Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
Standard zoom lens for DX format Nikon DSLR cameras
Our take on the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A versatile, go-anywhere lens
From beautiful portraits to big groups, detailed close-ups to sweeping landscapes, and from movies to stills, the versatile AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm lens will capture them all with crystal clarity. Its compact retractable barrel and lightweight design make this a terrific little lens that's easy to take along everywhere. And with Nikon's latest Vibration Reduction II technology built in, you can keep shooting in less light than you'd expect, thanks to the slower shutter speeds you'll be able to use while keeping your images sharp and bright.
What's in the Box:
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II zoom lens
- LC-52 Front lens cap (installed)
- Slip-on rear lens cap
- User's Guide
- Warranty Programs sheet
- 5 Years of Protection extended warranty sheet
- AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3-5.6G VR II zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 27-82.5mm
- compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- compact, retractable lens barrel design for even greater portability
- built-in Vibration Reduction II enables sharper shots at slower shutter speeds (up to four shutter speeds slower)
- Silent Wave Motor for smooth, quiet, and precise autofocus
- manual and autofocus modes
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- minimum focus distance: 11"
- maximum aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- minimum aperture: f/22-36
- lens construction: 11 elements in 8 groups
- attachment/filter size: 52mm
- lens is 2-5/8" in diameter, 2-5/8" long
- weight: 6.9 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
Overview: The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens is a compact zoom lens designed for use with Nikon's DX-format DSLRs. The lens features Vibration Reduction technology, and comes with a 52mm snap-on front lens cap (LC-52) and a slip-on rear lens cap.
3X Optical Zoom: The compact 3x zoom lens has a broad 18-55mm focal range for use in a variety of situations. When mounted to the camera the lens' picture angle is equivalent to approximately 1.5x the focal length of 35mm format (27-82.5mm). Close focusing distance to 0.92 feet (11.04") throughout the entire zoom range is possible. Separate zoom and focusing rings ensure responsive operation.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures fast, quiet auto focus operation. Auto Focus-Silent Wave (AF-S) is a type of focusing motor used in a number of AF-Nikkor lenses; the AF-S motor is very fast and quiet. AF-S lenses also have an A-M mode selector which allows the user to switch from automatic to manual focus with almost no lag time.
Vibration Reduction (VR): Vibration Reduction (VR) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, enabling sharper pictures, hand-held, at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise be possible. Vibration Reduction can be turned on or off via the VR switch on the lens barrel.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the lens barrel enables quick switching between Autofocus (A) and Manual Focus (M).
Super Integrated Coating (SIC): High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color reproduction, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare.
Lens Element: A Hybrid aspherical lens element minimizes various types of lens aberration.
Diaphragm: A rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- Type of Lens: G-type AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR lens with built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 52mm
- Focal Length Range: 18mm to 55mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 (wide) - f/5.6 (telephoto)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (wide) - f/36 (telephoto)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.92 feet (11.04")
- Lens Construction: 11 elements in 8 groups (1 aspherical lens element)
- Picture Angle: 76° to 28° 50'
- Focal Length Scale: 18, 24, 35, 45, 55mm
- Dimensions: 2.6" Diameter, 2.651" Length (3.25" w/caps)
- Weight: 6.9 ounces