Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
27" TheaterWide® high-definition LCD TV with built-in DVD player
Item # 05227HLV95 | MFR # 27HLV95
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Toshiba 27HLV95 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
If putting a DVD player in a tube TV makes sense as a way to save space, adding DVD to this 27" high-definition LCD set is pure genius. Toshiba's LCDVD combo models reduce cable clutter and provide a complete DVD viewing system you can easily move from room to room. The wide, high-resolution screen is big and bright enough to really show off the quality of high-definition programs and DVD movies.
The slot-loading DVD player can also play regular music CDs, plus MP3 and photo CDs. The bottom-mounted stereo speakers help to minimize cabinet width while still pumping out potent sound. It's perfect for casual listening, and whenever you want to crank up the volume, just connect the TV's audio output to your stereo system.
An array of inputs makes it easy to expand your viewing options by plugging in a VCR or video game console. With both component video and HDMI jacks, this Toshiba won't be left behind as new video gear becomes available. There's even a PC input so you can use the 27HLV95 as a big computer monitor. Both TV and DVD controls are at the tips of your fingers thanks to the well-laid-out, fully illuminated remote control
Tip: To find out if HDTV signals are available in your area, visit this helpful site and punch in your zip code.
Shipping Note: Sorry, we can only ship Toshiba products to the 49 continental United States and Washington D.C.; we can't ship them to Hawaii or U.S. Territories. (Solamente es posible enviar productos de la Toshiba dentro los 49 estados unidos continentales y Washington D.C.)
- high-definition TV receives and decodes digital standard-definition and HDTV signals from over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required) and cable TV service (CableCARD required)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1280 x 720 pixels
- fast pixel response time (12 milliseconds)
- 900:1 contrast ratio
- 170°(H) x 170°(V) viewing angle
- PixelPure AT digital video processing (upconverts non-HD signals)
- TV Guide On Screen® 8-day program guide
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated multibrand remote control
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 4 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video (1 rear, 1 side)
- 1 S-video (side)
- 1 component video (accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)
- 1 HDMI digital audio/video input
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- 2 RF inputs for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 9-3/4"W x 10"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 27-1/8"W x 20-1/4"H x 4-7/8"D (22-3/8"H x 10-7/8"D on stand)
- weight: 32 lbs. (without stand)
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Contact your local cable TV provider for details regarding the availability and costs of CableCARD-related services
- Note: If placing TV in an enclosed cabinet, be sure there is enough space on the side for loading and unloading discs
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, and Video CD
- plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, MP3 and WMA CD-R & CD-RW
- plays digital photo CDs (JPEG)
- DVD video upconverted to 720p
- optical digital audio output for Dolby Digital/DTS®/PCM
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
What's in the Box:
- 27" Widescreen LCD television with built-in slot-loaded DVD player
- Wireless remote control (CT-90236)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 9.75' Dual IR blaster/G-Link cable
- 2 Self-adhesive foam strips
- Cable clamp
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card
- Manual correction sheet
- "Important Information about your Toshiba LCD TV/DVD"
Features and Specs
TV/DVD Combo: The Toshiba 27HLV95 is a 27" widescreen LCD TV with a built-in side-mounted DVD slot. In addition to DVD, you can add other sources using the composite, S-Video, component, and HDMI inputs. There is also a 15-pin RGB PC input for connecting your computer.
Native Resolution: The 27HLV95 has a display resolution of 1280 x 720. The HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals, and will display them as 1280 x 720. All other input signals will also be displayed as 1280 x 720.
PixelPure AT (Adaptive Technology) Digital Video Processing: Toshiba's next generation PixelPure AT video processing system includes new Adaptive Technology. This advanced adaptive video processing constantly monitors changes in signal quality, content, and movement to enhance sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction.
CableClear DNR+: Designed to optimize poor NTSC signals from antenna or cable, this noise reduction system eliminates video noise ("snow") for a clean crisp image. This system detects the quality of the incoming video signal, and automatically applies the needed amount of video optimization.
TV Guide On Screen: The TV Guide On Screen system is a free, interactive, on-screen program guide built into the TV that lists schedules and information for TV programs in your area. The TV Guide On Screen system includes the following features:
- Streamlined On-screen Assisted Setup: allows you to quickly and easily set up the TV Guide On Screen system using the on-screen prompts
- Program Listings and INFO Windows: allows you to scroll through eight days of TV listings and view program information
- Channel Lineup Customization: allows you to customize your channel lineup so your favorite stations are listed first
- Direct Tuning: allows you to directly tune the TV to a current program you want to watch by selecting it in the program guide
- Reminders: allows you to schedule show reminders that will either display an on-screen notification banner or automatically tune the TV to the channel of the show for which you set the reminder
- Recording: allows you to easily schedule recording for one or more programs. The supplied G-LINK cable can automatically start and stop connected recording devices.
- Search: allows you to search for shows by category, keyword, or alphabetically
- On-screen Help: system contains on-screen feature definitions and navigation instructions
Favorite Channels: This feature allows you to a total of 27 channels as favorite channels into 3 Favorite Channel sets. You can select nine channels from Antenna 1, nine channels from Antenna 2, and nine from the cable input. You can scan through the favorite channels only, skipping other channels you do not normally watch.
Channel Browser: The Channel Browser features allows you to browse and view channels by storing your recently viewed channels in channel history. You can surf back to channels you viewed prior to your current channel, and surf forward from previous channels up to your current channel. Channel Browser will keep a history of your last 32 channels tuned.
SurfLock: The SurfLock feature temporarily "memorizes" one channel in Channel Return, so you can return to that channel quickly from any other channel.
Picture Size: When viewing a 480i or 480p signal source, you can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- Natural: image is displayed close to its originally formatted proportion
- Full: This mode is mainly designed for 16:9 programs. If a 4:3 program is sensed, the picture is stretched wider to fill the screen, but not taller.
- Theater Wide 1: picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the center of the picture remains close to its true proportion, but the left and right edges are stretched wider to fill the screen
- Theater Wide 2: entire picture is uniformly enlarged
- Theater Wide 3: picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the picture is stretched wider to fill the width of the screen and stretched slightly taller
Picture Modes: You can select one of the following picture modes:
- Sports: bright and dynamic picture
- Standard: standard picture setting
- Movie: movie-like picture setting
- Preference: allows you to adjust and store the following settings: contrast, brightness, color, tint, and sharpness
Freeze: The Freeze feature allows you to "freeze" a moving picture into a still image. The image will remain in the freeze mode until you exit back to a moving picture, or up to 15 minutes when the TV automatically exits the freeze mode.
Stable Sound: When the signal source is changed, this feature limits the highest volume level to prevent extreme changes in volume.
SRS WOW: WOW is a special combination of SRS Labs audio technologies that creates a surround sound experience with deep, rich bass from stereo sound sources, making the TV audio sound fuller, richer, and wider. SRS WOW includes three selectable settings: SRS 3D (On/Off), Focus (On/Off), and TruBass (High/Low/Off).
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
On/Off Timer: You can set a timer which turns the TV on at a specific time on a recurring basis. During setup, you can also set the TV On duration to determine the time at which the TV will turn off.
Auto Power Off: When the Auto off feature is On, the TV will automatically turn itself off after approximately 15 minutes if it is tuned to a vacant channel or a station that completes its broadcast for the day.
GameTimer: With the GameTimer feature, you can automatically activate the Video Lock feature to set a limit for playing a video game. The GameTimer can be set to 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
G-LINK: The TV comes with a dual-wand IR transmitter/G-LINK cable for use with video devices with IR remote control. This cable connects to the G-LINK terminal on the back panel to enable TV Guide On Screen recording features. The 3.5mm minijack G-LINK input is located on the lower back panel.
Panel Lock: To prevent the settings from being accidentally changed, you can lock the top panel buttons. When activated, only the Power button on the top panel will operate.
Rear Covers: The TV features two removable rear covers to allow you to access the rear panel inputs and outputs. A clamp are provided on the rear of the TV for cable management.
Disc Compatibility: The built-in, slot-loaded DVD player is compatible with the following disc types:
- DVD: DVD-Video, DVD-R, and DVD-RW
- Video CD: VCD and SVCD
- Audio CD: Audio CD, HDCD, CD-R, CD-RW, ECD (enhanced)
- Data: MP3, JPEG
Note: The DVD player can accept only 12cm discs. It is not compatible with 8cm discs.
Playback Options: The DVD player features 6 fast forward and 6 fast reverse speeds (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, and 64x), plus 3 forward slow-motion speeds (1/2x, 1/4x, and 1/8x). When the unit is paused, you can play back the video forward frame-by-frame. (There is no reverse slow motion or reverse frame-by-frame playback on this unit.)
A-B Repeat Play: While playing a DVD, you can repeat material between two selected points (A-B repeat).
Removable Pedestal Stand: The 27HLV95 comes mounted on an adjustable pedestal stand. You can swivel the TV on the stand a total of 30° to the left or right. The unit will not tilt forward or backward on the stand.
VESA Mounting Bracket Standard: The TV also has 6 mounting holes on the back for an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 200mm (horizontal) x 100mm (vertical), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association.
HDMI Input: The HDMI input on the TV/DVD receives digital audio and uncompressed digital video from an HDMI device, or uncompressed digital video only from a DVI device (when a DVI-to-HDMI adapter is connected--separate audio cables are required). The unit is designed to accept HDCP program material in digital form from compatible set-top boxes, or a DVD player with HDMI or DVI output. The HDMI input can accept 480i, 480p, 720p or 1080i input signals.
ColorStream HD Component Video Input: The ColorStream HD component video input terminals can be used with 480i, 480p, 720p or 1080i input signals.
Digital Audio Output: An optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a Dolby Digital, DTS, or MPEG2 audio decoder, or a receiver with an optical digital input.
CableCARD Slot: The TV is equipped with a CableCARD slot which allows you to view encrypted digital programming with a CableCARD (provided by your local cable system.
PC Input: A 15-pin D-Sub is supplied for connecting the TV/DVD to a PC. A minijack is supplied for inputting the PC's audio signal. While in the PC mode, you can adjust the horizontal/vertical picture position, clock (to minimize vertical stripes on the screen), and phase (to remove horizontal noise and sharpen the picture).
RF Input: The unit features two RF inputs, one for cable signals and another for antenna signals.
Audio Outputs: A pair of RCA audio output jacks is supplied for connecting the TV to an external audio amplifier.
Headphone Jack: A 3.5mm (1/8") mini-jack stereo headphone output located on the right side of the TV/DVD. When headphones are plugged into the headphone jack, the TV's speakers are muted.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.