Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nikon AF Fisheye Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D
Ultra-wide-angle prime lens for Nikon SLR cameras
Item # 054AF16MM | MFR # 1910
This item is no longer available.
Newer model available
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
Our take on the Nikon AF Fisheye Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Sights of the season
Have you ever stared at your reflection in a shiny Christmas ornament ball? Good. Then you'll have a general idea of what to expect from a fisheye lens like this AF 16mm f/2.8D lens for your Nikon camera. It will give you amazing perspectives on everything from imposing outdoor architecture to a shot of your curious puppy, nose-first near the lens. Though optimized for full-frame cameras, this lens will also mount on DX-format cameras. Those cameras will crop a center portion of the lens's projected circle of light, so some of the fisheye effect will remain outside your captured frame, but the resulting 24mm effective focal length is sure to present interesting wide-angle images.
And of course, this is a Nikkor lens, so the impeccable build quality yields sharp images, minimal flaring or color artifacts, and high contrast for superior clarity.
- AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D lens
- This lens has no internal focusing motor. Autofocus not compatible with some Nikon camera bodies. Consult your camera manual for details.
- 24mm effective focal length with APS-C sensor cameras
- fisheye effects may not be as exaggerated on DX-format cameras due to the effects of crop factor
- ideal for enhancing perspectives and spatial relationships
- minimum focus distance: 10.2 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 8 elements in 5 groups
- Super Integrated Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- accepts gelatin filter material
- lens is 2-1/2" in diameter, 2-13/16" long
- weight: 10.12 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
What's in the Box:
- AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D lens
- Slip-on front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- CA-2 Filter Case
- L37C Filter (installed)
- A2 Filter
- B2 Filter
- O56 Filter
- User's Manual
- 5 Years of Protection sheet (warranty + extended warranty form)
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w registration|
Overview: The AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D lens was developed for use with Nikon full-frame FX-format digital SLR cameras. It has an ultra-wide picture angle of 180 degrees, The bright f/2.8 aperture lets you shoot in dim light, or with fast shutter speeds. Close-Range Correction (CRC) provides high performance for sharper images at both near- and far-focusing distances.
Built-in CPU: The lens has a built-in CPU which allows it to communicate with the camera body for focus and exposure functions. A set of CPU contacts is located on the lens mount for interfacing with the camera body.
Full Frame: Unlike other Nikkor fisheye lenses producing a circular image, the AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D lens fills up the frame with an image. The image still possesses a 180° angle of view (measured across the diagonal), and gives you the same fisheye effects as regular fisheye lenses.
Filters: The lens includes four rear-mounting bayonet-type filters. Because of the optical construction of the lens, a filter must be attached to the lens at all times. The following filters are included:
- L37C: Ultraviolet (can also be used with B/W and color film)
- A2: Light amber (can also be used with color film)
- B2: Light blue (can also be used with color film)
- O56: Orange (can also be used with B/W film)
Minimum Aperture Lock: When shooting in programmed auto or shutter-priority mode, you should use the minimum aperture lock lever to lock the lens aperture at f/22.
- Type of Lens: AF Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: rear-attachment bayonet type (4 filters included)
- Focal Length: 16mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 10.2"
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 5 groups
- Overall Length: 2.8"
- Diameter: 2.5"
- Weight: approximately 10.2 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.