Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nikon 20-60 x 85mm Angled Body EDG Fieldscope
Premium 85mm spotting scope with 20-60X eyepiece
Item # 0548293 | MFR # 8293
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Nikon 20-60 x 85mm Angled Body EDG Fieldscope by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The exceptional is standard
This high-magnification, high-precision spotting scope offers everything you'd expect from Nikon: superb optical elements, impeccable build quality, and logical, ergonomic design. But there are also the things that distinguish this fieldscope from the rest of the pack, and keep it at the top of its class.
The angled eyepiece makes it easy to adjust this scope so it's quickly useable for people of differing heights — something that will come in handy during your family vacation in the mountains or at the beach.
Impeccable optics mean impeccable images
A variable-focal-length 20-60X eyepiece receives impressive amounts of light from a bright 85mm objective lens, so even when you're zoomed in at 60X, you'll notice that low light isn't quite the challenge you may have feared. Redesigned internal prisms and extra-low-dispersion glass elements have been engineered to deliver high-contrast, color-accurate images down the light path. The scope has been internally nitrogen-purged and O-ring sealed for fog-proof and waterproof performance. Plus, an included sliding sunshade protects the front objective from being struck by dust or rain when you're tracking that elusive bird in the wilderness.
What's in the Box:
- The product was not opened to inventory box contents.
- The Nikon Sport Optics website says the box contains:
- EDG Angled-body Fieldscope with 85mm objective lens
- 20-60x Zoom eyepiece
- Sliding sunshade
- Vue-Thru case
- Eyepiece travel pouch
- Lens covers
- Adjustable carry straps
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Form
- Registration Form
- 85mm objective lens gathers light well without adding bulk to scope's body
- Nikon FEP-20-60X zoom eyepiece with travel pouch features aspherical lens element
- seven other EDG eyepieces are available separately to extend the fieldscope's utility
- phase-correction-coated roof prisms make for a compact design
- sliding hood eliminates flaring and glare and protects objective lens from moisture and dust
- multilayer-coated optical elements provide a high-contrast, color-accurate image
- extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements allow greatly reduced color fringing and greater sharpness and contrast
- scope is nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed to keep it fog-free and water-resistant
- three tripod mount screw holes provided for flexible mounting
Specifications and Dimensions:
- magnification: 20-60X
- objective diameter: 85mm
- field of view at 1000 yards: 114 feet (at 20X)
- angular field of view: 2.4 degrees real, 64.3 degrees apparent (at 20X)
- exit pupil: 2.8mm (at 20X)
- eye relief: 25.4mm (at 20X)
- length (without eyepiece) : 15-11/16"
- height: 5-1/4"
- width: 4"
- weight: 83.2 ounces (body only, without batteries)
- warranty: 25-year limited "no fault" warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 20-60X eyepiece with pouch
- sliding sunshade
- Vue-Thru case
- lens covers and scope cap
- adjustable carry straps
Overview: The Nikon EDG 85-A Angled-body Fieldscope includes the 20-60x Zoom Eyepiece, which screws into the scope body. The fieldscope comes with a soft, padded neoprene storage case and a shoulder strap. The EDG 85-A can be mounted to a tripod with a standard 1/4" tripod thread.
Water-Resistant: The EDG 85-A fieldscope is waterproof, and will not suffer damage to the internal optics if dropped or submerged in water up to a depth of 1 meter for up to 5 minutes. It is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to protect the lenses and prism from condensation and mold.
Multi-coated ED Optics: The EDG 85-A features high-quality Nikon ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass that fully compensates for chromatic aberration to give you ultra-sharp images with clear details and true colors. These high-grade optics are fully coated in multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds for bright resolution and brilliant color.
20-60x Zoom Eyepiece: The included 20-60x Zoom Eyepiece screw-mounts to the scope body. You can adjust the zoom from 20x to 60x by rotating the zooming ring.
- Model: Fieldscope EDG 85-A with 20-60x Zoom Eyepiece
- Magnification: 20x to 60x
- Objective Diameter: 85mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 16.4 yards (4 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 2.4° Real, 64.3° Apparent (at 20x)
- Exit Pupil: 2.8mm
- Relative Brightness: 7.8 (at 20x)
- Eye Relief: 25.4mm (at 20x)
- Dimensions (body only): Length=15.67", Width=4.09
- Weight: 84.66 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.