Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Plug-and-play XM satellite radio with color split screen and car accessories
Item # 040SA10315 | MFR # SA10315-11B1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the XM XpressRC by Crutchfield's Matt Holliday
Now you can enjoy XM Satellite Radio in living color with the XpressRC plug-and-play radio. Its adjustable color screen offers improved clarity and brightness, so it's easier to keep track of XM's great programming.
The XpressRC's split-screen display provides a real-time programming guide, allowing you to see what's on the channel that's currently playing, as well as on three other channels. TuneSelect alerts you when your favorite songs or artists are playing on another channel, while GameSelect lets you know when your favorite sports events are on the air.
The XpressRC automatically saves the last 60 minutes of programming, so you can pause and replay music, sports, and talk shows without missing a beat. You can even save your 10 favorite songs to listen to later.
Use it in your car or home
You'll find a car docking station, DC power adapter, roof-mount antenna, and cassette adapter in the box, but you'll need an optional FM modulator if your car stereo doesn't have an auxiliary input or cassette deck. Delphi also offers a universal home kit and a portable powered speaker system that let you enjoy XM in any environment.
Note: A subscription to XM is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Portable reception may vary by location. If you have questions about the proposed XM/SIRIUS merger, read the XM Customer Promise. To view this file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat PDF reader.
I love the Flexability, Sound Quality, and Wonderfull Display. I love the Color display with the LARGE lettering and the fact that there are several display modes that you can coose. However, with all the GREAT programming XM has to offer 10 presets just is not enough...
Kevin, Dearborn, MI
What's in the Box:
- Portable XM Satellite Radio Receiver
- Wireless remote control with installed CR2032 battery
- Vehicle cradle dock
- Magnetic vehicle antenna with attached 22.75' cord with single SMB connector
- Vehicle 12-volt power adapter with attached 39" cord
- Cassette adapter with an attached 44" cord with stereo 3.5mm miniplug
- Vehicle swivel mount
- Vehicle vent mount
- Rubber antenna cable wedge
- Alcohol prep pad
- Surface preparation cleaning pad
- User Guide (English)
- User Guide (Spanish)
- Quick Guide (English)
- Quick Guide (Spanish)
- "Attention" note
- XM channel guide
- plug-and-play XM satellite radio with split screen color display
- includes car accessories: docking station, DC power adapter, roof-mount antenna, and cassette adapter
- requires optional FM modulator or XM SureConnect to send sound to a car stereo without an auxiliary input or cassette player
- pause and replay up to 60 minutes of programming
- large split screen display shows channel, artist, and song information: up to 4 channels simultaneously
- TuneSelect alerts you when songs or artists you've saved are playing
- Game Select alerts you when your favorite sports teams are playing
- 10 channel presets
- scrolling info extras, such as sports scores and stock ticker
- car cradle features audio output (3.5 mm minijack) that connects to car stereo's aux input
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
XM XpressRC Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: This package contains the Delphi Xpress RC XM Satellite Radio receiver, car cradle (with swivel adhesive mount), a cigarette lighter power adapter, and a magnetic roof-mount antenna. You can connect the Xpress RC to your vehicle's sound system using the supplied cassette adapter or your radio's auxiliary input (a separate adapter cable is necessary). A subscription to XM Satellite Radio is also required.
Note: The car cradle has a built-in FM modulator, but requires the use of either the XM SureConnect (item number 220XMSC1) or FM Direct Adapter (item number 220XMFM1), each sold separately.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities, as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing and several major college conferences.
Color Display: The Xpress RC features a bright, 2-7/16" x 1-1/2" full color display. You can choose from three display modes: single current channel, split-screen with channel list (a total of 4 channels are displayed), and split screen with previous channel. Each channel displayed indicates the channel name, number, and currently playing song or program. The display can also show full color graphics of each XM channel logo and color wallpaper. You can adjust the display's brightness and backlight duration, plus activate the Auto Dimmer function, which will automatically adjust the brightness for daytime and nighttime modes.
5-way Navigation Button: The main control knob has a 5-way action for multiple controls. The center button (XM button) can be pressed to make a selection. The button can toggle left and right to tune the XM channels by category, and toggle up and down to change the display or jump to the previously selected channel. You can also turn the knob in either direction to scroll through a list or tune from channel to channel.
Tuning Options: You can tune to your favorite channels in a number of ways:
- Tuning Knob: You can turn the control knob to scroll through the list of channels. When you find the channel you want, press the XM Button to select. You can also configure the unit to select the channel if it has been highlighted for 3 seconds.
- Category Tuning: You can narrow your channel selection by first tuning to a channel category (Decades, Country, Pop & Hits, etc.). Once you have found the category you can turn the control knob to the desired channel and select. You can also briefly listen to each channel in a category by selecting the Scan feature.
- Direct Entry: When the unit is in the Direct Tuning mode, you can enter the channel number using the number buttons on the front of the unit or the supplied remote control.
- Jump: To listen to the previous channel you selected, you can press the Jump button on the unit or remote. You can set the unit to display both the current channel and previous channel at the same time in split screen.
- Favorite Channels: You can assign up to 10 of your favorite channels to the number buttons for quick access. You will have to switch to the Favorite Channels mode before selecting your favorite channel. You can view a list of your favorite channels using the < and > buttons. To select a favorite channel, you can press the favorite channel button on the unit or remote.
- Skip: Channels you wish to skip, you can remove them from the channel list using the Channel Access option in the menu. Skipped channels can be added back in at any time.
Remote Control: The Xpress RC comes with a 27-button full-function remote control. The remote is powered by a 3-volt, CR3032 battery (supplied).
SongSaver: When you hear a song you like, you can press and hold the XM button to record and add the song to the SongSaver memory. You can store up to 10 songs--if you add an 11th song to the memory, the oldest song is deleted. While playing back the saved song, the split screen display shows the current song playing and five other saved songs in the memory.
Pause/Replay: If you get interrupted while listening to XM Radio, you can pause playback for up to 60 minutes. This feature applies to the current listening session only--if you turn the unit off, the memory buffer is cleared. When playing back stored content, the display shows a split screen of previously played tracks. You can turn the control knob to view the replay list and press the XM button to select a track. You can also skip forward or backward through the list.
TuneSelect: TuneSelect finds your favorite artist and song whenever they're being played on any XM channel. The Xpress RC can save up to 20 of your favorite artists or songs, and notify you with a special tone and message whenever the song or artist is playing on another channel. To switch to that channel, you can press the XM button. You can edit the TuneSelect list at any time to remove unwanted songs or artists, or switch between song or artist alerts.
GameSelect: You can select up to 50 of your favorite sports teams and view their scores and stats at any time. GameSelect will also notify you with a special tone and message whenever a game involving one of your favorite teams is about to start. You can switch to that channel by pressing the XM button.
Stock Quotes: You can track the price and daily movement for up to 20 of your favorite stocks. The Info Extras feature will scroll the stock prices along the bottom of the screen while the Xpress RC is turned on. Note: Information is available about most stocks and indices listed on the NYSE, AMEX, or NASDAQ, and is delayed approximately 25 minutes.
Portability: The Delphi Xpress RC comes with a car kit for one vehicle. Car kits (220XMC10A) are available separately for additional vehicles you may have. You can also purchase a home kit (220XMH10) for use in your home and/or office. The Xpress RC also works with the Delphi Premium Sound System (040SA10221). Having multiple kits allows you to move your Xpress RC from car to car or from car to home without having to purchase additional receivers and subscriptions.
Line Output Level: The Xpress RC's car cradle has a 3.5mm minijack audio output for use with the supplied cassette adapter or an auxiliary input adapter (mini-to-mini or mini-to-RCA, depending upon your receiver's aux input). When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match the radio's other sources.
Antenna Signal Strength: For best reception, your XM antenna should have an unobstructed view of the XM satellites in the southern sky. In large cities, XM has a network of ground repeaters to help increase signal coverage. You can check the strength of the satellite and terrestrial signals using the signal strength meter found in the menu.
Sleep Timer: When mounted to the optional home stand or sound system, you can activate the built-in sleep timer. The sleep timer will automatically turn off the unit after 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
Delphi Xpress RC Receiver: Width=4.557", Height=2.478", Depth=0.904"
Car Cradle: Width=3.782", Height=1.731", Depth=1.586"
Receiver in Car Cradle: Width=4.557", Height=3.178", Depth=1.625"
Remote Control: Width=1.583", Length=4.715", Height=0.591"
Magnetic Antenna: Width=1.394", Height=0.529", Depth=1.715", Cable Length=22.75'
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.