Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Boston Acoustics Pro60 SE
6-3/4" component speaker system also fit 6-1/2" openings
Our take on the Boston Acoustics Pro60 SE by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Boston Acoustics designed the PRO60 SE component speaker system to bring high fidelity sound into your mobile environment. The package combines two 6-3/4" woofers, a pair of 1" dome tweeters, and a set of sophisticated crossover networks to deliver superior reproduction of everything from light classical to the heaviest rock.
Accurate, powerful bass
A rigid cast-aluminum frame supports the tough copolymer woofer cone so that no extraneous vibrations interfere with the clean reproduction of your music. The woofer's lightweight neodymium magnet and large voice coil help transfer electrical energy into sound efficiently and precisely. Boston's proprietary heatsinks and air vents keep the speaker's inner workings running cool, ensuring dependable and long-term play. The included adapter brackets let you install the woofers in 6-1/2" or 5"x7" factory openings.
Superb high-frequency response
The 1" dome tweeter, made of a lightweight metallic alloy, produces crisp, detailed high notes without being harsh. For best results, you should mount the component tweeters separately so they'll broadcast the high frequencies more directly to your ears. If that's not an option in your vehicle, a unique design lets you install these tweeters in the woofer cones, so they'll mount in your vehicle's factory speaker locations.
The crossovers use separate high- and low-pass filters to assign the appropriate frequencies to the woofers and tweeters in the proper balance. You can adjust the tweeter level to improve high-frequency balance, and also to compensate for a tweeter that's been axis-mounted on the woofer. The crossovers can be docked together to provide another convenient installation option.
Important Note: These Boston Acoustics speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with virtually all factory and aftermarket stereos.
Note: Boston describes this model as a 6-1/2" speaker. Most manufacturers designate this same frame size as a 6-3/4" speaker. For simplicity's sake we list it as a 6-3/4" speaker.
Love this set of speaker they sound very clean
Anonymous, Chula vista, CA
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (installed in axis mount)
- 2 Tweeter axis mounts (installed)
- 4 Axis mount bolts (installed)
- 2 Woofer crossovers
- 2 Tweeter crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille frames
- 2 Tweeter grilles
- 4 Woofer gaskets
- Two 5' lengths of tweeter speaker wire (each with gold-plated 0.11" male quick slides on one end and 0.11" female quick slides on the other end)
- 2 Flush mount tweeter cups
- 2 Angle mount tweeter bases (bottom sections)
- 2 Angle mount tweeter housings (top sections)
- Two metal 6-3/4" rings (converts ear tabs to full flange)
- Two metal 6-3/4" multi-hole adapter rings
- Two metal 5"x7" adapters
- Two 1/2" Spacer rings (convert to 6-1/2" opening)
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws for securing tweeter mounts
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- Two 2-piece metal tweeter spring mounting clips
- 3/32" Hex bit for Allen-head screws
- Sixteen 1-1/8" Self-tapping Allen-head screws
- Six 1/4" Allen-head machine screws (8-32)
- Six 11/16" Allen-head machine screws (8-32)
- 8 Flat washers
- 4 Insulated female quick slides (2 x 0.205" and 2 x 0.11")
- Woofer hardware bag contents list
- 2.5mm Hex key (with plastic handle)
- Installation Instructions
- Tweeter removal instructions
- Warranty information
- Product Registration card
- component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters, two external crossovers
- 6-3/4" copolymer woofer with rubber surround and cast aluminum basket
- 1" Type-M1 anodized alloy dome tweeter with axis-, flush-, and surface-mount options
- dockable crossover with bi-wire and bi-amp options
- also fits 6-1/2" and 5"x7" openings (use supplied adapter brackets and redrill screw holes)
- grilles included
- power range: 2-125 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-3/8"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Boston Acoustics Pro60 SE Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 3/4|
|Tweeter Composition||Anodized alloy|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||50 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||125|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||250|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/4|
Woofer: The PRO60SE component system includes copolymer woofers with rubber surrounds. Each woofer has a 1-1/2" diameter voice coil and a neodymium magnet which has a high power-to-weight ratio and a compact size; about one-tenth the size of traditional iron-ferrite magnets. The speaker features a cast-aluminum basket, Radiavent cooling, and an integrated Twinstage aluminum heat sink to draw heat away from the voice coil, increasing the power handling capacity.
Tweeter: The PRO60SE includes 1" Type M-1 anodized alloy dome tweeters with AMD (Amplitude Modification Device) for a smooth high frequency response and linearity. AMD is a patented acoustical tuning device that uses precisely sized hollow tubes positioned in front of the tweeter to refocus short wavelength energy and create an extremely smooth, flat response. This is done without using elaborate electronic components that can degrade the sound's purity. The supplied Quick-fit mounting cup simplifies tweeter installation. The tweeters come mounted to the woofer using the axis-mount bracket; they can be removed and with the supplied brackets be flush-mounted or surface-mounted at an angle.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Angled Surface Mount||1.870"||Screw holes only||1.502"||Screw depth only|
Note: See Fit Notes below for PRO60SE dimensions when configured as a coaxial speaker.
Crossovers: The PRO60SE system comes with separate woofer and tweeter crossovers for each channel. Each crossover can be mounted separately, docked in pairs, or all four crossovers docked together and mounted as one unit. The crossover inputs and outputs are set screw terminals and will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge. The following crossover adjustments can be made:
- Tweeter Attenuation: On the tweeter crossovers, you can adjust the tweeter output by placing the supplied jumper on the appropriate terminals; select an un-attenuated tweeter output (0dB attenuation) or an attenuated output of -2dB or -4dB. The factory setting is -2dB.
- Axis/Component Configuration: On the woofer crossovers you can set the output for axis mount or component configuration. If the tweeter is mounted to the woofer using the axis mount bracket, the jumper should be placed on the Axis terminals (factory position). If the tweeter is removed from the woofer and mounted separately in the flush-mount or angled surface-mount cups, the jumper should be placed on the component terminals.
- Input Configurations:
- Separate Inputs: Each crossover (woofer and tweeter) has independent inputs, allowing you bi-amp (separately powering the woofer and tweeter with different amplifier channels) or bi-wire (powering the woofer and tweeter with separate wires from the same amplifier channels) the system. The supplied signal bridge, which shorts the woofer and tweeter inputs together, is removed to bi-amp or bi-wire.
- Single Input: When powering the component system with a single full-range input, you will need to connect the woofer and tweeter crossover inputs together. This can be accomplished using the supplied signal bridge when the woofer and tweeter crossovers are mounted together.
- Daisy Chain: When not mounted together, the
woofer and tweeter crossovers can be daisy-chained together. The signal
output from the amplifier is connected to one of the crossover's inputs;
the signal output from that crossover is then wired to the other
Note: No crossover frequency or slope information was provided by the manufacturer.
- Length: 6.476"
- Height: 1.560"
- Individual: 1.961"
- Pair: 3.789"
- All four: 7.405"
PRO60SE Coaxial Mounting: When the tweeters are mounted on the axis mount, the PRO60SEs have the following dimensions:
|Mounting Height||Flange Height||Cutout Diameter||Frame Diameter|
|5x7/6x8||2.333"||1.267"||0.947"||5.302"||5.82" x 8.03"|
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.