Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
TEAC Reference Series AG-H600NT
AM/FM/Internet-Radio receiver with built-in Wi-Fi®
Item #: 063AGH600
This item is no longer available.
TEAC Reference Series AG-H600NT
Our take on the TEAC Reference Series AG-H600NT by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
A stereo receiver for the 21st century
TEAC's Reference Series AG-H600NT goes way beyond what most people expect from a stereo receiver. Once it's connected to your broadband Internet service, you can listen to over 12,000 Internet radio stations with genres ranging from the cool jazz sounds of New York and Paris to the meditative beats of Bali. All subscription free. And of course, your favorite over-the-air radio stations play beautifully as well. Spin some discs on your turntable or CD player or add an optional TEAC iPod® dock to the mix. Then just sit back and enjoy your music.
High-quality parts and construction help every musical detail shine through
The first thing you'll notice about the 'H600NT is its heft. Fifteen pounds of muscle from a less-than-fullsize footprint.The 'H600NT has a nearly seamless finish, inside and out, and machined metal knobs that feel solid to the touch. The amplifier's 75 watts per channel actually sound like more thanks to the rock-steady toroidal power supply.
What we heard a recipe for an amazing system
Take the 'H600NT. Add a pair of PSB Image towers. Top it off with TEAC's award-winning PD-H600 CD player and you'll have a system sure to please. This was the setup we heard in our training room. One cut from a locally recorded acoustic trio nearly transformed our old install bay into a hallowed listening hall. It was almost as if the artists had just sat down to jam at the front of the room.
What's in the Box:
- Stereo/Network receiver
- 76" AC power cord
- W-LAN Antenna
- RC-1181 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" Batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM Wire antenna
- 76" RCA Y-adapter
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Teac contact information
- Network Music Player function information
- 75 watts x 2 into 8 ohms (1 kHz)
- Internet-ready with Ethernet port or Wi-Fi® streaming from your computer and Internet radio stations (broadband service required)
- works with 802.11b/g wireless standards
- iPod® integration with optional TEAC dock)
- 60 AM/FM presets
- Radio Data System (RDS) capability showing broadcast embedded text for FM stations (where available)
- 4 analog audio inputs (including MM phono), 1 analog output
- binding post speaker connectors
- headphone jack
- detachable power cord
- sleep timer
- remote control
- 11-7/16"W x 4"H x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 15 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Stereo RMS Power (watts)||60|
|THD in Stereo||0.1 %|
|Frequency Bandwidth (stereo)||1k Hz|
|FM Sensitivity||Not Given|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||110dB|
|Phono Signal to Noise Ratio||70dB|
|Wired or Wireless Network||Both|
|HD Radio Tuner||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|iPod Connectivity||Optional dock|
|Total Number of Zones||1|
|Multibrand Remote Control||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Total Audio Inputs||3|
|Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Speaker Output Pairs||1|
iPod Compatibility: The AG-H600NT is Made for iPod compliant when used with the optional DS-22 iPod Dock (item number 063DS22, sold separately). The iPod is controlled by the receiver's remote and the controls on the iPod also remain active, as does the iPod's display. The DS-22 has composite video and S-video outputs, so video and photos played on the iPod are displayed on a connected TV. iPod compatibility is as follows (as of October 2010):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control||Display||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote Control||iPod||Song Text||Track Info|
|click-wheel or color-display||4th||Y||N||Y||Y||N||N||Y|
Note: Apple iPod software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
Tuner: The AM/FM tuner can store up to 30 AM and 30 FM presets.
Home Network Function: The AG-H600NT is equipped with an Ethernet port and wireless LAN antenna that let you connect the receiver to your home network (LAN) and to your broadband internet modem via your LAN. Once connected you can take advantage of these network functions:
- Internet Radio: Internet radio refers to radio broadcasts distributed over the internet. Stations from around the world can be received and a favorites list created for easy recall. The AG-H600NT supports MP3, WMA, and RealAudio Internet radio content and allows you to search for stations by genre, location, station or podcast name, popular stations, and new stations. You can register your favorite stations at www.wifiradio-frontier.com using a computer.
- Music Player: The music server function lets you stream audio files to the receiver from PCs in the same network; stream by Shared Media (Windows Media Player 11 or later required) or Shared Folders (available with Windows and Macintosh).
Tone Control: The tone controls offer +/-12 dB adjustments at three frequencies; 100 Hz (bass), 1 kHz (midrange), and 10 kHz (treble).
Tone Direct: The Tone Direct function bypasses the bass, midrange, and treble controls and offers the best sound quality; when engaged the signal to noise ratio is 110 dB, when disengaged it's 100 dB.
Record Out: The Aux input has a corresponding output (stereo RCA) for connecting a recording component; cassette deck, CD recorder, etc.
Subwoofer Out: A cable (76" long with stereo RCAs one end and mono RCA on the other) and instructions are included for connecting a powered subwoofer to the auxiliary output. The level of this output is fixed, so the subwoofer's volume control will have to be used along with the AG-H600NT's volume.
Dimmer: The display has three brightness settings; Bright, Dim, and Off.
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept spade connectors, single banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire up to 8 gauge; they are positioned too far apart to be used with dual banana plugs
- Phono Input: stereo RCA input jacks and a signal ground post; compatible with moving magnet phono cartridges
- CD: stereo RCA input jacks
- Aux: stereo RCA input and output jacks; used for playback and recording
- Power: AC input for use with included cord; polarized IEC C-14 jack (compatible with aftermarket polarized C-13 cord)
- Antenna Input:
- FM: threaded F-connector
- AM: spring terminals
- W-LAN: threaded terminal for use with included wireless LAN antenna
- Ethernet: RJ-45 port for connection to wired LAN
- System Connection: 3.5mm jack; system control available when used with the PD-H600 CD player
- iPod: proprietary port for use with the optional DS-22 iPod dock
- Headphone: 1/4" headphone jack; speaker outputs are muted when headphones are plugged in (although the manual states otherwise)
- Continuous Power:
- 60 watts x 2 into an 8Ω load, measured at 1 kHz with no more than 0.1% THD
- 75 watts x 2 into a 4Ω load, measured at 1 kHz with no more than 0.1% THD
- THD: 0.05% (1 kHz, 8Ω, 40 W)
- Phono: 70 dB
- CD/Aux: 100 dB (110 dB with Tone Direct engaged)
- FM: 70 dB (mono), 65 dB (stereo)
- AM: 45 dB
- Input sensitivity:
- Phono: 2.8 mV/47 Ω
- CD/Aux: 180 mV/47 kΩ
- Ethernet Terminal: 10 Base-T
- Wireless LAN:
- System: IEEE 802.11 b/g
- Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Best Frequency Response: 10 Hz-65 kHz (-3 dB)
- Power Requirement: 120V AC 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 50 watts (0.7 watts in standby)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.