Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nikon SB-N7 Speedlight
Versatile flash unit for Nikon 1 V1 and V2 cameras (White)
Item # 054SBN7W | MFR # 3711
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Nikon SB-N7 Speedlight by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The Nikon SB-N7 Speedlight flash is a photographic vocabulary builder. What do we mean by that? Well, while the Nikon 1 V1 and V2 have powerful low-light performance, there are situations where any camera could benefit from some light "shaping." Your artistic choices will expand when you put this little workhorse onto the camera's accessory port. It has an expanded tilt range — 120° vertically, from straight-out horizontal to aiming at the wall behind you. And it also has a built-in wide panel that will expand your fill-light coverage from side to side. Diffused, supportive light like this can make the difference between a shot that feels flat and a shot that jumps from the screen or the page.
The Nikon SB-N7 is powered by readily available "AAA" batteries. And as you'd expect, the SB-N5 communicates seamlessly with your camera's electronics to adjust itself for the perfect exposure.
- optimized for Nikon V1 and V2 cameras
- available in black and white
- i-TTL (intelligent through-the-lens) flash exposure control
- manual setting
- multiple-position tilt/pan flash head (tilts up from horizontal to 60, 75, 90 and 120 degrees)
- built-in wide panel expands coverage to the sides
- approximate guide number at ISO 100: 18m/59ft. (with wide panel 10m/33ft.)
- 2-5/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 2-5/16"D
- weight: approx. 3.2 oz.
- soft carry case included
- mounting foot cover included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- SB-N7 Speedlight flash unit for Nikon 1 cameras (white)
- Wide-flash adapter
- Mounting foot cover (installed)
- Cloth carrying pouch
- User's Manual
- For Your Safety brochure
- Warranty Programs sheet
Overview: The Nikon Speedlight SB-N7 is an external flash unit designed to be used with the Nikon 1 interchangeable lens digital cameras with a multi-accessory port, including the Nikon V1 and V2 models. It can be used as i-TTL auto flash or manual flash.
Power Requirements: The SB-N7 is powered by two "AAA" batteries (not included). You can use Alkaline or Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries. With Alkaline batteries, the flash has a recycling time of 4 to 30 seconds, and 70 or more uses. Ni-MH batteries are good for 110 or more uses with a recycling time of 3.5 to 30 seconds.
Bounce Flash: The flash head tilts up to 120° with click-stops at 0°, 60°, 75°, 90°, and 120°.
Wide-Flash Adapter: The SB-N7 comes with a clear plastic wide-flash adapter, which increases the angle of illumination. With the adapter in place, the flash covers the field of view of a 6.7mm lens. When not in use, the adapter can be stored on the flash head below the flash window.
Flash Exposure Control: The SB-N7 can operate in the following modes using camera controls: Fill Flash (Front-curtain Sync), Front-curtain Slow-sync, Rear-curtain sync, Rear-curtain Slow-sync, and Flash compensation.
Specifications: The Speedlight SB-N7 has the following specifications:
- Electronic Construction: Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Guide Number: 18m/59ft (ISO 100), 10m/33 ft with wide panel (ISO 100)
- Effective Flash Range (i-TTL): 2' to 66' (varies with ISO sensitivity, bounce angle, and aperture
- Flash Duration: 1/1400 sec at full power
- Dimensions: Width=2.257", Height=2.276" (0°) 3.45" (90°), Depth=2.3125" (0°) 1.625" (90°), Weight=4.2 ounces with batteries and wide-flash adapter
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.