Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED
Wide-angle, ultra-fast lens for compatible Nikon digital SLR cameras
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED
Our take on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Create dazzling indoor images without using your camera's flash. Or take dramatic outdoor photos that focus on your subject, but leave the foreground and background blurry. Pair this extraordinary lens with one of Nikon's FX or DX SLR cameras, like the D300s or the full-frame D700. Its extremely large maximum aperture means you'll be able to capture well-exposed photos, whether you're shooting indoors or out.
World-class Nikon optics ensure accurate, razor-sharp results. A multi-coating on the lens minimizes flare and ghosting. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements and two aspherical elements. And Nikon's built-in Silent Wave Motor makes autofocus nearly silent. You'll be able to quickly focus on your subject and snap images of candid moments.
What's in the Box:
- AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED lens
- LC-77 Snap-on front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-51 Bayonet lens hood
- CL-1118 Soft Case
- User's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 11 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
- AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED wide-angle lens
- designed for Nikon DX and FX SLR cameras
- 36mm effective focal length for DX sensor cameras
- ideal for everyday and low-light use
- minimum focus distance: 9-7/8 in.
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 12 elements in 10 groups
- two aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- multi-coating reduces flare and ghosting
- attachment/filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 3-7/8" long
- weight: 21.9 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- bayonet lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and soft lens case
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w/ registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w/ registration|
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED lens is a fixed focal length lens with a natural wide angle view, and a fast f/1.4 aperture for extreme light-gathering capability. It is designed for use with FX/35mm format cameras, but has been optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs. When mounted on a DX-format camera, the angle of view is reduced and equivalent focal length becomes approximately 36mm (see Specifications below).
Nano Crystal Coat: Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
ED Elements: Two built-in Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest available aperture.
Aspherical Lens Elements: The lens has 2 aspherical lens elements, which virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Rear Focus: Rear Focus (RF) provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 9-blade diaphragm, which renders a more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-51 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 1-3/8" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S Zoom-Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Focal Length: 24mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 9.84"
- Focusing Method: Rear focusing (RF) system, AutoFocus using a Silent Wave Motor, manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 10 groups with 2 ED lens elements and 2 aspherical lens elements, and some Nano Crystal Coat-deposited lens elements
- Angle of View:
- FX/35mm Format: 84°
- DX Format: 61°
- IX240 System: 71°
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.877", Length=3.258 (w/o lens caps)
- Weight: approximately 21.9 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.