Nikon D850 Filmmaker's Kit
45.7-megapixel full-frame sensor DSLR camera with filmmaking accessories
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 05413538 | MFR # 13538
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Nikon D850 Filmmaker's Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Everything you need to create spectacular movies (and stills)
Nikon's D850 Filmmaker's kit is the most drool-inducing DSLR kit I've ever seen. It lets you express your cinematic vision with pro-level picture and sound quality. The D850 has been touted by reviewers as the best Nikon DSLR ever made, and it's easy to see why. It's bundled here with three superb Nikon lenses, two microphones, and an external video recording monitor.
4K movies bring your vision to life in stunning Ultra High Definition
The D850 records 4K movies at rates of up to 30 frames per second, using the full width and resolution of the camera's sensor. The large sensor allows for shooting with no crop factor using any full-frame Nikkor lens, and output is clean even at higher ISOs.
You can also create in-camera 4K time-lapse movies from consecutive still shots. Use Silent Live View Mode to bypass the mechanical shutter and mirror movement, and you'll conserve battery life and save thousands of shutter cycles, extending the life of your camera. Exposure Smoothing helps to keep your exposures consistent for smoother transitions between frames.
Pro-level movie features
Nikon's Flat Picture Control lets you shoot with post-processing in mind, while Zebra Stripes help you monitor the brightness of a given scene. You can also record simultaneously to the camera's memory cards and to the included external recorder via the camera's HDMI output.
Built-in Electronic Vibration Reduction makes it easier to avoid camera shake, even when recording on foot. The D850's power aperture function gives you smooth exposure transitions when moving from bright to dark areas, and Auto ISO in manual exposure mode works to maintain consistent brightness in changing light.
Get the look you're after with three outstanding lenses
A trio of fast f/1.8 FX-format prime lenses augments the D850's awesome resolving power. They deliver excellent optics, speed, versatility, and image quality. You'll enjoy great depth-of-field control, consistent exposure control, and great low-light performance.
Dial in the sound
Nikon included two kinds of microphones with this kit for adding superior sound quality to your creations. The ME-W1 wireless Bluetooth® microphone system lets you capture clear audio from subjects up to 164 feet away. And the ME-1 stereo microphone connects to the camera's hot shoe for on-the-go recording. Audio levels can be adjusted in 20 increments on the D850.
An external monitor expands your recording options
The included Atomos Ninja Flame external monitor is ideal for the D850's 4K UHD full-frame video output via HDMI. The Ninja Flame's bright, vivid screen makes it easier to judge exposure during HDR monitoring. This monitor also offers a High Bright Mode for traditional monitoring. It records to 2.5" SSDs and HDDs using Apple Pro Res and Avid DNxHR codecs.
Seriously, they thought of everything
The D850 Filmmaker's kit comes packed in high-impact foam inserts that can be slotted into a protective case to keep everything together and safe. And a spare battery is included to extend your recording time.
- 45.7-megapixel effective recording
- full-frame Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor (23.9 x 35.9 mm)
- backside-illuminated sensor designed without an optical low-pass filter, for maximum detail in your photos
- Nikon EXPEED 5 image processor optimized for high data-rate images, longer battery life, and 4K Ultra HD video
- included lenses:
- AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G
- included accessories for filmmaking:
- Atomos Ninja Flame external recording monitor
- Nikon ME-1 stereo microphone
- Nikon ME-W1 wireless Bluetooth® microphone system
- includes two rechargeable EN-EL15a lithium ion batteries and battery charger
- built-in Wi-Fi allows easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- Nikon SnapBridge technology with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for wireless image transfer to compatible mobile devices
- requires free SnapBridge app
- 3.2" high-resolution (2,359,000 dot) tilting LCD touchscreen with brightness adjustment and 170-degree viewing angle
- bright, eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder with built-in diopter adjustment
- Multi-CAM 20K autofocus sensor module with dedicated processor has 153 focus points and 99 cross-type sensors
- all 153 focus points are compatible with AF Nikkor lenses f/5.6 or faster
- 15 central focus points (9 selectable) work with effective aperture of f/8
- 5 autofocus area modes for different subjects and conditions
- 3D Focus Tracking for accurate, high-speed focusing
- Group-area autofocus mode links 5 autofocus sensors together as a single focus point for better tracking of small, fast-moving subjects
- two live view shooting modes: Photography Live View and Movie Live View add use-specific flexibility
- Virtual Horizon indicator for composing level photos, no matter the camera's orientation
- Active D-Lighting (with auto setting mode) and D-Lighting bracketing for better shadow and highlight detail in high-contrast shooting conditions
- Interval Timer mode lets you create smooth time lapse movies in over 8K resolution (up to 9,999 frames)
- compatible with Nikon's radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting System
- requires SB-5000 Speedlight, WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter, and WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller (sold separately)
- compatible with most Nikon lenses
- DX Series lenses compatible at reduced image sizes (DX format - see below)
Exposure Modes and Controls
- shutter speed range: 1/8000 to 30 seconds, bulb, time
- flash sync: up to 1/250 seconds
- continuous high-speed shooting up to 7 frames per second
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent): 64-25,600
File Formats and Storage:
- records images as NEF (RAW) (12-bit or 14-bit uncompressed, lossless compressed, or compressed, large, medium, or small), TIFF (RGB), or JPEG (fine, normal, or basic compression)
- maximum image size in FX format (pixels): 8,256 x 5,504
- maximum image size in DX format (pixels): 5,408 x 3,040
- dual media slots accept XQD memory cards and SDHC and SDXC UHS-I compliant memory cards no memory included
- 4K UHD (30, 25, 24 frames per second)
- Full HD 1080p (60, 50, 30, 25, 24 frames per second)
- HD 720p (60, 50, frames per second)
Connections and Dimensions:
- HDMI output (Type C mini connector)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface (cable included)
- 3.5mm headphone and stereo microphone jack
- 10-pin remote terminal
- 5-7/8"W x 4-15/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- weight (without battery and media): 32.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.2"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||20mm, 35mm, 85mm|
|Filter Diameter||77mm, 58mm. 67mm|
CompactFlash Type I |
|Image Stabilization||With optional lens|
|Highest Resolution||8256 x 5504|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||32.3|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Frequently Compared With
Nikon D850 Filmmaker's Kit
45.7-megapixel full-frame sensor DSLR camera with filmmaking accessories$5,499.95
Canon EOS 80D Video Creator Kit
24.2-megapixel digital SLR camera with 18-135mm zoom lens, Rode® VideoMic GO™, and 32GB memory card
Canon EOS 5DS R (no lens included)
50.6-megapixel full-frame digital SLR camera body with high-quality HD video mode
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II (no lens included)
20.2-megapixel full-frame sensor DSLR