception the Roady XM Satellite Radio receiver, a cassette adapter, a cigarette lighter power adapter, and a roof-mount antenna. The Roady's compact size allows for a variety of installation options, even if space is tight in your car.
The receiver features seven selectable display colors, plus three colored faceplates, so you can totally personalize it. It gives you 30 presets for instant access to your favorite channels. You can also search by channel number or category, or enter channel numbers directly. Have a few favorite songs? You can program TuneSelect to let you know when one of 15 of them is playing anywhere on XM, plus save artist and title information for them, so you won't forget them when you hit your local music store.
The antenna itself is also something to behold. It's a micro antenna that takes up a fraction of the space that conventional satellite radio antennas do it's believed to be the smallest satellite radio antenna in the known universe! It connects to the Roady with a single wire.
You can send the Roady's audio signal to your car stereo using the convenient cassette adapter, or by connecting the Roady to your stereo's auxiliary input, if it has one, with a minijack-to-RCA cable (see the "Accessories" tab). If your stereo has neither a cassette deck nor an auxiliary input, you can still connect the Roady with the optional Delphi FM modulator or wireless FM modulator power plug.
Note: The Roady is for in-car use only. A subscription to XM is also required. XM Satellite Radio service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories.Details:
- mounting arm with adhesive pad
- display shows title, artist, and channel information
- seven selectable display colors (red, green, sky blue, orange, night blue, purple, and pink)
- three colored faceplates
- TuneSelect song memory
- roof-mount micro antenna with single-wire connection
- cassette adapter
- auxiliary output
- cigarette lighter power adapter
- 4"W x 2-7/16"H x 1-1/8"D (tuner); 1-13/16"W x 11/16"H x 2-3/8"D (antenna)
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- In-car XM Satellite Radio Receiver
- XM magnetic roof-mount antenna with attached 19.5' cable
- Cassette audio adapter with attached 44" cord
- 12V Cigarette lighter power adapter with attached 58" cord
- 1 Car mount with adhesive pad
- 1 Car mount bracket
- 1 Cell phone mount adapter
- 1 Plastic cable wrap
- 1 Gray faceplate
- 1 Red faceplate
- 1 Blue faceplate
- 1 Gray rubber trim ring
- 1 Red rubber trim ring
- 1 Blue rubber trim ring
- 1 Extra adhesive pad
- 1 Alcohol prep pad
- 1 Surface preparation cleaning kit
- User Guide
- Quick Guide
- XM Channel Guide
- "Attention" sheet
Overview: The Roady package includes everything you need for in-car XM reception - the Roady XM Satellite Radio receiver, a cassette adapter, a cigarette lighter power adapter, and a magnetic roof-mount antenna. A subscription to XM Satellite Radio is also required.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 101 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming nationwide, many of which are commercial free.
Display: While tuned to an XM channel, the display contains the following information: artist name, channel name and number, display mode indicator, category search indicator, signal strength indicator, and keypad mode (Direct, Preset A, or Preset B). The receiver features seven selectable display colors, plus three colored faceplates, so you can totally personalize it.
Tuning Wheel: The Tuning Wheel can be used to scroll through channel or menu options. Pressing the Tuning Wheel allows you to select the current channel or menu option.
Direct Entry: Using the numeric buttons on the face of the receiver, you can directly access XM channels.
Direct Tune: This feature changes the functionality of the Tuning Wheel so that it automatically selects a channel each time it is rolled, without having to press the Tuning Wheel in.
Channel Presets: The receiver can store up to 30 preset channels. They are organized into three different groups, or memory banks, Preset A, Preset B, and Preset C. Each memory bank can store up to 10 channels.
Channel Preview: You can use the Tuning Wheel to preview the artists and songs currently playing on other channels before deciding whether or not to leave your current channel.
Artist Name and Song Title Memory: You can save the artist's name and song title on the current channel for future reference. Up to 15 different artist names/song titles can be saved at once, after which any new information that is saved will replace the oldest information in memory.
Tune Select: Using this function, you can program the receiver to alert you with a tone and display change when a favorite song is played again on a channel other than the one you are listening to.
Audio Level: You can adjust the receiver's audio level output if it is too high, causing distortion, or too low for your vehicle.
Auto-off: You can set the tuner to automatically shut off 60, 120, or 180 minutes after it is turned on.
Car Mount: Using the supplied car mount with attached adhesive pad, the receiver can be mounted to any flat surface in your vehicle. The car mount has a ball joint that allows you to swivel the receiver for optimum viewing. Using the extra adhesive pad and car mount bracket, you can mount the receiver directly to your vehicle's dashboard without using the car mount.
Optional Home Kit: An optional home kit may be purchased directly from XM Radio, by calling 1-866-824-5340. The kit is $19.99 plus tax, shipping & handling, and it includes a docking station, an antenna and a power supply.
Receiver Front Panel:
- Power: turns the receiver on or off
- Display: toggles between display options
- Memory: saves artist name and song title information on the display screen
- Menu: allows you to select and change receiver configuration options
- Preset/Direct: switches between Direct Entry, Preset A, Preset Band Preset C
- Category <</>>: enters category search and displays channels grouped by category
- Tuning Wheel: allows you to scroll through and select a channel or a menu option
- Number Keys: used to select a channel or channel preset directly
Left Side of Receiver:
- DC In (6V): jack for use with the supplied cigarette lighter power adapter
- Line Out: stereo minijack for use with supplied cassette audio adapter; using an optional audio cable, you can connect the cradle directly to your receiver's auxiliary input (if your receiver has one)
- Antenna Connection: single input for use with supplied antenna; this is a single input that accepts satellite and terrestrial signals, so it is not compatible with antennas, or antenna extensions, that require separate satellite and terrestrial connections
- Car Mount: W=2.171", H=1.418", D=1.812"
- XM Antenna: W=1.763", H=0.657", D=2.338"
Warning: The Roady system is not designed for use in airplanes. The receiver produces a level of electromagnetic interference that may negatively affect the instrumentation in planes and cause potentially dangerous situations.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.