Dual moving magnet phono cartridge on headshell
Our take on the Audio-Technica VM530EN/H by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A top-notch cartridge and headshell team
With a phono cartridge, the tiniest detail can make a huge difference in how you enjoy your records. The Audio-Technica VM530EN, for instance, features a 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical nude stylus, which means less overall mass, and more accurate frequency reproduction. The cartridge comes pre-mounted in an AT-HS10BK universal headshell designed to fit a standard 1/2" mount for compatibility with a wide range of turntables.
- high-quality phono cartridge pre-mounted in an lightweight headshell
- dual moving magnet design for excellent stereo separation
- center shield plate between left and right channels reduces crosstalk
- durable low-resonance polymer cartridge housing
- 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical nude stylus
- all-metal cantilever
- frequency response 20-25,000 Hz
- output voltage: 4.5 mV
- stereo separation: 27 dB
- channel balance: 1.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2.0 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- 3/4"W x 3/4"H x 1-1/8"D
- cartridge weight: 6.4 grams
- lightweight aluminum 1/2"-mount headshell
- finger lift is positioned near the front of headshell to enable precise placement of stylus
- gold-plated lead wires resist corrosion to ensure good signal transfer
- 13/16"W x 1/2"H x 2"D
- weight: 0.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Dual moving magnet stereo phono cartridge (pre-mounted to 1/2"-Mount headshell)
- User Manual
- Disposal Note
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Headshell/Cartridge Combo Kit: Audio-Technica's VM530EN/H combo kit includes the VM530EN elliptical nude dual moving magnet cartridge premounted on the AT-HS10 universal 1/2"-mount headshell.
Dual Moving Magnet Stereo Cartridge: The VM530EN is a top-end elliptical stylus cartridge in Audio-Technica's new VM cartridge line. Like all VM cartridges, the VM530EN is equipped with dual magnets that are positioned to match the left and right channels in the stereo record groove for outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response. The cartridge's lightweight 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical nude stylus reduces the execution mass of the vibration system, enabling fuller frequency reproduction and less tracking distortion than a bonded stylus.
- VM dual magnet cartridge with 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus
- Aluminum cantilever
- Paratoroidal coils improve generating efficiency
- Center shield plate between the left and right channels reduces crosstalk
- Durable low-resonance polymer housing
Universal 1/2"-Mount Head Shell: The lightweight aluminum AT-HS10 is a universal 1/2"-mount headshell for 4-pin turntable cartridges. Featuring an aluminum die-cast body, the AT-HS10 is designed to keep vibration to the bare minimum. The finger lift is positioned near the front of headshell to enable precise placement of the stylus onto the record. The headshell is equipped with gold-plated lead wires for lossless signal transmission and comes with mounting screws.
- Universal 1/2"-mount headshell for 4-pin turntable cartridges
- Ultra-lightweight aluminum die-cast body keeps vibration to the bare minimum
- Finger lift is positioned near the front of headshell to enable precise placement of the stylus onto the record
- Gold-plated lead wires for lossless signal transmission
- Frequency Response: 20-25,000 Hz
- Channel Separation: 27 dB (1 kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Force: 1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
- Stylus Construction: Nude round shank
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 ohms
- Output: 4.5 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Channel Balance: 1.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Stylus Shape: 0.3 x 0.7 mil eliptical
- Cantilever: Aluminum pipe
- Mount: 1/2"
- Replacement Stylus: Part # VMN30EN
- Coil Impedance: 2,700 ohms (1 kHz)
- DC Resistance: 800 ohms
- Load Capacitance: 100-200 pF
- Coil Inductance: 460 mH (1 kHz)
- Static Compliance: 35 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance: 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 23°
Dimensions (Cartridge & Shell): 0.8125" (w) x 0.8.25" (h) x 2.4375" (d)
Weight (Cartridge & Shell): 16.8 g (0.6 oz)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.