Battery Grip for Nikon D850
Our take on the Nikon MB-D18 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Extend your shooting time
Nikon's MB-D18 battery grip increases the number of shots per charge you can get with the D850. Shutter release and AE/AF lock buttons, a multi-selector, and command dials give you better control when shooting in portrait orientation.
- multi-battery power pack for Nikon D850
- shutter release, AE/AF lock button, multi-selector, and command dials for easier vertical shooting
- can be powered by six AA batteries or by a single EN-EL15, EN-EL15a, EN-EL18a, or EN-EL18b lithium ion battery
- optional BL-5 battery chamber cover is necessary for EN-EL18a or EN-EL18b; not included
- warranty: one year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- MB-D18 Multi-power battery pack
- MS-D12EN rechargeable battery holder (installed)
- MS-D12 AA battery holder
- Storage case
- User's Manual
- For Your Safety sheet
- Warranty Programs sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Nikon MB-D18 Multi-Battery Power Pack is designed for use with Nikon's D850 digital SLR camera. The MB-D18 takes one Nikon EN-EL15a rechargeable battery (sold separately) or eight "AA" batteries (alkaline, Ni-MH, or Lithium). You can insert an optional EN-EL18b higher-capacity battery for longer battery life and faster maximum frame rate, however, you must use the optional BL-5 battery chamber cover (sold separately from manufacturer). Not only does the MB-D18 serve as a power pack for the Nikon D850, it also acts as a vertical hand-grip for portrait-oriented shots, and provides a shutter-release button, multi selector, main- and sub-command dials, and an AE/AF Lock button.
Faster Shooting Speed: The maximum frame rate of the D850 varies depending upon which power source you use in the camera. With an EN-EL15a battery (1900 mAh), or the EP-5B power connector and EH-5c/EH-5b AC adapter, in the camera or in the MB-D18, the maximum frame rate is 7 fps in Continuous (High), and 1-6 fps in Continuous (Low) shooting mode. With the EN-EL18b battery (2500mAh) inserted in the MB-D18, the maximum frame rate of the D850 increases to 9 fps in Continuous (High), and 1-8 fps in Continuous (Low).
Battery Life: The estimated battery life for the D850 camera using the MB-D18 is as follows:
- One EN-EL15a battery (in camera): Approximately 1840 shots*, or 70 minutes of HD footage
- One EN-EL15a battery (in MB-D18): Approximately 1840 shots, or 70 minutes of HD footage
- One EN-EL18b battery (in MB-D18): Approximately 3300 shots, or 145 minutes of HD footage
- Eight AA alkaline batteries (in MB-D18): Approximately 1740 shots, or 65 minutes of HD footage
*Using CIPA standard
Weight: The MB-D18's weight varies depending upon the batteries and configuration you use:
- MB-D18 without batteries or battery holders: 8.0 ounces
- MB-D18 with MS-D12EN holder (no batteries): 9.9 ounces
- MB-D18 with MS-D12EN and optional EN-EL15 battery: 12.6 ounces
- MB-D18 with MS-D12EN and optional EP-5B power connector: 10.8 ounces
- MB-D18 with MS-D12 holder (no batteries): 9.4 ounces
- MB-D18 with MS-D12 and eight AA batteries: 15.9 ounces
- MB-D18 with optional BL-5 battery chamber cover and EN-EL18a battery: 15.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
FPS increase on Nikon D850 [ Scott Jan 15, 2018 ]
Goes with the D850 [ STEVE Jan 14, 2018 ]
You just shipped my Nikon D850! [ Mark Jan 12, 2018 ]