Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
62" Cinema Series® high-definition rear-projection DLP TV
Item # 05262HMX95 | MFR # 62MX95
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Toshiba 62HMX95 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
From the front, this Cinema Series DLP big-screen TV has the wide, sleek looks and crystal-clear picture of a plasma (but a 60" plasma would cost at least three times as much). With the 62HMX95 at the heart of your home theater, you'll enjoy outstanding picture quality, convenience, connections, and styling. The combination of a refined DLP (Digital Light Processing) "light engine" and an advanced, high-wattage lamp produces a vivid viewing experience whether you're watching a ballgame during a sunlit afternoon or savoring a movie with the lights dimmed at night.
This "Digital Cable Ready" TV has built-in tuners for over-the-air and cable digital TV. To make full use of the set's cable tuner, you should request a CableCARD from your local service provider. The card goes in the CableCARD slot in the TV's back panel and replaces your set-top cable box. Using a CableCARD will simplify your hookup and operation and usually provides a slightly clearer picture. Navigating among your broadcast and cable channels is easy thanks to the included TV Guide On Screen program guide. The color-coded grid makes it a snap to sort through programs for viewing and schedule recordings to your VCR, DVR, or DVD recorder.
Cinema Series big-screens feature an exceptionally flexible and future-ready set of audio/video connections. In addition to two component video inputs, you'll find not one but two HDMI digital inputs (HDMI is quickly becoming the connection of choice for high-end A/V). If you're interested in recording high-definition material, the IEEE 1394 "DTVLink" port allows easy pushbutton HD recording with Toshiba's Symbio digital video recorder. Finally, you can even hook up your laptop PC and use the TV's picture-in-picture feature to keep one eye on a spreadsheet and the other on a ballgame.
Tip: To find out if HDTV signals are available in your area, visit this helpful site and punch in your zip code.
Large Item Special Shipping: This item will be delivered and placed in any accessible room in your home. Available to physical addresses in 50 United States only. Limited delivery available to Alaska and Hawaii for $99 per item call 1-888-955-6000 for more details. Sorry, we can't ship to P.O. Boxes or freight forwarders. Delivery takes 5-7 business days once your order has been processed. Extra charges may apply to items that must be carried up more than 5 flights of stairs. Allow extra time for delivery to remote addresses. Free return shipping not available with this model.
Note: Sorry, we can only ship Toshiba products to the 49 continental United States and Washington D.C.; we cannot ship them to Hawaii or U.S. Territories.
- high-definition TV receives and decodes digital standard-definition and HDTV signals from over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required) and cable TV service (CableCARD required)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Texas Instruments DLP chip (1280 x 720 pixels)
- TALEN 720p Light Engine with DEEP Picture (Digitally Enhanced Engine Performance) for enhanced sharpness and color saturation
- PixelPure AT digital video processing (converts all video signals to 720p)
- Radiance 150 Hi-Bright lamp with high/low brightness settings
- TV Guide On Screen® 8-day program guide
- 1-tuner Picture-in-Picture (split-screen)
- built-in stereo speakers (15 watts x 2)
- illuminated multibrand remote control
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 9 A/V inputs, including:
- 3 composite video (2 rear, 1 side)
- 3 S-video (2 rear, 1 side)
- 2 component video (accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)
- 2 HDMI digital audio/video inputs
- 2 IEEE 1394 "DTVLink" ports for HD record/play with digital video recorders like Toshiba's Symbio
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- THINC (Toshiba Home Interactive Network Connection) Ethernet port for accessing music files and digital photos stored on a compatible PC
- 2 RF inputs for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- memory card slot for viewing digital photos and playing MP3 files
- 67"W x 41"H x 18-1/8"D (pedestal is 51-1/4"W x 15-1/8"D)
- weight: 103 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Contact your local cable provider for details regarding the availability and costs of CableCARD-related services
What's in the Box:
- 62" Rear-projection DLP TV
- CT-90233 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 2 Dual-wand IR blasters with attached 9.75' cables (both IR blasters share a single minijack mono connector)
- 4 Self-adhesive foam strips (for mounting the IR blasters)
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card (stapled to Owner's Manual)
- Sheet with manual corrections
Features and Specs
|Resolution (pixels)||1280 x 720|
|Picture In Picture||Yes|
|Audio Output Power||15 watts x 2|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home|
|Power On (Manufacturer)||Not Given|
|Standby (Manufacturer)||Not Given|
|Footprint Width (inches)||51-1/4|
|Footprint Depth (inches)||15-1/8|
|Analog Inputs & Outputs|
|Total Video Inputs||9|
|Digital Inputs & Outputs|
|System Link||TheaterNet (IR)|
HDTV (ATSC) Tuner: The TV has a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) tuner, so you don't have to purchase a separate digital set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV signals.
CableCARD Slot: This TV has a back panel CableCARD slot that allows digital cable reception without a set-top box. CableCARDs will be available from your local cable provider.
TALEN 720p Light Engine with DEEP Picture (Digitally Enhanced Engine Performance): Toshiba's TALEN 720p engine features DEEP Picture technology. The DEEP system employs two picture quality algorithms that dramatically improve engine performance. By enhancing both sharpness and color saturation, the DEEP system helps create sharper, deeper, more realistic images.
PixelPure AT (Adaptive Technology) Digital Video Processing: Toshiba's next generation PixelPure video processing system includes new Adaptive Technology. This advanced adaptive video processing constantly monitors changes in signal quality, content, and movement to enhance sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction.
Native Resolution: The 62HMX95 has a display resolution of 1280 x 720. The HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals, and will display them as 1280 x 720. All other input signals will also be displayed as 1280 x 720.
TheaterFine DFP: This TV features TheaterFine DFP Screen technology with a Digital Fine Pitch and Anti-Glare Coating that results in incredible detail and noticeably deeper blacks.
4MB, 10-bit 3D Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction: This advanced filter analyzes sequential fields of information to eliminate dot crawl and color bleed. Additionally, the filter significantly reduces detail noise, seen as shimmering or flicker, in complex or intricately detailed scenes. Most video noise normally seen in RF and composite video signals is eliminated.
CableClear DNR+: Designed to optimize poor NTSC signals from antenna or cable, this noise reduction system eliminates video noise ("snow") for a clean crisp image. This system detects the quality of the incoming video signal, and automatically applies the needed amount of video optimization.
TheaterNet: TheaterNet allows you to control many brands of IEEE 1394 and/or infrared-controlled A/V devices through your TV using on-screen control icons and the TV's remote control. You can use the TV's remote control (programmed to operate the device), or the device's remote control. The signal passes from the remote control, through the TV to the device via the supplied TheaterNet IR cables. The TheaterNet's infrared eye can be attached to the device using the supplied double-sided tape.
THINC System (Toshiba Home Interactive Network Connection): An RJ-45 port allows you to connect a desktop or laptop computer to this TV. This Home Entertainment Networking System lets you access all of the MP3 audio files or JPEG pictures stored on your PC, using only the TV remote. You can also schedule recordings and reminders by sending an email to the TV from any PC. To use the email feature, you must have the following: home Internet service, a dedicated POP3 email address for the TV (different from your personal email address), and a compatible recording device (D-VHS deck or the Toshiba Symbio Audio/Video Hard Driver Recorder).
Note: The THINC home network function is only compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000 and the Home and Professional versions of Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Picture-Out-Picture (POP): The picture-out-picture feature splits the screen into a double window that allows you to watch two programs at the same time. You can switch the audio from the main to the POP picture as desired. The double window features each picture according to its input signal aspect ratio, allowing you to view two 4:3, two 16:9 or one 4:3 and one 16:9 picture simultaneously.
Note: Since the TV does not have 2-tuner picture-in-picture, you cannot view two antenna sources simultaneously. You can view an antenna source in one window and a video source in the other window.
Channel Browser: The Channel Browser stores the most recently viewed channels (up to 32) in the channel history. This feature allows you to:
- Keep a separate, temporary history of the last 32 channels tuned from each of three inputs: Ant 1, Ant 2, and Cable Box.
- Quickly surf and tune your recently viewed channels from the Channel Browser banner.
- Surf via Browse mode (to immediately tune channels as you highlight them in the Channel Browser banner) or Select mode (to surf over channels in the browser banner before you select one).
- Set a "Home" channel for the Ant 1, Ant 2, and Cable Box inputs.
Favorite Channels: This feature allows you to store 27 of your favorite channels.
Favorite Channel Search Function: This function lets you quickly scan your favorite channels. The TV automatically enters multi-window mode, and begins a nine picture scan of your favorite channels. In each small window, there is a still picture of the program on that channel.
SurfLock: The SurfLock feature temporarily memorizes one channel under the Channel Return button, so you can return to that channel quickly from any other channel.
Picture Size: When viewing a source, you can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- Natural: image is displayed close to its originally formatted proportion
- Theater Wide 1: picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the center of the picture remains close to its true proportion, but the left and right edges are stretched wider to fill the screen
- Theater Wide 2: entire picture is uniformly enlarged
- Theater Wide 3: picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the picture is stretched wider to fill the width of the screen and stretched slightly taller
- Full: This mode is mainly
designed for 16:9 programs. When a 16:9 program is received, the picture is
stretched taller to fill the screen without distorting the main portion of
the image. If a 4:3 program is sensed, the picture is stretched wider to
fill the screen, but not taller. In each case, none of the picture is
- Note: Full cannot be used with 1080i and 720p signals.
Picture Modes: You can select one of the following picture modes:
- Sports: bright and dynamic picture
- Standard: standard picture setting
- Movie: movie-like picture setting
- Preference: allows you to adjust and store the following settings: contrast, brightness, color, tint, and sharpness, and color temperature
Color Management: The Color Management feature allows you to adjust the hue and saturation of the following colors: red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, and cyan.
Dolby Virtual Sound: The Dolby Virtual Sound feature allows you to enjoy virtual surround sound from the TV's speakers. If you connect a source that is encoded with Dolby Surround or Dolby Digital, the Dolby Virtual feature simulates Dolby Surround Sound from the TV's speakers. Dolby Virtual can be turned on/off in the menu as desired.
Stable Sound: When the signal source is changed, this feature limits the highest volume level to prevent extreme changes in volume.
SRS WOW: WOW is a special combination of SRS Labs audio technologies that creates a surround sound experience with deep, rich bass from stereo sound sources, making the TV audio sound fuller, richer, and wider. WOW consists of three features:
- SRS 3D: turns on/off the surround sound effect
- FOCUS: turns on/off the vocal emphasis effect
- TruBass: selects the desired bass expansion level (High, Low, or Off)
Sub-bass System: The sub-bass system allows you to enhance bass performance, even when the volume is low.
On Timer: The on timer switches the television on for a specified amount of time. The on timer can be set to 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, or 12 hours.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be adjusted from 10 minutes to 3 hours in 10-minute increments.
Quick Restart: With the Quick Restart feature set to On, the TV stays in standby mode for several minutes after the TV is turned off. If the TV is turned on from standby mode, the full picture appears immediately.
Lamp Mode: You can select either the Hi Bright or Low Power mode. The Hi Bright mode is useful for situations where additional picture brightness is desired (such as in a room with bright lighting). The Low Power mode reduces wear on the projection lamp and using it should result in longer lamp life.
Memory Card Slots: The side panel of the TV has two separate memory card slots. One slot can only play CompactFlash Cards, while the other slot allows you to use the following media: xD-Picture cards, SD memory cards, MultiMediaCards, and Memory Sticks (Pro). Compatible memory cards must have the following specifications:
- Maximum Memory Card Capacity: 512 MB
- Maximum Number of Files Per Memory Card: JPEG=1000, MP3=200
JPEG Picture Viewer: The Picture Viewer lets you display JPEG images recorded on media inserted into the memory card slots. When the media is inserted into the slot, the images automatically display on the screen, with one as a large picture and six in thumbnail format. The following functions are available during playback: slideshow and image rotation, which allows you to rotate the current image 90-degrees clockwise or counterclockwise. During slideshow playback, you can choose one of the following interval settings: 2, 5, 10, 15, or 20 seconds.
MP3 Audio Player: The Audio Player lets you play MP3 files recorded on media inserted into the memory card slots.
TV Guide On Screen System: The TV Guide On Screen system is a free, interactive, on-screen program guide built into the TV that lists schedules and information for TV programs in your area. The TV Guide On Screen system includes the following features:
- Streamlines On-screen Assisted Setup: allows you to quickly and easily set up the TV Guide On Screen system using the on-screen prompts
- Program Listings and INFO Windows: allows you to scroll through eight days of TV listings and view program information
- Channel Lineup Customization: allows you to customize your channel lineup so your favorite stations are listed first
- Direct Tuning: allows you to directly tune the TV to a current program you want to watch by selecting it in the program guide
- Reminders: allows you to schedule show reminders that will either display an on-screen notification banner or automatically tune the TV to the channel of the show for which you set the reminder
- Recording: allows you to easily schedule recording for one or more programs
- Search: allows you to search for shows by category, keyword, or alphabetically
- On-screen Help: system contains on-screen feature definitions and navigation instructions
Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on other brands of components, including VCRs, personal video recorders, cable boxes, CD players, receivers, laserdisc players, DVD players, and satellite receivers. A "Light" button allows you to illuminate all the buttons for five seconds, making for easy operation in the dark.
i.LINK: The TV has two rear-panel i.LINK inputs that allow the display to be used with compatible i.LINK-equipped A/V components, such as D-VHS decks and the Toshiba Symbio Audio/Video Hard Driver Recorder.
HDMI Inputs: Each input consists of a single HDMI jack. The HDMI jack can accommodate a copy-protected digital connection (HDCP) to other devices (such as digital set-top boxes) that have compatible interfaces. The HDMI jack is compliant with the EIA/CEA-861/861B standard and is not intended for use with personal computers. If you want to connect a DVI-compatible device, you will need an HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable. Since DVI does not carry audio signals, a stereo audio input is provided for each HDMI input. In addition to the HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable, you will also need stereo audio cables.
Note: The HDMI jack will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
RGB/PC Input: This connection allows you to view the image of a personal computer on the TV screen. When connecting the PC to the TV, you will need a 15-pin RGB computer cable and a PC audio cable. The PC's monitor output resolution should be set to VGA (640 x 480, 60Hz), SVGA (800 x 600, 60Hz), or XGA (1024 x 768, 60Hz).
RJ-45: This port allows you to connect a compatible desktop or laptop computer.
ColorStream HD High-resolution Component Video Inputs: The component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.