Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Thule Sonic™ Cargo Carrier (Black)
Available in four sizes (Large)
Our take on the Thule Sonic™ Cargo Carrier (Black) by Crutchfield's Jon Paulette
Available in four sizes:
- Alpine: Measures 95" L x 27" W x 11" H . Holds 11 cubic feet of cargo.
- Large: Measures 72" L x 34" W x 16" H. Holds 13 cubic feet of cargo.
- X Large: Measures 89" L x 34" W x 16" H. Holds 17 cubic feet of cargo.
- XX Large: Measures 99" H x 37" W x 17" H. Holds 22 cubic feet of cargo.
The Sonic fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks. Thule's patented rear-angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance.
Easy to install. Just as promised. Awesome for our Yukon XL. Well worth the extra money for the XXL version. Holds our six skis and 3 boot bags. Very quite and did not effect our gas mileage.
Anonymous, East Aurora, NY.
What's in the Box:
- Cargo box
- 4 AcuTight mounting hardware
- 4 Cradles
- 4 Slide-strips
- 2 Lid lifters
- 2 Handles
- 6 Mounting screws
- 2 Tie-down strips
- 2 Keys
- 2 Lock cylinders
- Installation Instructions
- Large: holds 13 cubic feet of cargo
- patented AeroNose design reduces drag and wind noise
- fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- patented rear-angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting "clicks" when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- oversized SecureLock ensures the box is closed securely and properly prior to driving
- dual doors allow loading and unloading from either side of the vehicle
- low-profile design looks great and fits into most garage/parking structures
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Thule Sonic™ Cargo Carrier (Black) Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Thule Sonic Large 634: The Sonic Box offers value and space while still offering key conveniences.
- Patented AeroNose Design reduces drag and noise making it the most aerodynamic box available.
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance.
- AcuTight Mounting "clicks" when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack.
- SecureLock ensures that all gear is locked and box is properly closed prior to driving
- Dual-Side opening for easier loading and unloading from either side of the vehicle
- Fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- 2 One-Key Locks (included) secure box contents and lock the box to the carrier
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
Shipping is going to be determined by your location. We don't stock this item, but we'll be glad to get it for you. We cannot give you an estimated time of arrival until after we book your order with the manufacturer. After you order, you can view the ETA by checking your order status online. [ Kenny Jan 09, 2016 ] Staff
We show the weight of this as 88 pounds. I would recommend at least two people to get it onto an SUV. [ Jeff Dec 12, 2013 ] Staff