Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Expandable tilt wall mount for flat-panel TVs 27"-110"
Item # 051VMPL3B | MFR # VMPL3B
$169.99 Earn up to 170 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Sanus VMPL3 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The Sanus VMPL3 has an expandable design that lets you mount flat-panel TVs ranging from 27" all the way up to 110" on your wall. It features sturdy, heavy-gauge steel construction with a durable powder-coated finish. You get two sets of mounting brackets for your TV: One set provides vertical tilt so you can adjust the angle of your TV with a gentle push, and the other set mounts your TV in a fixed position just 1-9/16" from the wall.
Will this mount work with my TV?
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of mounts that work with your specific TV.
Where do I drill the holes?
Tell the Sanus HeightFinder™ Installation Assistant how high you want your TV, and it tells you exactly where to drill.
Used this to mount a 50" Pioneer Plasma Elite, about 165 lbs. The mount extends laterally enough to hit two studs and still have enough overlap to center the TV. Solid and very reasonable price for the strength and quality.
What's in the Box:
- Expandable wall-bracket
- 2 Vertical TV brackets
- 2 Low-profile TV brackets
- 2 TV bracket extensions
- 2 Latch extensions
- Four M4 x 12mm screws
- Four M4 x 35mm screws
- Four M5 x 12mm screws
- Four M5 x 35mm screws
- Four M6 x 12mm screws
- Four M6 x 20mm screws
- Four M6 x 35mm screws
- Four M8 x 16mm screws
- Four M8 x 20mm screws
- Four M8 x 35mm screws
- Four 10-32 x 1/4" screws
- Two 1/4"-20 x 7/8" screws
- Four M4/M5 washers
- Four M6/M8 washers
- Six 0.695 x 0.35 x 0.075 washer
- Eight 1/4" washers
- 4 Spacers
- 6 Wall-anchors
- Six 5/16" x 2-3/4" lag-bolts
- fits most flat-panel plasma and LCD TVs from 27" to 110"
- heavy-gauge steel construction with powder-coated finish
- includes tilting and fixed, low-profile brackets
- tilt range: +6° to -12°
- low-profile brackets mount TV 1-9/16" away from wall
- supports 280 lbs.
- stud-mounting required
- includes mounting hardware
- accommodates a range of mounting hole patterns: VESA 50, 75, 100, and 200mm x 200mm, 200mm x 100mm, and 400mm x 200mm mounting standard
- optional center plate allows mount to accommodate a wider range of TVs, including 65" Panasonic plasmas
- wall plate: 27-1/8"W (expandable up to 42-3/8") x 9-1/16"H x 7/8"D
- monitor brackets: 17"W (expandable up to 27-7/16") x 1-11/16"H x 2-5/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sanus VMPL3 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
TV Compatibility: The Sanus VMPL3 features an adjustable design that expands and retracts to offer a custom fit for many flat-panel TVs. The Sanus VMPL3 wall-mount bracket fits TVs from 27" to 110", weighing up to 280 lbs.
VESA Bolt Pattern: The Sanus VMPL3 wall-mount bracket accommodates a horizontal hole spacing on back of the TV of 50mm-1016mm and a vertical hole spacing of 25mm-660mm. The VMPL3 comes with M4, M5, M6, and M8 size bolts of differing lengths to mount the bracket to your TV. It will accommodate the following VESA hole patterns in accordance with industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association (mm):
- 100 x 100, 100 x 200
- 200 x 100, 200 x 200, 200 x 300, 200 x 400
- 300 x 100, 300 x 200, 300 x 300
- 400 x 100, 400 x 200, 400 x 300, 400 x 400, 400 x 500, 400 x 600
- 500 x 100 500 x 200, 500 x 300, 500 x 400, 500 x 500
- 600 x 100, 600 x 200, 600 x 300, 600 x 400, 600 x 600
- 700 x 200, 700 x 300, 700 x 400, 700 x 500
Dual Purpose: The Sanus VMPL3 is a dual-purpose tilting and low-profile wall-mount. Two sets of vertical TV brackets are included; one set of tilting brackets and one set of low-profile brackets (only one set will be used).
- Tilt Mechanism: By installing the set of tilting brackets to the back of your flat-panel TV, you can tilt the television up or down (6°/-12°) with the push of a finger, helping you reduce glare from lights or windows and find the perfect viewing angle.
- Low-Profile: The low-profile brackets position your flat-panel TV only 1.25" away from the wall for a clean, flush appearance. Your flat-panel TV will be positioned 2.5" from the wall when using the tilting brackets.
- Lateral Shift: Lateral shift allows your mounted flat-panel TV to move left and right on the wall plate so it's placed exactly where you want it. This can be done using either set of brackets.
Solid Steel Construction: The VMPL3's solid heavy-gauge steel construction offers a sleek, high-tech look while providing strength and durability.
- Stud finder
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Electric drill
- 1/2" Socket wrench
- 7/32" Drill bit (for wood stud installations)
- 1/2" Drill bit (for concrete or concrete block installations)
- Tape Measure
- Adjustable wrench
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Good reviews, wanted a sturdy mount. [ David Joseph May 22, 2017 ]
Features and quality [ John Dec 01, 2016 ]
This is beefy and holds modern flat screens without any issues. I only wish it came with a long tool to secure the t.v. to the wall. If you live in an earthquake-prone area, you may have to go through a little extra effort, but this mount is solid and adapts to offset studs and various t.v. sizes. [ JOSHUA B Nov 13, 2016 ]
Looked like the best mount for our new TV. [ kevin Sep 22, 2016 ]
This thing is awesome. I will never use any tv mount other than Sanus! [ VTengineer Aug 17, 2016 ]
Expandable to 42" therefore I can screw it into 3 studs [ Joseph R. Jul 20, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
The bracket is not very heavy. I think with the proper fasteners it would be fine. [ BRIAN Jun 26, 2014 ]
Bracket definitely needs to be placed in solid studs [ MATTHEW Jun 25, 2014 ]
Brenda, The mount is a heavy and the instructions indicate that special anchors need to be used for metal studs. (not included). In my research, I did find a variety of mounting anchors at the local home depot so mounting is do-able. I would recommend researching other options before making a decision. The mount IS a good one. The issue is the studs you have to work with and the anchors needed to safely mount this hanging apparatus. Todd [ TODD Jun 25, 2014 ]
This a good mounting bracket. Very sturdy and was recomened by our installer for our new Samsung Plasma F8500. Very happy with it. [ GARY Jun 25, 2014 ]
I'm sorry but I have wood studs, the bracket itself is heavy but it is holding up a 70 inch TV feels very secure. [ ANTHONY J Jun 25, 2014 ]
I don't think it's too heavy but am not sure what type of screws should be used to attach it to the metal studs. It is too heavy to just attach to drywall [ STEPHEN Jun 24, 2014 ]
Thanks Matt! [ Bee Mar 06, 2014 ]
Brent - Very much appreciate the feedback. Thank you. [ Bee Mar 06, 2014 ]
No. Everything you need Congress with it. You just need stud and screws. [ MATTHEW Mar 06, 2014 ]
No [ MATTHEW Mar 06, 2014 ]
I do not believe that you need an extension. I measured mine and it is out to 36 now. I have more room to extend it. [ BRENT C Mar 06, 2014 ]
My wall had standard 16" studs and I did not need anything extra. Sorry, but I do not know if the 36" studs require anything extra. Perhaps the manufacturer might be able to advise... Best of luck! [ STEPHEN Mar 06, 2014 ]