Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
55" 1080p LED-LCD HDTV with built-in Wi-Fi®
Item # 05255VX700 | MFR # 55VX700U
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Toshiba 55VX700U by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Tune in brilliant high-definition images with Toshiba's VX700U-series HDTVs. Everything you watch sports, movies, TV shows and video games looks beautifully sharp and clear on this big screen that's a great match for any living room. And you can use the set's built-in Wi-Fi to access the Internet without running wires across the floor.
Tons of Internet content at your fingertips
The 55VX700U has Net TV, which lets you stream titles from your Netflix® Instant Queue, or order any of the 3000+ high-def movies available from VUDU® Movies. You can rock out to Internet radio "stations" customized for everyone in your home, thanks to PANDORA® Internet radio. You also get Twitter®, Facebook®, Flickr®, and other handy web apps, all accessible from the comfort of your sofa.
More about the great-looking picture
No matter how much cool stuff there is to watch, it's no fun if it doesn't look amazing. This set's outstanding picture is partly the result of LED backlighting, which gives images superb picture contrast and lifelike color. Toshiba's 120Hz blur reduction keeps fast motion smoother and more seamless for a great experience with action movies, video games, and broadcast sports.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
Note: Sorry, we can only ship Toshiba products to the 49 continental United States and Washington D.C.; we can't ship them to Hawaii or U.S. Territories. (Solamente es posible enviar productos de la Toshiba dentro los 49 estados unidos continentales y Washington D.C.)
What's in the Box:
- 55" LED-LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Wireless remote control (CT-90353)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Four 5mm x 14mm machine screws (with lock and flat washers attached)
- Four 6mm x 20mm machine screws (with lock and flat washers attached)
- 8" Component video cable (with a male 3.5mm component video connector on one end and female RCA component video connectors on other end)
- 8" AV cable (with a male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female composite video/stereo RCA connectors on other end)
- Four 6mm x 20mm machine screws (with lock and flat washers attached)
- 4 Metal spacers
- Securement clip
- 2 Cable clamps
- Screen cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre)
- HDTV Quick Set-Up Guide
- Stand Assembly Instructions
- Customer Support note
- "How To Clean Your Cabinet" note
- Corrections sheet
- Product registration card
- Netflix brochure
- Vudu brochure
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- ClearFrame 120Hz blur reduction for clear video motion
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast and lower energy use
- 5,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to your wireless home network
- Internet-ready plays Netflix® video and more (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix service)
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC (USB Wi-Fi® adapter is included)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2, plus 10 watts for woofer)
- multibrand remote control
- simplified control of compatible Toshiba components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 7 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 component video input
- 4 HDMI v1.4
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- USB port for photo/music playback
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 19-3/4"W x 11-3/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 50-9/16"W x 30-3/8"H x 1-1/8"D (33-9/16"H x 14-1/16"D with stand)
- weight: 72.1 lbs. with stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
Cinespeed LCD Panel: The Cinespeed LCD panel has 6ms or less response speed necessary for cleaner high-action home theater images. A wide viewing angle of 178° ensures that you'll have the best seat in the house.
Edge LED Backlight: The Toshiba VX700U TV utilizes LED edge-backlighting for a clear, crisper image with better contrast and color. You will experience a superior picture and higher contrast ratio with Edge LED backlight technology, producing brighter whites and deeper blacks than traditional CCFL backlight LCD televisions. Edge LED Backlight technology, also allows televisions to be slimmer, brighter, and more energy efficient.
CrystalCoat High-Contrast Screen: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV benefits from Toshiba's CrystalCoat high-contrast screen coating to keep contrast high in bright rooms. CrystalCoat prevents ambient room light reflections from washing out the television picture, creating up to 30% better contrast in bright rooms. Now you can watch TV in any lighting situation ranging from daylight viewing where bright sunlight can be an issue to watching TV at night in a dark room. CrystalCoat technology allows you to enjoy a deep high contrast picture in all lighting conditions. This television offers a dynamic contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1.
PixelPure 5G 14-Bit Digital Video Processing: At the heart of the Toshiba LED-LCD television is a PixelPure 5G digital video processor. Toshiba's 5th generation PixelPure video processing system uses a 14-bit video DAC and constantly monitors changes in signal quality, content, and movement to enhance sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction. This advanced 5th-generation digital video processing system runs at a fast 333Mhz and is capable of producing 16,384 levels of gradation (16 times greater than a standard 8-bit processor) for a smooth, natural-looking picture without image banding.
ClearFrame 120Hz: This advanced system virtually eliminates motion blur without decreasing image brightness, or adding flicker. Images are now crisp and clear regardless of image motion. ClearFrame 120Hz doubles the video frames from 60 per second to 120 per second to reduce any motion blur that could be caused by fast action video. ClearFrame utilizes superior Motion Vector Frame Interpolation (MVFI) technology. Utilizing the power of the PixelPure processor, MVFI creates new frames, inserting them between the original frames.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Resolution+: Some video content is in high-definition (HD), but some is still in standard-definition (SD). REGZA virtually levels the content playing field with Resolution+. Resolution+ is super resolution technology that upconverts and enhances 480i, 480p, and even 720p content to create a sharper, more detailed picture. With REGZA and Resolution+ all of your standard DVDs, SD TV channels, camcorder videos, and even SD video games will feel like HD. The Toshiba LED-LCD TV displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080).
Video Inputs: The Toshiba VX700U TV provides High Definition (HDMI/component) and Standard Definition (composite) video inputs.
- 4 HDMI (ver.1.4) Inputs: The television features 3 rear-panel HDMI inputs and 1 side-panel HDMI input. The HDMI inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i, video signals. Each input consists of a single type-A connector HDMI jack. The HDMI jacks can accommodate a copy-protected digital connection (HDCP) from other devices (such as digital set-top boxes) that have compatible interfaces. The HDMI jacks are compliant with the E-EDID (Enhanced-Extended Display Identification) standards. If you want to connect a DVI-compatible device, you will need an HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable. Since DVI does not carry audio signals, a stereo audio 3.5mm input is provided for the HDMI 4 input (shared with PC input). In addition to the HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable, you will also need a stereo audio 3.5mm cable.
- Component Video Input: The rear-panel ColorStream HD Component video input will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. This component video input consists of a female 3.5mm minijack and included s minijack-to-RCA component video adapter. The television's side-panel PC audio input can be configured as the component video input's audio input.
- 2 Composite Video Inputs: The television also features a side-panel & rear-panel composite video input (480i only) with audio. The rear-panel composite video input consists of a female 3.5mm AV jack and includes a minijack-to-RCA composite video adapter.
ARC (Audio Return Channel) Function: This feature enables the audio signal of the TV's tuner to be sent to your connected AV amplifier via the TV's HDMI 1 input and connected HDMI (v1.4) cable. In this case, it will not be necessary to connect a cable form the audio output of the TV to the audio input of the AV amplifier to reproduce the audio received from the tuner of the TV through the AV amplifier.
Picture Size: When viewing a source, you can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- Native: If receiving a 480i (HDMI), 480p (HDMI), 720p, 1080i, or 1080p signal program, the video is scaled to display the entire picture within the border of the screen. None of the picture will be lost. As a result, it eliminates unnecessary scaling of Full HD signals that can reduce overall image resolution and therefore picture quality.
- Normal: Image is displayed close to its originally formatted proportion, with black bars along the sides or top and bottom if the signal has an aspect ratio different than the TV.
- Full: Mainly designed for receiving a squeezed 4:3 signal (a 16:9 [480i, 480p] programs squeezed into a 4:3 transmission), the picture is stretched wider to fill the screen, but not taller, none of the picture is hidden.
- TheaterWide 1: The picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the center of the picture remains close to its true. proportion, but the left and right edges are stretched wider to fill the screen, used primarily with a 4:3 source.
- TheaterWide 2: Entire picture is uniformly enlarged, used primarily with a widescreen source.
- TheaterWide 3: Picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the picture is stretched wider to fill the width of the screen and stretched slightly taller.
- 4:3: Provides a 4:3 aspect ratio of a 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal; sidebars fill the empty vertical spaces while not distorting the picture from its original size.
- 4:3 Stretch: Converts 4:3 programs to fill the screen.
- Dot-by-Dot: Non-scaling display for VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA and SXGA sources only.
Note: If the edges of the picture are cut off in Theater Wide 2 or 3 mode, you can adjust the image position on the screen.
Auto Aspect Ratio: The Auto Aspect Ratio feature will automatically select the picture size when one of the following inputs sources is received - a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i signal from the ANT/Cable input; a 480i signal from the Component Video input, and a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or VGA (60 Hz) signal from any of the HDMI inputs. When the auto aspect feature is turned on and the TV receives a 480i signal, the picture size is automatically selected; a 4:3 signal is set to Normal, a 16:9 signal is set to Full, a 4:3 letterbox signal is set to TheaterWide 2. If the signal's aspect is not defined, the Picture Size defaults to the last manually chosen setting.
Picture Modes: You can select one of the following picture modes for each input:
- AutoView: AutoView uses an external light sensor to automatically adjust various picture quality settings based on the amount of ambient room lighting and the type of video content you are watching for an improved viewing experience.
- Sports: Bright and dynamic picture.
- Standard: Standard picture setting.
- Movie 1/2: Lower contrast for a darkened rooms.
- Game: Designed for playing a video game requiring split-second timing between the on-screen display and input from the controller.
- PC: Designed for viewing tables/documents from a PC.
Picture Quality Adjustments: The picture quality you adjust under a certain picture mode is saved to that particular picture mode. You can adjust the backlight, contrast, brightness, color, tint, and sharpness.
Advanced Picture Adjustments: The television offers the following advanced picture adjustments.
- DynaLight: The DynaLight feature automatically strengthens the black coloring dark areas in the video according to the level of darkness.
- Dynamic Contrast: Dynamic Contrast detects changes in the picture quality that affect the appearance of your contrast settings and then automatically adjust the video. The adjustment range is from 0 to 10.
- Auto Brightness Sensor: When the Auto Brightness Sensor feature is set to On, the TV will automatically optimize the backlighting levels to suit ambient light conditions.
- Backlight Adjustment Pro: This feature adjusts the backlight so that it can change to match the ambient light conditions.
- Room Lighting: this feature adjusts the picture color according to the room lighting.
- Color Temperature: You can change the quality of the picture by selecting from three preset color temperatures - Cool (bluish), Medium (neutral), or Warm (reddish). You can also adjust the levels of greens and blues in each preset temperature.
- ColorMaster: The ColorMaster feature adjusts hue, saturation, and color brightness of six different colors (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan) to create picture quality your way. This provides deep, natural colors for increased depth and realism.
- MPEG Noise Reduction: The MPEG noise reduction feature allows you to reduce visible interference caused by MPEG compression. You can choose High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- DNR: DNR enables you to "soften" the screen representation of a weak signal to reduce the noise effect.
- Static Gamma: The Static Gamma feature allows you to adjust the levels of black in the picture. The adjustment range is with +/-15 from center.
- Film Stabilization: This feature helps to eliminate the video shaking.
Expert Picture Setting: This feature is available when the TV's picture mode is set to Standard, Movie 1, or Movie 2. You can make the following expert picture adjustments.
- Test Pattern: When the test pattern is on screen, you can navigate the Picture submenus without removing the image. When you move to a no-Picture menu, or close the menus, regular video will be restored. Not available in 3D mode.
- RGB Filter: This feature individually enables or disable the red, green, and blue components of the picture to allow for more accurate adjustment of each color. It is not possible to turn off all three colors simultaneously.
- White Balance: This feature displays a Window Pattern to adjust the white balance with a measure device.
Control Visualization: This feature displays a histogram and control curve illustrating the brightness of the TV.
Invisible Speakers: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV features bottom-mounted speakers which makes them virtually invisible.
Audyssey EQ: Audyssey EQ is used in the TV tuning process to calculate an equalization solution that corrects time and frequency response problems. This results in clear, rich sound with more intelligible dialogue.
Smart Sound Equalizer: You can adjust the sound of the TV to best suit the television's placement. You can select Wall or Stand.
Surround Sound: Bass, Treble, Surround, Voice enhancement, and dynamic Bass Boost help to create a better surround sound experience with deep, rich bass from stereo sound sources. The TV's audio will sound fuller, richer, and wider.
- Surround: Select from Spatial (reproduces an expansive and deep sound) or Cinema (delivers realistic sound similar to a movie theater)
- Voice Enhancement: Emphasizes vocal effects.
- Dynamic Bass Boost: Bass expansion levels can be set to Low or High.
Dolby Volume: This feature provides a consistent sound volume regardless of programs, channels, or input sources. Unlike other DRC systems, Dolby Volume retains the perceived audio dynamics for consistent sound quality. Through the application of independent loudness adjustments to different frequency bands and channels only when needed, Dolby Volume balances 40 individual frequency bands to maintain all the nuance and impact of the program material.
Dolby Digital Dynamic Range Control: You can further compress Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus dynamic range so you can switch from digital to analog broadcasts at the same dynamic range.
Two-level Mute: The TV mutes the volume half-way when the Mute button is pressed once on the remote; when pressed a second time the TV will mute the volume completely and when pressed a third time the volume will resume as normal.
Digital Audio Output: An optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a surround processor. The TV's digital audio output terminal outputs a Dolby Digital or 2-channel down-mixed PCM signal for use with an external Dolby Digital decoder or other external audio system with an optical audio input. The TV's optical digital terminal will output audio from the television's antenna, HDMI, and RCA inputs.
Note: This TV does not offer an analog audio output.
Media Player: The TV allows you to enjoy movie, photo, and music files stored on a USB device or SD/SDHC memory card formatted in FAT 12/16/32. The television is equipped with two side-panel USB type-A ports and one side-panel SD/SDHC card slot. The dual USB ports support USB Mass Storage Class devices (MSC), while the SD/SDHC card slot supports SD memory cards up to 2GB and SDHC memory cards up to 32GB.
- Movie Playback: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV supports playback of movie files stored on USB MSC devices and SD/SDHC memory cards. The TV supports MPEG2, MPEG4, and AVCHD video formats. The television can recognize up to 1,000 movie files per folder. You can control basic playback functions, such as Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Reverse, Previous, & Skip.
- Photo Playback: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV supports the playback of
JPEG still images (ver2.2) stored on a USB MSC devices or SD/SDHC
memory card. JPEG images can have a maximum photo resolution of 4096 x 4096
pixels (best photo resolution: 1920 x 1080) and a maximum photo size of 9MB.
The TV can recognize up to 2,000 photo files per folder. There are three
types of photo view modes - Multi-View, Single View, and Slide Show.
- Multi-View: This view allows you to search for photos in a grid format. These picture are displayed using thumbnail data in each image file.
- Single View: In this view mode, only files located in the selected directory shall be displayed. This view allows you to change the photo content manually. You can rotate an image 90-degrees clockwise or counterclockwise.
- Slide Show: This view allows you to watch a slideshow of your photos (with or without background music). In this mode, only the files located in the selected directory will be played.
- Music Playback: The TV allows you to listen to music from a list of available files on your connected USB MSC device or SD/SDHC memory card. The LED-LCD TV supports playback of MP3, AAC, and LPCM music files with a bit-rate of 32-320 kbps in one of the following sampling frequencies (32, 44.1, or 48 kHz). The TV can recognize up to 1,000 music files per folder. The television provides basic playback functions of your music, as well as file & folder browsing.
DLNA Certified Network Connection: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV lets you play movie, photo, and music files on your PC by connecting the television to your home network via a wired (LAN) or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection. The Toshiba VX700U LED-LCD TV features a side-panel Ethernet (LAN) port and includes built-in Wi-Fi for connecting the television to your home network. You can use this home network connection to access MPEG2 movie, JPEG still-image, and MP3/LPCM music files stored on your DLNA certified server, such as a Windows PC and play them on the TV. The television supports the following specific file formats via a DLNA network connection.
- MPEG2 Movies: You can access up to 1,000 MPEG2 movie files per a single folder from a DLNA certified server or Windows 7 PC.
- JPEG Photos: You can access up to 2,000 JPEG still-image files per a single folder (with a resolution of 4096 x 4096) from a DLNA certified server or Windows 7 PC.
- MP3/LPCM Music: You can access up to 1,000 MP3 (32-320kbps) or LPCM music files per a single folder from a DLNA certified server or Windows 7 PC.
Note: The included wireless LAN/USB adapter is based on the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n specifications and operates on a 5.0 or 2.4GHz frequency range. Its supports WEP64/128, TKIP, AES, WPA/WPA2-PSK, and WPS security formats.
Photo Frame: This feature allows you to store and display a photo file (JPEG) on the TV. The photo file can be a JPEG still image from a USB MSC device, SD/SDHC memory card, or DLNA server.
Net TV: The TV's Ethernet port or built-in Wi-Fi lets you connect to Toshiba's proprietary Net TV online service through your home network connection. Net TV includes a wide variety of online applications and services. Net TV offers the following internet-based content.
- VUDU: VUDU is an on-demand service that offers high-definition movies on the web. VUDU Movies provides true 1080p HD, 5.1 surround sound and over 3,000 HD movies on demand.
- Netflix: Netflix is an on-line streaming service which enables you to enjoy various movies & TV series. You can instantly watch from a selection of over 12,000 (and growing) movies and TV episodes from Netflix (Netflix membership required).
- YouTube: YouTube is a video-sharing service. This TV allows you to access and view YouTube contents from the web.
- Pandora Internet Radio: Audio applications such as Pandora provide personalized radio stations of the music you like.
- Social Networking Sites: Social Networking applications including Facebook and Twitter allow you to keep in touch, while watching TV.
- Photo Applications: Photo applications such as Flickr and Picasa Web Albums let you share your pictures with friends and family wherever they live.
- News Services: News services such as the New York Times, AP, National Weather, and more, provide up to the minute information about the world around you.
Note: VUDU and Pandora are not available in Canada and only available in the United States. The only Net TV service available in Canada currently is YouTube.
Yahoo! TV Widgets: Yahoo! TV Widgets provide an integrated Internet and TV experience powered by the Yahoo! Connected TV platform. The Toshiba LED-LCD television offers the following Yahoo! TV Widgets.
- News: The Yahoo! News Widget provides the latest headline news for business, entertainment, politics, sports, top stories, and many other categories.
- Weather: The Yahoo! Weather Widget provides updates on your local and favorite weather locations.
- Finance: The Yahoo! Finance Widget lets you track your stocks and stay current with financial news.
- Flicker: The Flicker Widget enables you to share photos with friends & family.
RGB/PC Input: This connection allows you to view the image from a personal computer on the TV screen. When connecting the PC to the TV, you will need a 15-pin D-sub RGB computer cable and a PC audio cable. The PC input shares the stereo audio 3.5mm input with the television's HDMI 4 input. Supported signal formats include VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, and SXGA.
Note: You can also connect the TV to your PC via the HDMI 2 input. Supported signal format include VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, SXGA, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, an 1080p.
Software Upgrades: Toshiba may offer upgrades for the TV's software in the future. The TV's software is upgraded via the network connection.
Ultra-Thin Design: The Toshiba VX700U series LED-LCD TV features an ultra-thin design thanks to its LED edge-lit backlighting technology.
Channel Browser: The TV's Channel Browser provides an easy navigation interface for all your channels and inputs. This feature allows you to navigate the contents of all your inputs, keeps a list of your favorite channels, and keep a history of the last 32 channels or inputs viewed.
Favorite Browser: The Favorite Browser allows you to quickly set up a favorite channels/inputs list that is integrated into the Channel Browser.
Channel Return: The Channel Return feature allows you to switch between two channels without entering an actual channel number each time
SurfLock: The SurfLock feature temporarily memorizes one channel under the Channel Return button, so you can return to that channel quickly from any other channel.
Input Label: You can label each video input source with a 10 character name.
Closed Captions: The TV offers analog and digital closed captions.
- Analog CC: The analog closed caption mode has two
- Captions: An on-screen display of the dialog, narration, and sound effects of TV programs and video that are closed captioned.
- Text: An on-screen display of information not related to the current program, such as weather or stock data when provide by individual stations.
- Digital CC: You can customize the closed caption display characteristics by changing the background color, opacity, text size, type, edge and color.
Lock System: The TV's Lock Menu includes ratings blocking, channel blocking, input locking, and a side panel control lock which are all protected by the same user customized 4 digit password.
- V-Chip: Some TV programs and movies include signals that classify the content of the program (violence, dialogue, language, etc). The V-Chip feature in this television detect the signals and blocks the programs according to the ratings you select. Your rating setting is protected by a custom-user 4-digit password.
- Channel Block: With the Channels Block feature, you can block specific channels.
- Input Lock: You can sue the Input Lock feature to lock the video inputs and channels 3 and 4. You will not be able to view the input sources or channels until you unlock the inputs.
- Network Lock: You can use the Network Lock feature to prevent the We browser from launching.
- Control Panel Lock: You can lock the control panel to prevent your settings from being changed accidentally.
Timers: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV offers 2 convenient timer functions.
- On Timer: You can set the On Timer to automatically turn the TV to a preset channel or input at a preset time and preset volume level.
- GameTimer: You can use the GameTimer function to set a time limit for playing a video game from to 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes. When the GameTimer expires, the TV enters Input Lock mode and locks out the input source for the video game device.
- 3D Timer: this feature helps to remind you not to watch 3D video for extended periods of time. Once a set period of time (30, 60, 90, or 120 min) has passed, an on-screen dialogue box will appear asking you if you wish to continue viewing or not.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be adjusted up to 12 hours.
ENERGY STAR Certified: The Toshiba VX700U exceeds ENERGY STAR requirements by incorporating advanced power saving features.
- Auto Power Down: The TV will automatically turn itself off (standby) after 4 hours, if you do no operate the TV either from the remote control or the TV control panel.
- No Signal Power Down: The TV will automatically turn itself off after 15 minutes when no signal is detected.
- Blue Screen: When the Blue Screen is set to On, the screen will turn blue and the sound will be muted on analog channels and external input modes when no signal is received.
Last Mode Memory: If the power is cut off while you are viewing the TV, the Last Mode Memory feature automatically turns on the TV when the power is resupplied.
Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on many other brand components; including cable boxes, satellite receivers, DVD players, DVD-recorders, DVD/VCR combos, VCRs, PVRs, CD players, and audio receivers. The remote's buttons are backlit (for 5 seconds) with a press of a single button.
REGZA-LINK: REGZA-LINK allows control of external Toshiba devices from the TV's remote control via HDMI connection. REGZA-LINK features TV Auto Input Switch, TV Auto Power, and playback control for DVD players, as well as Volume/Mute controls for your A/V receiver.
IR Out: The 3.5mm IR output can be used to control infrared remote-controlled devices through the TV, using an optional IR dual-wand blaster cable (sold separately). You can use the TV's IR Out terminal to remotely operate two infrared remote-controlled devices enclosed within an entertainment center or cabinet.
Note: The TV IR pass-through feature does not support all IR-controlled devices.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand allows the television to swivel slightly to the left & right. The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately).
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 8mm machine screws (not supplied).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.