Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Boston Acoustics M25
Item # 065M25 | MFR # M25B
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Boston Acoustics M25 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Designed for your ears and eyes
The sleek, solidly built M25 from Boston Acoustics delivers exceptionally accurate and natural sound from a conveniently sized bookshelf design. It takes advantage of the latest advancements in Boston's speaker technology to bring your home entertainment to life — whether you're using a pair for stereo music, or creating a complete surround sound system. And the M25 looks every bit as good as it sounds, sporting a deep, black piano lacquer finish with luxurious leather-feel trim.
Advanced drivers for detailed, dynamic sound
Boston's Extended Wide Bandwidth dome tweeter lets the M25 really sing with silky, transparent highs. Unlike most tweeters, this one has a dimple in the middle that stabilizes the linear motion of the tweeter for significantly lower distortion, improved dispersion for a deep, expansive soundstage, and greater clarity over a broad range of frequencies. The M25 also delivers dynamic mids and bass thanks to a 5-1/4" polypropylene woofer and an acoustically tuned port.
Better cabinet construction improves performance
Cabinet vibration, or resonance, is the enemy of clear sound. It adds distortion and coloration to music and vocals. Boston's M Series speakers fight vibration with LoQ™ cabinet construction. By using two sheets of MDF (medium density fiberboard) with a special damping adhesive layer between them, Boston created an enclosure that provides the acoustic deadening of much thicker materials without the drawbacks of added weight and increased size. The result is a relatively compact, lightweight speaker that has a very low resonance — or in speaker-speak, a low “Q.”
In addition to the Lo-Q cabinet material, Boston also used a scanning laser vibrometer to critically position the M Series cabinets' internal braces where they provided the most benefit, and added heavy-duty absorptive cabinet fill to eliminate internal standing waves. These advanced cabinet building techniques and materials result in speakers with impressive transparency and a large, detailed soundstage.
What's in the Box:
- Bookshelf loudspeaker
- Detachable grille (installed)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Note about cabinet
- 1" Extended Wide Bandwidth soft dome tweeter for clarity and low distortion
- 5-1/4" polypropylene cone woofer supplies dynamic bass
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet
- Boston Lo-Q cabinet construction reduces vibration and eliminates unwanted resonance
- high-quality crossover network circuit boards and components for outstanding phase and timing accuracy
- laser-based vibration measurements ensure optimized placement of internal bracing and driver mounting points to minimize cabinet resonance
- high-gloss black piano lacquer finish with leatherette covered baffle
- frequency response: 62-30,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: compatible with 8-ohm outputs
- recommended amplifier power: 50-200 watts
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 6-7/8"W x 12-3/8"H x 10-1/8"D
- weight: 14.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Boston Acoustics M25 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Frequency Response||62-30,000 Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker: The Boston Acoustics M25 bookshelf loudspeaker features a 1" Extended Wide Bandwidth dome tweeter and a 5.25" cone woofer for accurate, natural sound and dynamic bass. The 1" EWB dome tweeter provides greater clarity and less distortion, while the 5.25" cone woofer delivers dynamic bass response.
- 1" Extended Wide Bandwidth Dome Tweeter: The M25 Bookshelf Loudspeaker is equipped with Boston's signature 1" Extended Wide Bandwidth (EWB) dome tweeter, which is designed to cover a broad range of frequencies, reduce distortion, and improve clarity in the high registers. Unlike most tweeters, the EWB has a small dimple in the middle and a large radiating surface that extends from the center to the outside perimeter of the diaphragm. This design enables the tweeter to track subtle treble details and reproduce the highest frequencies with ease.
- 5.25" Polypropylene Cone Woofer: The M25 also contains a 5.25" polypropylene cone woofer driver with aluminum shorting ring for dynamic bass and clear, distortion-free sound.
High Quality Crossover Networks: Very high quality crossover networks featuring low loss film capacitors and low distortion laminated silicon steel core inductors are utilized for greater clarity and minimal coloration.
Lo-Q Cabinet Construction: The M25's Lo-Q cabinet is built to reduce vibrations and eliminate unwanted resonances. The M25 has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the M25 to create a larger, more vivid soundstage. The cabinet also contains heavy-duty absorptive fill and internal braces which have been strategically positioned to maximize the speaker's strength and optimize sound.
Gloss Black Finish w/ Leatherette Wrap: The M25's gloss black finish and curved side panels with faux leather wrap can complement almost any decor.
Rear-Firing Port: The Boston Acoustics M25 employs a rear-firing port for higher efficiency and greater bass response. Because of the rear-firing port, the speaker should be placed at least 3" from the wall.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Boston Acoustics M25 bookshelf loudspeaker is fitted with a set of binding post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (single only), spade-connectors, and pin-connectors.
Mounting Options: The M25's compact size allows you to place the speaker on a bookshelf, wall shelf, table, or speaker stand. Self-adhesive rubber feet are included to minimize the vibration transferred from the speaker to the stand, shelf, or cabinet. This will also help to protect the finish of the loudspeaker and the mounting location. The rubber feet add 0.25" to the height of the speaker.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.