Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Delphi SkyFi3® w/Bose® Kit
XM Radio and connections for Bose Wave® music system
Item #: 040SA10219
This item is no longer available.
Delphi SkyFi3® w/Bose® Kit
Our take on the Delphi SkyFi3® w/Bose® Kit by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
This Delphi SKYFi3® kit has everything you need to start enjoying XM Satellite Radio through your Bose Wave® music system. You get a SKYFi3 plug-and-play XM radio, a home dock, an indoor XM antenna, plus a wire management hub to conveniently handle all the necessary connections. Just add an XM subscription and you're ready to roll.
Using the provided remote, you can control both the SKYFi3 and your Wave® music system. When you place your radio on the dock, you can view XM text such as the artists' names, song titles, sports scores, stock ticker and channel info on the Wave® music system's front panel.
The wire management hub makes setup simple. The indoor antenna and dock connect to the hub; since the hub also hooks up to an AC power adapter, your SKYFi3 will recharge while it's docked. An included audio cable connects the hub to the back of your Bose Wave® music system.
Note: NOT compatible with Bose Wave® radio and Bose Wave® radio II.
What's in the Box:
- Portable XM Satellite Radio Receiver
- Home docking station
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- XM home antenna with attached 10' cord and wire management hub( cover installed) with attached 6.5' AC power cord/12" minijack cable/12" multi-cable with DC/SMB/Minijack connections
- 39" USB cable with a USB type-A connector on one end and a USB type-B connector on other end
- 5.5" Y-adapter with a male stereo RCA connection on one end a female 3.5mm minijack connector on other end
- SKYFi3 Software Installation Disc
- Remote sticker
- XM Satellite Radio Digital Audio Player User Guide
- SKYFi3 Kit for Bose System User Guide
- On-line registration sheet
- "Software Update" sheet
- "STOP-Need help?" sheet
- XM channel guide
Overview: The Delphi SA10219 SKYFi3 Kit for Bose Wave Audio Systems allows you to add more than 170 digital channels of XM programming to your Bose Wave System. The kit includes Delphi's SKYFi3 XM Satellite Radio, universal remote control, home docking station, antenna and wire management hub which is everything you will need to integrate XM satellite radio into your Bose Wave System.
Note: Bose Wave Music Radio System not included.
Compatible Bose Wave Systems: The following Bose Wave Systems equipped with an auxiliary input are compatible with the Delphi SKYFi3 Bose Kit.
- Bose Wave Music System
- Bose Wave Music System with Multi-CD changer
- Bose Wave Radio/CD
Note: Bose Wave Radio I and Bose Wave Radio II are not compatible.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers more than 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast.
Connection: The SKYFi3 XM Receiver connects to your Bose Wave Radio System via the supplied Home Dock and Wire Management Hub. The SKYFi3 docks to the Home Dock; the Home Dock then connects to the Wire Management Hub. The Wire Management Hub has a 10' XM antenna already attached and its attached audio output cable connects to your Bose Wave Radio System's auxiliary input to complete the installation. The Hub is designed to conceal unnecessary lengths of wire.
Note: If you have a 3 disc Wave music system Multi-CD changer attached to your Bose Wave Radio System, you will need to plug-in the included RCA adapter into the AUX 1 input on the back of the CD changer. All necessary audio cables for hookup are provided with the kit.
Wireless Remote: With the included universal IR wireless remote, you can control both the Bose and SKYFi3 features as if the XM receiver were built into the Bose Wave System. For added convenience, the source buttons (FM/AM, CD and XM) will illuminate to the current remote mode whenever any button is pressed on the remote. The remote also features color-coded buttons. Black buttons represent Bose functions and gray buttons represent SKYi3-only controls. Many of the buttons, such as volume and power, have dual controls for both units to make using your system even easier. The remote also includes an numeric keypad for directly accessing your favorite XM channels.
Note: If you own a Bose Wave Radio/CD combination, be sure to attach the sticker that is enclosed in this kit to this remote to make operation of the remote simpler. After you've attached the sticker to the remote, adjust the switch to position 2 inside the battery compartment.
SKYFi3 XM Receiver: The Delphi SKYFi3 XM Satellite receiver works as both a portable player and a plug-and-play receiver. The SKYFi3 features a built-in wireless FM transmitter for automobile use when connected to the optional car dock (sold separately). The SKYFi3 features a MicroSD card slot, USB connection and comes supplied with a USB cable to download MP3 and WMA files to your SKYFi3. The micro SD card is sold separately.
Backlit Display: The SKYFi3 features a large 2.8 inch LCD backlit display that allows for either vertical or horizontal orientation. The Display screen offers two modes.
- Live XM Mode: The screen
displays the following information in the Live XM mode.
- Signal strength from 0 to 3 bars
- Battery level and charging status
- Listening/User mode
- Direct/Favorites indicator
- Channel Icon, Channel Name and Channel Number
- Artist name
- Song Title
- Information Extras such as Stock and Sports Tickers
- My Music Mode: The screen
displays the following information in the My Music mode.
- Available memory used and unused
- Battery level and charging status
- Listening/User mode
- Title Bar (All Songs, Artist, Category, Channel, Session)
- Artist name
- Song title
- Elapsed time
- Song length
- Song position
Display Appearance: When you are in the Live XM Mode you can choose between the default font size or a larger font size. The artist and title information will scroll when you are in the Large Font size mode. The LCD display will also allow you to adjust the Brightness, Contrast and Backlight Timer for both the Live XM mode and the My Music mode.
Battery: The SKYFi3 uses an integrated Lithium Ion rechargeable battery that can be charged from the supplied car kit's vehicle power adapter or the supplied USB cable when connected to your PC. The battery should be fully charged for 3 hours before initial use.
Pause and Replay: The SKYFi3 features a 30 minute Pause-Replay function that continuously and automatically saves the last 30 minutes of music, sports, comedy or talk radio regardless of whether the user changes channels on its built-in 32 MB internal RAM. At any point during live listening, you can pause a song or program with a single press of a button and as long as playback resumes within 30 minutes, you can enjoy what you would have otherwise missed.
Internal Memory: The Delphi SKYFi3 can store up to 10 hours of XM programming on its non-removable 256 MB internal flash memory. Recordings can be started anytime during the live listening mode or by using SKYFi3's scheduled recording feature. A subscription to XM must be maintained to listen to stored XM programming.
Removable Memory: The SKYFi3 features a MicroSD card slot that will accept up to a 2 GB MicroSD card. Using the mini-USB type-B connection on the receiver you can download MP3 and WMA files from XM+Napster from your PC onto your SKYFi3's optional MicroSD card. You can listen to these music files with the supplied headphones, supplied car kit or optional home kit.
FM Modulator: The SKYFi3 offers a built-in FM modulator that allows you to wirelessly transmit an FM signal from the SKYFi3 to your car's radio. This allows the broadcasting of XM radio through Car radio's FM station. You can adjust the FM output to match your vehicle's FM signal when the unit is docked in the car cradle.
Important Note from Crutchfield: Current FCC rules limit the transmission strength of wireless FM transmitters to a point where transmission needs to take place very near your FM antenna. XM includes the SureConnect wiring with the car kit in order to address this issue, but Crutchfield strongly encourages customers to use an auxiliary input, wired FM modulator, or cassette adapter to ensure satisfaction with the performance and cosmetics of this satellite radio.
Information Extras: The SKYFi3 features the ability to display the latest tock quotes and sports scores at the bottom of it's LCD screen. You can track up to 20 stock symbols and see their prices and movements.
EQ: The SKYFi3 allows to set the tone quality for the unit to match the type of music you are listening to.
Firmware Updates: You can check for and download firmware updates at any time by plugging the SKYFi3 into your PC and going to http://FWUPDT.xmradio.com.
Live XM Mode: You may listen to live XM content only when the SKYFi3 is docked to the supplied vehicle cradle, optional home cradle or optional portable cradle. The Live XM Mode offers the following features.
- Channel Selection: You can select
channels from the Live XM mode by using the following functions.
- Channel Browsing: scrolls the full list of channels
- Direct Entry: enter the channel number directly from the remote or dock
- Category Browsing: scrolls the list of channel categories from the channel list
- Favorites: access your favorite channels (presets)
- Replaying XM Content: The SKYFi3 is
equipped with a 30 minute buffer that automatically records the last 30
minutes of music played. You can access this 30 minute buffer at anytime to
replay XM content. The following music search functions are available for XM
- Skip: skips to the previous or next song in the order that they played in
- Rewind/Fast Forward: rewinds or fast forwards through the current recorded song or songs
- Quick Rewind/Fast Forward: increases the fast forward and rewind speeds up to 4 speed levels
Note: XM Instant Traffic and Weather cannot be replayed.
- Recording: The SKYFi3 can record up to 10 hours worth of XM content. You can record while listening to Live XM or by scheduling a recording session. When listening to Live XM, you can record the current song or begin recording the current channel. You can then listen to your recorded XM anywhere with the SKYFi3 and organize your recorded content into playlists. To record XM content you must dock the SKYFi3 in either the car or home cradle.
Note: Recorded XM contents is for personal, non-commercial use only and cannot be downloaded from the SKYFi3 to another device.
- Delayed Start Recording: The Delayed Start Recording feature gives you 45 seconds from the start of the song to press RECORD and capture all of the song, as long as you have been tuned to that channel for at least 45 seconds.
- Scheduled Recording: The SKYFi3
allows you to set a particular period of time for the unit to record. To
schedule a recording session, the SKYFi3 must be on with an XM signal or off
and in a powered home or car dock. You will need to enter in the following
criteria for the unit to record a scheduled session.
- When: choose from Today, Everyday, or a select a specific Date
- Start: select a start time
- End: select an end time
- Channel: pick the channel you want to record
- Tune Select: The Tune Select feature allows you to setup a list of songs or artists that the SKYFi3 will alert you of when one of them is playing on any XM channel.
- Favorites: The SKYFi3 has three banks of favorites or presets (A, B, C) that you can save 10 items in each bank, giving you a total of 30 XM presets.
My Music Mode: The SKYFi3 gives you the ability to listen to recorded XM content or downloaded MP3/WMA files through the My Music mode function. The My Music Mode offers the following features.
- Music Access: In addition to accessing a list of your song in the order that they were recorded, you can also access your music by Artist, Category, Channel, and Recording Session.
- Playlists: The SKYFi3 allows you to create your own playlists. Playlists contain a list of songs that are organized to play in a certain sequence. You can add a song to more than one playlist.
- Playback Modes: The SKYFi3 offers the ability to randomly playback the order of your recorded songs or repeat the current song.
- Locking Songs: Once the SKYFi3's internal memory is full, subsequent recordings will replace stored songs in the order they were recorded. You can lock songs to prevent them from being replaced.
Auxiliary Mode: You can use the SKYFi3 with an external audio source by attaching it to the line-input jack on the car cradle. This will allow you to listen to the external source through the SKYFi3 from your car stereo's sound system.
SKYFi3 Receiver Controls and Connections:
- Controls: The SKYFi3 offers the following
controls on the front panel and right side of the unit.
- Front Panel:
- Display Orientation
- Power/Mode Button
- Arrow Keys (used for menu selections and song searches)
- Right Side:
- Volume Up/Down
- Hold/Lock switch
- Front Panel:
- Connections: The SKYFi3 features the
following connections on the top and bottom of the unit.
- Top of Receiver:
- Headphone Jack: 3.5mm jack for optional headphones
- MicroSD Slot: MicroSD Card slot for optional MicroSD card up to 2GB
- Bottom of Receiver:
- Dock Connector: proprietary connection for supplied Home/Bose dock and optional car dock
- Power Connector: connection for supplied vehicle power adapter and optional AC adapter
- USB Connector: mini-type-B USB connector for supplied USB cable for hookup to your PC
- Top of Receiver:
Home Dock Connections:
- Dock Connector: proprietary connection for SKYFi3
- Ant: male SMB XM antenna connection
- Line In: 3.5mm female minijack audio output
- Line Out: 3.5mm female minijack audio input
- 5V DC: connection for AC power adapter
Wire Management Hub Connections: In addition to the attached home XM antenna and AC power cord, the Wire Management Hub is equipped with the following cables.
- Audio Output: The Hub features a 12" male minijack connector that plugs directly into your compatible Bose Wave Radio/System or plugs into your Bose Wave Radio/System via the supplied Y-adapter.
- SKYFi3 Connection: The Hub also
features a 12" cord that utilizes the following connections to plug into the
- DC Input: supplies power to SKYFi3 through home dock
- Female SMB Connector: connects XM home antenna to home dock
- Audio Input: 3.5mm male minijack connector that plugs in to the home dock
Optional Vehicle Kit (SA10226): The car kit includes a docking cradle, wireless remote control, magnetic antenna, XM SureConnect cable, vehicle power adapter and two mounting brackets.
Note: If you're not able to use the XM SureConnect cable, you'll need to use either the supplied tape adapter (if applicable) or the optional wired FM method of installation using the optional FM direct adapter (item 040SA10112, sold separately). If your headunit has an auxiliary input you can use the line-out connection.
Optional Home Kit (SA10227): The SKYFi3 can also be used at another home or office audio location via an additional Home Kit (sold separately). It comes supplied with a home dock, home antenna, RCA cable, full-function IR wireless remote control and AC power adaptor.
Optional Portable Live Kit (SA10228): It can also be used as a portable Live XM device via the optional Portable Live Kit (sold separately). The kit consists of an over-the-head headphone set that featuring a built-in XM antenna, portable dock, armband and sports case.
Antenna Extension Cable: If you need more antenna cable length you can add an optional 50' antenna extension cable (SA1006, sold separately) to the supplied XM home antenna.
Signal Repeater: For indoor use with low signal it is recommend using the optional Delphi Signal Repeater (SA10116-11P1, sold separately). It allows you to use your SKYFi3 indoors, regardless of XM signal strength, just about anywhere in your home or office.
XM+Napster Software: The Delphi SKYFi3 comes supplied with a XM+Napster Software disc that allows you to download MP3 and WMA files onto the optional microSD card of the SKYFi3. The SKYFi3 receiver must already be activated before using this software. Before connecting the SKYFi3 unit to your PC you must first install the software disc. The software allows you to do the following.
- Transfer digital audio files (MP3/WMA) between an optional MicroSD Card in the SKYfi3 and your PC.
- Manage your music, playlists and recording sessions on your SKYFi3.
- Search for and purchase music from XM+Napster.
- Listen to XM Radio On-Line.
- For a monthly fee you can download and listen to Napster's entire music library
- You may also transfer ripped CDs directly that have been downloaded to your XM+Napster library via an optional MicroSD car reader (sold separately).
Note: Delphi recommends that you do not create or add songs more than eight folders from the root folder of the MicroSD card. Folder and file names should be limited to a maximum of 128 characters.
System Requirements: In order to use XM+Napster and the Firmware Update Tool, the minimum system requirements are as follows:
- PC Requirements:
- Intel Pentium-class CPU
- Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2, Windows XP Professional SP2, or Windows 2000 SP4 operating system
- At least 65 MB of RAM
- At least 13 MB of available hard disk space for XM+Napster application
- Internet Explorer 5.1 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9 or higher; Windows Media Player 10 recommended for Windows XP
- Active Internet connection; recommends a broadband (cable, DSL, or fiber) connection for optimal performance
- USB port required
Note: Delphi currently does not support the following operating systems - Window 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, and Windows Me
- Mac Requirements: (you
will only be able to copy files; you will not be able to organize your audio
files through XM+Napster)
- USB port required
- Macintosh Finder
SKYFi3 Receiver: W = 2.428", H = 4.404", D = 0.693"
Receiver Weight: 0.25 lbs
Home Docking Station: W = 3.185", H = 1.165", D = 4.905"(with cables)
Receiver in Home Docking Station: W = 3.185", H = 4.9375", D = 4.905" (with cables)
Wire Management Hub: Diameter = 3.875", Height = 2"
XM Home Antenna: W = 2.358", H = 3.05" (antenna extended) / 0.915" (antenna collapsed), D = 2.761"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.