Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
In-dash CD player/GPS navigation system for select 2003-06 Cadillac and GMC SUVs
Our take on the Delphi TNR800 by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
If you've got a 2003-up Cadillac or GMC luxury SUV, Delphi offers you a convenient way to add an in-dash GPS navigation system. The TNR800 in-dash CD player/navigation system acts as a direct replacement for your factory stereo it even plugs into your system using the factory wiring harness, so you retain all factory functions like OnStar, steering-wheel controls, door chimes, etc. You won't need to buy a separate adapter or rewire your vehicle.
The 6-1/2" screen gives you touch-panel control of the system, and shows you where you are as you're driving. Front-panel buttons and two rotary knobs also help you make system adjustments. The TNR800 performs navigation functions, plays CDs, and controls any factory equipment you may have connected, such as an XM satellite radio or a rear-seat entertainment system.
The included map disc features detailed road maps of the U.S. and Canada the system uses to calculate your route and guide you as you drive. You can enter your destination by typing in a specific address or street name, or selecting from the millions of points of interest, including restaurants and hotels. The system delivers turn-by-turn guidance using the on-screen maps and voice prompts delivered over your vehicle's speakers that tell you whenever a turn is coming up. For easy routing, you can save your home address, and store preferred destinations.
While you navigate, you can still listen to the AM/FM radio, or to XM, if you have it hooked up. Navigation requires the use of the navigation discs, so you won't be able to listen to your CDs.
Note: The TNR800 accepts CDs and the included navigation DVDs only; it will not play video DVDs. Installation of the included GPS antenna requires some dash disassembly.
This TNR800 is designed to fit the your 2003-06 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, or Escalade ESV, or GMC Yukon Denali. If you haven't already, please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify compatibility with your vehicle.
- in-dash CD player/navigation system for select 2003-up Cadillac and GMC SUVs
- GPS antenna included
- plugs directly into your SUV's factory wiring harness (no wiring adapters required) retains all factory functions and operates all factory add-ons
- 6-1/2" screen with touch-panel controls
- turn-by-turn guidance using maps displayed on screen and voice prompts
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- detailed NAVTEQ road maps of the U.S. and Canada on included DVD-ROM disc
- more than 11 million points of interest
- home and preset destination memory
- controls factory components you may have, including XM Satellite Radio and a rear-seat entertainment system
- works with OnStar and factory steering-wheel controls
- works with optional factory Digital Signal Processing sound settings
- AM/FM radio tuner
- compatible with Radio Data System (RDS) information
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- TNR800 In-dash Touchscreen Navigation radio
- GPS antenna with attached 23" cable (has green plastic proprietary connector)
- Delphi Map DVD Version 2.0 (U.S. and Canada)
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information card
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||---|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||---|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Key Button Color||---|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Overview: The Delphi TNR800 is a direct in-dash replacement for select General Motors sport utility vehicles. The TNR800 features DVD-driven, touch-screen navigation, as well as a CD player and AM/FM tuner. The unit seamlessly integrates with the vehicle's original accessories, including OnStar, XM Satellite radio, and Rear Seat Video/Audio. It also plugs directly into the factory wiring; no need for custom wiring harnesses or interface boxes.
Compatibility: This model (NA40005) is compatible with select 2003-2006 models of the following GM vehicles:
- Cadillac Escalade/EXT/ESV
- GMC Denali
Note: Please check compatibility with the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector before making your purchase.
DVD Navigation: The TNR800 comes with a DVD-ROM map disc of the contiguous United States and parts of Hawaii and Canada. The map database includes interstate highways, state highways, country roads, and major and general streets. Note: The map disc must be in the DVD/CD slot while you are navigating.
Global Positioning System (GPS): The TNR800 uses GPS satellites to determine your current position and track your movement along your route. The radio comes with a GPS antenna, which needs to be installed on your dash. In addition, the radio will use the GPS satellites to automatically set the clock.
Touch-Sensitive Screen Buttons: Touch-screen buttons are located on the navigation screen. Screen buttons are highlighted when available and dim when they are unavailable. Some toggle touch-sensitive screen buttons that are light blue when active and dark blue when not active. Touch-sensitive buttons include: Destination, Navigation Options, Navigation Menu, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Clock, Audio Source, and Back.
Map Colors: You can independently adjust the appearance of the maps during the day and at night. You can select from Normal, Auto, 1, 2, 3, or 4. When Auto is selected, the map colors will change automatically every three months.
Map Appearance Options: The Map Appearance screen is divided into three sections:
- Map Orientation: you can choose North Up, Heading Up, or 3D view in heading up position
- Guidance Mode: you can choose arrow (directional turn guidance), turn list (with next 3 maneuvers), or map (with calculated route highlighted)
- Map Mode: you can choose single map display, or split screen with two maps displayed
Map Scale Range: You can zoom in and out of a map to see more or less detail. The scale of a map can range from 1/32 of a mile (165 feet), to 128 miles.
Voice Volume: You can manually adjust the volume of the voice guidance prompts, or, with Adaptive Voice Volume Control activated, the volume of the voice prompts will increase automatically once the vehicle exceeds 50 miles per hour.
Search Areas: Before entering a destination, you must first select a search area from one of 9 regions: Southwest US, Northwest US, South Central US, Midwest, Southeast US, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast US, Canada, and Hawaii (Alaska is not covered on this map.).
Route Options: Once a destination has been entered, the Route Overview menu appear with three options:
- Start: choose the current highlighted route and begin route guidance
- 3 Routes: three highlighted routes are displayed: Fastest, Shortest, and Alternative. After selecting one of the three routes, the road distance and estimated travel time is displayed.
- Edit Route: this option allows you to change the route preferences
Memory Points: You can register up to 30 memory points for later reference as a destination. The name, location, and information of the memory point is stored in memory, plus an icon is assigned to the memory point for quick reference.
Areas to Avoid: Up to 10 areas to avoid can be registered from the Memory Points menu. These can be areas such as high traffic areas, construction areas, or any main road or intersection you wish to avoid.
Preset and Emergency Destinations: You can set up to 6 destinations as presets for quick reference. The destinations include "Home" and numbered presets 1-5. When "Emergency" is entered as a destination, you will be able to choose Police Station or Hospital, and select your destination from a list. "Home", "Emergency" and Presets 1-5 are the only destinations that can be selected while the vehicle is moving.
Entering Destinations: You can select a destination from any of the following:
- Address: enter destination by street name, address number, and city/state name.
- Points of Interest: enter destination by POI name (Washington Monument, Statue of Liberty), or select from a category of POI (hotel, gas station, ATM, restaurant, etc.)
- Home: press the "Home" button to select the destination you have preset as your home base
- Preset: press the preset number 1-5 to select the appropriate destination you have set as a preset.
POI Search: You can search for a Point of Interest by using a combination of three methods:
- Name: type in the name of the POI using the alpha-numeric keypad (many POIs can also be located by phone number)
- Category: select a category such as gas station, restaurant, hotel, etc.
- City: after touching the City screen, you can select from POIs in that city
Audio System: With the TNR800, you can listen to the radio (AM, FM, or XM) while the navigation system is operating. Because the navigation is DVD based, the unit cannot play CDs during navigation. The display for the audio system appears on the left side of the map screen during navigation. If the navigation system is off, the audio display occupies the entire screen.
AM/FM Tuner: The TNR800 has a built-in AM/FM radio with 18 presets (12 FM, 6 AM) and seek and scan tuning. In addition, the unit is compatible with the Radio Data System (RDS). When FM stations that broadcast RDS information are received, the radio can display the station name, display messages from the radio station, or display song title and artist name.
CD Player: This unit will play commercial CDs as well as CD-R and CD-RW discs formatted for CD audio. It will not play MP3 or WMA files. CD playback features include: random play, track repeat, fast forward/fast reverse, track up/down, and track intro scan.
CD Changer Controls: If the vehicle has a factory-installed CD changer, the TNR800 can integrate with it and control it. Playback features include: Disc Random, All Disc Random, Track Repeat, Fast Forward/Fast Reverse, Disc up, Disc Down, Track Up, Track Down, Track Intro Scan, and Disc Intro Scan.
XM Satellite Radio: If the vehicle is equipped with XM Satellite radio, the TNR800 allows you to preset up to 12 stations in 2 bands of 6 stations. When an XM station is tuned, the channel name and number, song title and artist will be displayed on the screen. If you desire, you can set the radio to hide XM information after a certain amount of time has passed. You can also seek or scan for stations based on their category.
Rear Seat Entertainment: The TNR800 easily integrates with a factory-equipped Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) System. When a DVD or CD is playing in the RSE, you can listen to the audio of that disc through all of the vehicle's speakers. You can also mute the front speakers, rear speakers, or all speakers from the TNR800.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): If your vehicle is equipped with DSP, you can choose from four different listening experiences while listening to the audio system:
- Normal: delivers all occupants the best possible sound
- Driver: delivers the driver's seat occupant the best possible sound
- Rear: delivers the rear seat occupants the best possible sound
- Spacious: makes the listening space seem larger
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.