Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Item #: 058ARWR2
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the AR ARWR2 by Crutchfield's Jim Richardson
Install a complete surround sound system or a multi-room audio system without running wires through your walls. For five-channel home theater, add three of these receiver/amplifiers to your ARW20 wireless system. For multi-room applications, you can send the same audio channel to as many as six receiver/amps throughout your home.
What's in the Box:
- ARWR2 Receiver/Amplifier
- AC adapter (26V DC/2.5A output/ 6' output cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Receiver stand
- Installation and operation manual (English/ Spanish/ French)
- Offer for free downloads with new eMusic account
- Online product registration information
- companion receiver/amplifier for use with the ARW20 wireless system
- 35 watts RMS into 8 ohms or 60 watts RMS into 4 ohms
- 3-1/2"H x 1-1/2"W x 6"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The ARWR2 is an additional receiver/amplifier for use with the ARW20 wireless system (item number 058ARW20, sold separately). The ARW20 system transmits uncompressed CD quality audio (16 bit/44.1 kHz) and allows adding multiple amplifiers to each channel; up to six receivers can be linked to a channel with no loss in signal quality.
- Speaker Output: one set of 5-way binding posts; will accommodate pin connectors, single of dual banana plugs, spade connectors, or bare wire up to 8 gauge
- Power: DC input for use with the supplied AC adapter
- Operating Frequency: 2.400-2.4835 GHz
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3 dB
- Output Power:
- 8Ω: 35 watts, 1% THD, 1 kHz +/-3 dB
- 4Ω: 60 watts, 1% THD, 1 kHz +/-3 dB
- Distortion: <0.1% @ 1 watt RMS
- Effective Operating Range: 100 feet
- Speaker Impedance: 4Ω-8Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB @ 1 watt
- Power Supply: 26 volts DC/2.5 amps
- Width: 1.289" (1.486" w/stand)
- Height: 3.048" (3.487" w/stand)
- Depth: 6.020"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.