Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
iPod® control interface for Eclipse stereos
Our take on the Eclipse IPC-106 by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
Eclipse's iPC-106 interface adapter makes it easy to integrate an iPod into your mobile audio system. Just install the interface box in an out-of-the-way spot, connect it to the CD changer input on your Eclipse stereo, and hook up your iPod.
With the iPC-106 connected to a compatible Eclipse stereo, you can access just about all of the iPod's functions play/pause, fast forward/rewind, repeat, and random with the controls on your Eclipse stereo. You'll be able to find the music you want quickly, since album title, artist name, or track information show up on the Eclipse display. The adapter will even charge your iPod while it's connected.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
What's in the Box:
- iPod interface adapter
- 55" DIN cable (has a round 13-pin connector on each end)
- 57" Interconnecting cable (has a Dock connector on one end and a 13-pin connector on the other end)
- 58" Power harness (has in-line 5A fuse and fuse holder)
- 3 Sections of foam harness fixing tape
- 2 Self-adhesive hook-and-loop fasteners
- Four 7.5" cable ties
- 3 Self-adhesive clamps
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty card
- Correction sheet
- "Caution" sheet
- iPod interface adapter for select Eclipse stereos
- includes adapter module and two connection cables
- for all docking iPods, including video iPods, iPod photos, iPod nanos, and iPod minis
- full iPod control is compatible with 2006 Eclipse stereos from model CD3000-up (limited playback and display functions with CD2000 and the AVN6600 video receiver)
- charges iPod battery while driving
- artist, track, or album information shows up on the stereo display
- dimensions: 4-3/4"W x 1-5/16"H x 3-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Eclipse IPC-106 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod audio in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This adapter allows an iPod portable digital music player including the iPod video (5th generation), iPod touch (1st/2nd generation), classic (80/120/160GB) and iPod nano (3rd/4th generation) or iPhone/iPhon3G with a dock connector to be hooked up to and controlled by 2002 or later Eclipse head units that support E-LAN. All the iPod's buttons will be disabled when connected to this adapter and the iPod will be controlled from the receiver.
Note: This adapter will not charge the iPhone3G, iPod touch 2nd generation, or iPod nano 4th generation without the Scosche passPORT (142IFWA). The iPod classic and nano 3rd generation should have the latest version 1.1 or higher installed for compatibility. This version can be downloaded from Apple's website.
Controls: Many 2007 and 2006 Eclipse CD and AVN head units support the iPod controller mode, allowing almost all of the iPod's functions to be operated from the main unit. While connected, the head unit will power the iPod, and charge the iPod's battery. You can perform playlist, album, artist, genre, or song searches. Playback functions include track up/down, fast forward/rewind, track repeat, track random play, and album random play. Display selections include song, album, or artist. If the main unit does not support iPod controller mode, you will have limited control of the iPod, including music advance, repeat play, random play, and text display. On these units, the iPod must be controlled in Changer or SIRIUS mode. The IPC-106 Interface Adapter for iPod is compatible with the following:
|2007 Models||2006 Models||2005 Models||2004 Models||2003 Models||2002 Models|
*supports iPod controller mode with full iPod control
Connections: The IPC-106 has the following connections:
- iPod: 13-pin jack that connects directly to the iPod using the supplied interconnecting cable
- LAN 1: 13-pin jack that connects to an optional changer
- LAN 2: 13-pin jack that connects to the head unit using the supplied DIN cable
- PWR: 2-pin jack for use with the supplied power harness
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.