Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Focal FPP 2100
2-channel car amplifier 80 watts RMS x 2
Item # 091FPP2100 | MFR # FPP 2100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Focal FPP 2100by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Focal Power Performance (FPP) amplifiers give your music the clean, powerful boost it needs to sound its best. Their ultra-high frequency response reproduces all the harmonics and overtones that make vocals and instruments sound natural. You can use the FPP 2100 2-channel amp to drive a pair of speakers with 80 watts RMS each, or you can bridge it to mono mode to send up to 260 watts RMS to a subwoofer for high-quality bass fill. Either way, Focal power will give you superior performance for your system.
Solid, smart construction
The FPP 2100 sports a heavy aluminum chassis that disperses heat efficiently, so it runs cool even when you're pushing your system hard. This FPP amp also includes high-level inputs with signal-sensing, so you can hook one up to any receiver even a factory stereo without needing a separate turn-on lead.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 80 watts RMS CEA-2006 x 2 at 4 ohms
- 140 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 260 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- differential-balanced inputs help eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- frequency response: 10-60,000 Hz
- speaker-level and preamp inputs
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 1
- 9-3/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Black two-channel amplifier
- Two 25 amp ATO fuses (one installed)
- Four 2-3/4" Allen-head self-tapping screws
- 12" Speaker-level input harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 5mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5m Allen wrench
- 4 Adhesive backed rubber washers
- User Manual (English/ French)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
80 x 2
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||140 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||260 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-60k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Focal Power Performance series amplifiers feature a class-AB design for excellent sound quality. The aluminum chassis efficiently dissipates heat to protect the amp from thermal overload. The compact size makes the amp easier to install in tight places. The front-mounted connections and top-mounted controls are easily accessible for a clean installation.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise, and at a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Following the CEA-2006 criteria, the FPP 2100 is rated at 80 Watts RMS x 2 channels with an 80dBA signal to noise ratio.
2-Ohm Stable: When powering two speakers the amplifier is stable down to 2-ohms. The amplifier is rated at 140 Watts RMS x 2 channels in 2 ohms.
Bridgeable: The FPP 2100 can be bridged to one channel, outputting 260 Watts x 1-channel into 4 ohms.
Top-mounted Controls: The amplifier has controls conveniently mounted on the top panel under a removable cover. The controls include:
- Gain Control: rotary control; continuously variable from 0.2 volts to 5.0 volts for the line level inputs and 0.4 volts to 9.0 volts for the speaker level inputs
- Crossover Switch: 3-way switch; select the crossover operation as High-pass, Full-range, or Low-Pass
- Frequency: rotary control; the crossover point is continuously variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz; the slope is 12 dB/octave
Front-mounted Terminals: The FPP 2100 has all of its connections on the front of the amplifier for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Speaker Outputs: two pair of set-screw terminals for connecting speakers; they accept up to 7-gauge wire; tightened/loosened with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Hi Level Input: 4-pin Molex jack for use with the supplied speaker level input harness
- Line Input: Left and right RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit
- ATO Fuse: the amp is protected by a single 25-amp ATO-type fuse; a spare fuse is included with the amplifier
- Power: two set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground cables; they can accept up to 3-gauge wire, however, an 8-gauge wiring kit is sufficient for this amp; tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench
- Remote: set screw terminal for the remote turn-on lead; will accept up to 7-gauge wire; tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench
Auto Power On: When using the speaker level input, the Auto Power On circuit senses an input signal and turns the amp on automatically. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Protection Circuitry: The FPP amplifiers employ four protection circuits: short circuit, thermal overload, over voltage, and polarity reversal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.