Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Focal FPP 4100
4-channel car amplifier 75 watts RMS x 4
Item # 091FPP4100 | MFR # FPP 4100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Focal FPP 4100 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Focal Power Performance (FPP) amplifiers give your music the clean, powerful boost it needs to sound its best. Their ultra-high frequency response reproduces all the harmonics and overtones that make vocals and instruments sound natural.
You can use FPP 4100 4-channel amp to drive two sets of speakers with 75 watts RMS each, or you can bridge it to 2-channel mode to send up to 240 watts RMS each to a pair of subs for high-quality bass fill. In 3-channel mode, you can bridge the rear channels to power a sub with 240 watts, while still driving your front speakers with 75 watts each. Whatever role this amp plays, Focal power will give you superior performance for your system.
The FPP 4100 sports a heavy aluminum chassis that disperses heat efficiently, so it runs cool even when you're pushing your system hard. This FPP amp also includes high-level inputs with signal-sensing, so you can hook one up to any receiver — even a factory stereo — without needing a separate turn-on lead. Focal includes a remote control that allows you to control your bass from the front seat.
Recently upgraded my car amp , 1. Clean & clear, without making the tweeters sounding too bright 2. Detailed mid bass. 3. Bass is now much more tight & punchy. Used to be kind of boomy earlier. 4. Supplied wired remote is quite responsive.
john walder, lynchburg va
What's in the Box:
- Black four-channel amplifier
- Four 25 amp ATO fuses (two installed)
- Four 2-3/4" Allen-head self-tapping screws
- Two 12" Speaker-level input harnesses (each with a 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- External remote control
- 15' External remote control cable (RJ-14 plug on both ends)
- 5mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5m Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 4 Adhesive backed rubber washers
- User Manual (English/ French)
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS CEA-2006 x 4 at 4 ohms
- 140 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 240 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- wired remote included
- Class-AB amplifier design
- differential-balanced inputs help eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- frequency response: 10-60,000 Hz
- speaker-level and preamp inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 14-15/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Focal FPP 4100 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||140 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||240 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-60k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Focal Power Performance series amplifiers feature a class-AB design for excellent sound quality. The aluminum chassis efficiently dissipates heat to protect the amp from thermal overload. The compact size makes the amp easier to install in tight places. The front-mounted connections and top-mounted controls are easily accessible for a clean installation.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise, and at a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Following the CEA-2006 criteria, the FPP 4100 is rated at 75 Watts RMS x 4 channels with an 80dBA signal to noise ratio.
2-Ohm Stable: When powering four speakers the amplifier is stable down to 2-ohms. The amplifier is rated at 140 Watts RMS x 4 channels in 2 ohms.
Bridgeable: Either half (channels 1-2 and/or channels 3-4) of the FPP 4100 can be bridged to one channel. If both sides are bridged, the power output is 240 Watts x 2-channels into 4 ohms.
Top-mounted Controls: The amplifier has controls conveniently mounted on the top panel under a removable cover. The controls include:
- Gain Controls: independent rotary controls for channels 1-2 and channels 3-4; continuously variable from 0.2 volts to 5.0 volts for the line level inputs and 0.4 volts to 9.0 volts for the speaker level inputs
- Crossover Switches: independent 3-way switches for channels 1-2 and channels 3-4; select the crossover operation as High-pass, Full-range, or Low-Pass
- Frequency: independent rotary controls for channels 1-2 and channels 3-4; the crossover points are continuously variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz; the slope is 12 dB/octave
Front-mounted Terminals: The FPP 4100 has all of its connections on the front of the amplifier for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Speaker Outputs: four pair of set-screw terminals for connecting speakers; they accept up to 10-gauge wire; tightened/loosened with the supplied 2mm Allen wrench
- External Remote: RJ-14 jack for use with the included external remote control; the external remote controls the output level of channels 3 and 4
- Line Inputs: Left and right channel 1-2 and left and right channel 3-4 RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit
- Hi Level Inputs: two 4-pin Molex jacks for use with the supplied speaker level input harnesses
- Fader: when only one set of inputs is used (channels 1-2 and not channels 3-4), engaging the fader button sends those inputs to channels 3-4 in addition to channels 1-2
- Fuses: the amp is protected by two 25-amp ATO-type fuses; spare fuses are included with the amplifier
- Power: two set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground cables; they can accept up to 3-gauge wire; a 4-gauge wiring kit is recommended for this amp; tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench
- Remote: set screw terminal for the remote turn-on lead; will accept up to 7-gauge wire; tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench
External Remote Control: The amp has an RJ-14 jack for use with the included external wired remote control. The amplifier also includes a 15' cable to connect the remote to the amplifier. This remote allows you to adjust the output level of channels 3-4 from your listening position. The remote features a rotary knob and a power LED that illuminates when the amplifier is powered on. The remote has two screw holes and can be mounted under the dash (mounting screws not included). The wired remote dimensions are:
- Width: 1-5/8"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 1-3/4" (2-3/8" including knob and wiring)
Auto Power On: When using the speaker level inputs, the Auto Power On circuit senses an input signal and turns the amp on automatically. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Protection Circuitry: The FPP amplifiers employ four protection circuits: short circuit, thermal overload, over voltage, and polarity reversal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.