Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nikon 13-30 x 50mm Angled Body ED Fieldscope
50mm spotting scope with 13-30X eyepiece
Item # 0548321 | MFR # 8321
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Nikon 13-30 x 50mm Angled Body ED Fieldscope by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Power in your pack
This lightweight yet powerful spotting scope offers everything you'd expect from Nikon: superb optical elements, impeccable build quality, and logical, ergonomic design. It may be easy to transport, but it features almost all of the distinguishing characteristics that make its bigger brethren so popular and respected.
The angled eyepiece makes it easy to adjust this scope so it's quickly useable for people of differing heights — something that will come in handy while peeping out unusual fauna on the trail, or stargazing in the backyard.
Impeccable optics mean impeccable imagesA variable-focal-length 13-30X eyepiece receives light from a capable 50mm objective lens, so even when you're zoomed in at 30X, you'll notice that low light isn't quite the challenge you may have feared. Specially coated internal prisms and extra-low-dispersion glass elements have been engineered to deliver high-contrast, color-accurate images down the light path. The scope has been internally nitrogen-purged and O-ring sealed for fog-proof and waterproof performance. Plus, an included sliding sunshade protects the front objective from being struck by dust or rain when you're trying to identify that boat offshore.
- 50mm objective lens gathers light well while keeping overall body size lightweight
- Nikon 13-30X zoom eyepiece comes with its own travel pouch
- other eyepieces are available separately to extend the fieldscope's utility
- sliding hood eliminates flaring and glare and protects objective lens from moisture and dust
- multilayer-coated optical elements provide a high-contrast, color-accurate image
- extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements allow greatly reduced color fringing and greater sharpness and contrast
- scope is nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed to keep it fog-free and water-resistant
Specifications and Dimensions:
- magnification: 13-30X
- objective diameter: 50mm
- field of view at 1000 yards: 157 feet (at 13X)
- exit pupil: 3,8mm (at 13X)
- eye relief: 12.9mm (at 13X)
- length (without eyepiece) : 9-7/16"
- width: 2-13/16"
- weight: 20.1 ounces
- warranty: 25-year limited "no fault" warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 13-30X eyepiece with pouch
- sliding sunshade
- lens covers
- adjustable carry straps
What's in the Box:
- Angled-body fieldscope with 50mm objective lens
- Objective lens cap (installed)
- Eyepiece mount plug (installed)
- Neoprene storage case
- Storage case strap
- 13-30x Zoom Eyepiece MC
- Eyepiece mount cap (installed)
- Eyepiece cup (installed)
- Instruction Manual (En / Es / Fr / Pt / Jp)
- Warranty Form
- Registration Form
Overview: The Nikon Fieldscope ED50-A includes the 13-30x Zoom Eyepiece MC, which screws into the scope body. The fieldscope comes with a soft, padded neoprene storage case and a shoulder strap. The ED50-A can be mounted to a tripod with a standard 1/4" tripod thread.
Water-Resistant: The ED50-A fieldscope is waterproof, and will not suffer damage to the internal optics if dropped or submerged in water up to a depth of 1 meter for up to 5 minutes. It is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to protect the lenses and prism from condensation and mold.
Multi-coated ED Optics: The ED50-A features high-quality Nikon ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass that fully compensates for chromatic aberration to give you ultra-sharp images with clear details and true colors. These high-grade optics are fully coated in multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds for bright resolution and brilliant color.
13-30x Zoom Eyepiece: The included 13-30x Zoom Eyepiece MC screw-mounts to the scope body. You can adjust the zoom from 13x to 30x by rotating the zooming ring. The eyepiece has a fold-back rubber eyecup. Eyeglass wearers should fold back the eyecup before using.
- Model: Fieldscope ED50-A with 13-30x Zoom Eyepiece MC
- Prism Type: Schmidt's prism
- Magnification: 13x to 30x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 9.8 yards (3 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 3° Real, 40° Apparent (at 13x)
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 157 feet (52 meters)
- Exit Pupil: 3.8mm
- Relative Brightness: 14.4 (at 13x)
- Eye Relief: 12.9mm (at 13x)
- Dimensions (assembled): Length=9.4375", Width=2.8", Height=5.125"
- Weight: 20.1 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.