Fujifilm Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR
Weather-resistant zoom lens for Fujifilm X-Mount cameras
Item # 072XF1655 | MFR # 16443072
$1,199.95 Earn up to 1,200 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Fujifilm Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A lens for all seasons
From capturing razor-sharp closeups and wide-angle group shots, to recording expressive portraits in existing light, the versatile Fujifilm XF 16-55mm zoom lens can handle each situation with ease. And if that's all you ever needed it for, this outstanding lens with its light-gathering, constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, rugged metal construction, and exquisite finish and feel would be well worth the price. But Fujifilm gave this lens another skill set that really sets it apart — a weather-resistant, dust-resistant, and freeze-proof design. This makes it the perfect choice for outdoor winter and nature photography with one of Fujifilm's rugged X-T1 cameras.
Superior construction and optical quality
Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements and three aspherical glass element give you in-focus images with excellent edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range. Fujifilm's exclusive Nano-GI (Gradient Index) lens coating technology effectively reduces flare and ghosting for more vivid, life-like shots. And this lens's Twin Linear Motor design delivers lightning-fast, near-silent autofocus for better video footage and unobtrusive shooting in quiet locations.
- Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent focal range: 24-84mm
- compatible with Fujifilm X-Mount cameras like the X-Pro1 and X-T1
- dust-proof, weather-resistant construction
- operates at temperatures down to -10°C
- Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating to reduce ghosting and flare
- Twin Linear Motor design for fast, silent autofocus
- rounded 9-blade aperture design for more natural out-of-focus image areas
- minimum focus distance: 12 inches (Macro mode), 24 inches (Normal mode)
- minimum aperture: f/22
- constructed of 17 elements in 12 groups
- includes three extra-low dispersion and three aspherical lens elements for added sharpness and chromatic aberration control
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 5-1/8" long, 3-5/16" in diameter
- weight: 23.1 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
What's in the Box:
- Fujinon XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR zoom lens
- 77mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Lens hood
- Soft lens pouch
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty booklet
- Fujifilm Worldwide Network
- Manual correction sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Fujinon XF16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR is a standard zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-84mm. Its weather-resistant and dust-resistant finish lets you use the lens in extreme shooting conditions, including temperatures as low as 14°F. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and a cloth storage pouch.
Optics: The XF16-55mm lens has 17 elements in 12 groups, including three aspherical lens elements and three ED glass lens elements to reduce chromatic and axial chromatic aberrations give you edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range. The lens has a 77mm filter thread for adding screw-on filters. The HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) multi-layer coating reduces lens flare and ghosting, especially in backlight conditions. In addition, a newly-developed Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology alters the refractive index between glass and air to effectively reduce ghosting and flare from diagonal incident light.
Twin Linear Motor: For faster auto-focusing, the lens uses an inner focusing system and a Twin Linear Motor.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with a bayonet-style lens hood to reduce glare and to protect the front element. When attached, the lens hood adds approximately 2" to the overall length of the lens. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens for storage.
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 16-55mm (24-84mm)
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups (including 3 aspherical and 3 extra-low dispersion (ED) elements)
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Aperture Control: 9 rounded diaphragm blades; Stop Size: 1/3 EV (19 steps)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.16x (telephoto)
- Filter size: 77mm
- Angle of View: 83.2° - 29°
- Focus Range:
- Normal: 23.6" (0.6m) to infinity (whole zoom position)
- Macro: Wide: 11.811" to 32'-9" (30cm to 10m); Telephoto: 15.75" to 32'-9" (40cm to 10m)
- Diameter: 3.278"
- Length: 4.353" (5.028" with caps)
- Weight: 23.1 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I plan to shoot indoor family shots for Christmas and this lens has the low light capabilities and flexibility to shoot small groups of people. The overall quality is very appealing as well. THANKS Crutchfield for the selection and quick delivery services!! Merry Christmas to you all. [ Larry Dec 21, 2017 ]
To add to my Fuji X lenses. [ JOSEPH Jun 14, 2017 ]
Frequently Compared With
Fujifilm Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR
Weather-resistant zoom lens for Fujifilm X-Mount cameras$1,199.95
Sony SEL2470Z Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4
Standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
L Series standard zoom lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
Zoom lens for Nikon SLR cameras