Shoe mount flash
Our take on the Fujifilm EF-X20 by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The EF-X20 hot shoe flash works with select Fujifilm cameras to improve the look of your flash photography. Its build quality, enhanced with premium metal elements, is especially designed to complement the styling of Fujifilm's acclaimed X-Series cameras. This powerful-yet-compact add-on flash lets you shoot in very-low-light conditions.
The EF-X20 features a redesigned locking mechanism that enables you to mount or remove it from your camera in seconds. One button push (not a knurled locking screw) makes everything secure or free so you're ready for the next shot.
The flash is wirelessly enabled, so it can serve as a master or slave unit in a multi-flash setup. Plus, with the touch of a lever, the on-board diffuser optimizes the unit for short focal-length shots, so you won't have to worry about it overwhelming your closer subjects. With advanced automatic exposure control, this easy-to-use flash works together with your Fujifilm camera to provide just the right illumination for your photos every time.
- TTL (through-the-lens) flash exposure control
- fully automatic operation with select Fujifilm cameras, including the X-Pro1 and SL300
- crafted from premium metal materials to complement Fujifilm X-Series cameras
- wireless selector enables unit to serve as master or slave flash in a multiple flash setup
- push-button release makes for quick response as lighting circumstances change
- built-in wide angle diffuser supports short focal lengths down to 20mm equivalent (guide number changes to 12)
- guide number: 20 (ISO, m/ft)
- color temperature: approx. 5,600K
- approximate number of flashes:
- alkaline: 60
- NiMH: 90
- recycling time:
- alkaline: 6 sec.
- NiMH: 5 sec.
- uses 2 "AAA" batteries, alkaline or Ni-MH (not included)
- weight: 3.5 oz. (without batteries)
- 2-9/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 2-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EF-X20 flash
- Soft vinyl case
- Stand/tripod adapter
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fren/Spa + 4 others)
- Fujifilm Worldwide Network
- Warranty Booklet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Fujifilm EF-X20 is a shoe mount flash unit for use with Fujifilm cameras equipped with an accessory hot shoe, including the Fujifilm X-Pro1, FinePix X100 and FinePix HS20EXR.
Built-in Wide Panel: When using a wide-angle lens, the flash may not cover all of the area being photographed. In this case, the built-in wide panel should be used to diffuse the light to a wider area. On the side of the flash head is a simple lever that will move the wide panel into place. The wide panel makes the flash compatible with a focal length of up to 28mm (35mm equivalent).
TTL Flash Photography: TTL (through-the-lens) flash control automatically adjusts flash output for optimal brightness. The flash also responds to changes in camera settings, allowing the flash to be used at shutter speeds slower than the flash sync speed. You can fine tune the flash output in 7 steps from -1 EV to +1 EV using the top-mounted Exposure Setting dial.
Manual Flash Output: Using the Exposure Setting dial, you can manually adjust the output level of the flash as follows: Full (1/1), 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, or 1/64.
Slave Mode: The EF-X20 can be used as a slave flash unit, and will fire in response to direct or indirect light from a flash on the camera. The supplied adapter allows you to mount the flash onto a tripod for remote placement, or you can place the flash on a tabletop. The Slave Flash Selector on the bottom of the flash head lets you set the mode to N-Mode (non-pre-flash) or P-Mode (pre-flash). (The switch should be in X-mode when the flash is on the camera).
Power Requirements: The EF-X20 is powered by 2 "AAA" batteries (not included). You can use either Alkaline or Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries. The number of flashes and recycling time for each battery type is as follows:
|Number of Flashes |
|Recycling Time |
|2 "AAA" Alkaline||Approx. 60||Approx. 6 seconds|
|2 "AAA" NiMH||Approx. 90||Approx. 5 seconds|
- Guide Number (ISO 100, meters): 20 (12 with wide panel)
- Color Temperature: Approximately 5600K at full power
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Dimensions: W=2.523", H=1.658", D=2.053"
- Weight: 3.5 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
It is not a recommended accessory for the Sony Alpha a7, no. [ Ryan Nov 07, 2017 ] Staff