Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Digital media receiver
Our take on the JVC KD-X250BT by Crutchfield's Jon Paulette
All the best in digital music
Have you decided that your days of digging around in your car for a CD are over? JVC designed their KD-X250BT digital media receiver to handle all your music devices, as well as giving you a significant upgrade in power over your factory radio. Plus, built-in Bluetooth® lets you enjoy hands-free calling and wireless streaming audio.
Go wireless with your Android™ or Blackberry™
Android™ and Blackberry™ users can control PANDORA® right from the stereo through the Bluetooth connection — no wires needed. JVC's Smart Music Control app lets you use your compatible Android phone's touchscreen to control the action using finger swipes and gestures — for example, make an upside-down "V" to change the source. With your Android phone safely attached to a mount, you can reach down and skip a track without taking your eyes off the road.
If you want to plug in a USB thumb drive and hit the road, you can put together a custom road mix using JVC Playlist Creator software on your Windows® PC.
Ready for for iPods and iPhones
The KD-X250 is made to work seamlessly with your iPhone or iPod. You can talk to Siri, of course, and the built-in iPod® controls let you access your playlists when you plug your iPod into the USB port on the front panel. If you're a Pandora® Internet Radio fan, you can connect your iPhone® and access basic controls like "play," "pause," "thumbs-up," and "thumbs-down" on the onscreen display. For added convenience, the 2-way control feature lets you pick your music using the head unit or the phone itself.
Do more with your USB connection
The powerful 1A USB port lets you keep a smartphone charged while it's performing many battery-draining tasks at once. And with your smartphone connected, you can listen to your phone's internal memory as one source and access the little microSD card as another. You can even pair two phones at once, so you'll never have to decide between the personal phone and the work phone again.
Expand your system
The KD-X250 offers the connections you'll need if you're planning to build a complete car audio system sometime in the future. When it's time to add a powered sub, you can switch the 2.5-volt preamp outputs over to subwoofer mode to control your bass from the receiver. A front aux input lets you hook up other gear, like a Dock & Play satellite radio.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the JVC, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Great for the price.
What's in the Box:
- Digital media receiver (with 10-amp ATC fuse inserted into chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone with integrated bracketed (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK52)
- CR2025 3V Lithium battery (installed)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Instructions (En/Fr/Sp)
- US Warranty Sheet
- Canadian Warranty Card
- "Caution!" note (attached to wiring harness)
- Face-fixing screw note
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- detachable face with single-line display
- USB 1A connection charges devices quicker
- built-in iPod control, 2-way iPod/iPhone control
- control PANDORA® from your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry smartphone
- Android app for gesture control over playback
- MP3/WMA/WAV compatible
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Separated Brightness Control for display and controls
- remote control
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- low-pass filters
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- inputs: front USB 1A port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt rear/sub)
Other features and specs:
JVC KD-X250BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Digital Media Receiver: The JVC KD-X250BT is a digital media receiver which supports a variety of audio sources such as the Apple iPod and iPhone, USB memory devices loaded with MP3/WMA music, and almost any portable audio player via the unit's front-panel aux input. The JVC digital media receiver also offers a built-in AM/FM tuner and supports Pandora Internet Radio (via iPhone/Android/BlackBerry) so you can listen to your favorite radio stations and online music. In addition, the JVC KD-X250BT supports Bluetooth audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free communication. The KD-X250BT comes with an IR wireless remote control, supports JVC Smart Remote app (for Android), and is factory steering wheel remote control compatible (via optional adapter, sold separately).
Note: The JVC KD-X250BT digital media receiver does not feature a CD mechanism and does not support CD-changer controls.
USB Port: The JVC Arsenal KD-X250BT features a front-panel USB 2.0 type-A port (behind a sliding cover) for connection of USB mass-storage class devices; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files stored on a portable USB mass-storage class device. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
MP3/WMA Music Files: The JVC KD-X250BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rate of 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05,
24, 32, 44.1, 48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-192kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/65,025 files (255 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tag|
Track/Folder List: The Track/Folder List displays a list of MP3/WMA folders and tracks on a connected USB memory device, so you can easily access your music.
Playback Modes: In addition to Normal playback, you can select from Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Track Repeat (plays the current track repeatedly), Folder Repeat (plays all tracks of the current folder repeatedly), Off (cancels repeat function)
- Random: Folder Random (plays all tracks of the current folder, then the tracks of the next folder in random), All Random (plays all tracks of the current USD device at random), Off (cancels random function)
USB Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected USB mass storage class device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
JVC Playlist Creator Compatible: JVC Playlist Creator is a free Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB (MSC) device from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB (MSC) device using JVC Playlist Creator through the KD-X250BT, you can search a file by song title, album name, artist name, or genre using the head unit's Quick Search function. The JVC Playlist Creator is a Windows-based software that can be downloaded for free from JVC's website to your PC. The JVC Playlist Creator is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output (great for those non-Apple/Android devices). Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The unit's front-panel auxiliary input can be turned On or Off.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The JVC KD-X250BT's front-panel USB port can acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the dock-to-USB cable or Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the JVC in-dash head unit. The head unit supports audio playback from music stored on your iPod/iPhone or music apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) streamed to your iPhone (not all music apps will be compatible).
- DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music or music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 80dB. The JVC head unit supports audio playback of music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps stored on your iPod or iPhone.
- Music Control: You can choose to operate your
iPod/iPhone through the JVC head unit's front-panel controls, from its
clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit Mode: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, and Composer. Music content for each category is listed alphabetically. The KD-X250BT also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of your iPod/iPhone. Your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen remains accessible in this mode. You can also control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from select music apps streamed to your iPhone.
- iPod Mode: You can choose to navigate your iPod or iPhone's stored music from its clickwheel or touchscreen, like you are accustomed to during normal usage. Basic playback control (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) can still be done through head unit for stored music and music apps.
- External (App) Mode: External Mode allows you to solely navigate your connected iPod/iPhone device through its clickwheel or touchscreen. Playback of your iPod/iPhone's stored music and streamed music apps is supported. The head unit's iPod/iPhone controls will be locked.
- iPod Display: The KD-X250BT will display your Apple device's stored music and streamed music app song/artist information, when in Head Unit and iPod mode (not in External mode), or listening to Pandora Internet Radio. The head unit can display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Artist title, and Station identification.
- iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded application will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The JVC KD-X250BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/19/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||External mode||Pandora app||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
JVC Smart Music Control (for Android): The free JVC Smart Music Control app for Android (OS 2.2+) from Google Play is two applications in one for the JVC KD-X250BT. It acts as a remote control via Bluetooth with gesture and voice command for the JVC head unit; plus provides an advanced music player for playback of music files stored on your Android when connected to the JVC head unit via USB.
- Remote Control: The JVC Smart Music Control app connects and controls the JVC head unit via Bluetooth like a wireless remote control. This application can display the JVC receiver's source information on the Android smartphone's screen, and enables you to perform operations of the JVC head unit from your compatible Android device via gesture or voice command. The JVC Smart Report App lets you use finger gesture commands on your Android smartphone to control the playback of the JVC head unit. This type of gesture control is designed to operate the JVC head unit from your smartphone without having to look at your smartphone. Gesture control operations include Finger tap, Finger hold, Finger click, Finger swipe (right/left/up/down), and Finger curve (right/left/up/down). Voice command with proximity sensor automatically activates voice recognition when you hold your compatible smartphone up to your mouth, so you can speak music playback commands into the phone. Your Android smartphone must support Bluetooth SPP.
- Music Player: By connecting the JVC digital media receiver via USB to an Android smartphone that has the JVC Smart Music Control app installed, it allows you to list and search all of the songs stored inside the smartphone from the receiver by artist name or album name. The JVC Smart Music Control app also analyzes all of your songs that are in your Android smartphone, and creates a playlist according to your mood. Once the application has completed the analysis of the songs, simply move the on-screen "mood ball" to your current mood, and this application will generate a list of songs that most fits your mood. Your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol.
Drive Change Mode (for BlackBerry): The JVC receiver's USB port also supports playback from BlackBerry smartphones (via USB mass storage mode). JVC's Drive Change Mode lets you connect your BlackBerry smartphone (that uses an external memory card) directly to the head unit, via USB. Drive Change Mode will let you switch between your BlackBerry smartphone's internal and external memory (such as microSD Card), so you can listen to music stored on either memory. You'll continue to be able control basic playback functions; such as folder/file search, play/pause, and skip next/previous; regardless of memory type.
Bluetooth Technology: The JVC KD-X250BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KD-X250BT. See JVC's Bluetooth compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with KD-X250BT before hands-free & wireless operation. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled devices with the JVC head unit. You can keep two phones connected at all times (only one can be used during a call).
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KD-X250BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (with mounting bracket) featuring adjustable gain, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers.
- Answering A Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately or after 3/5/10 seconds. The KD-X250BT also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing A Number: Using the KD-X250BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's front-panel rotary dial.
- Speed Dialing: You can store up to 6 contacts in the memory of this unit for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KD-X250BT. You can search through your contacts alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9). Up to 400 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
External Microphone: The JVC KD-X250BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.485" (depth).
Note: This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the JVC head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The JVC KD-X250BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KD-X250BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The KD-X250BT also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Digital Assistant Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the JVC KD-X250BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel control and external microphone. Simply press and hold the "phone command" button on the KD-X250BT to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the head unit and its microphone. The head unit will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the KD-X250BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KD-X250BT features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The head unit's Radio Timer features lets you tune into a preset station at a specific time regardless of the head unit's current source (you can activate the Radio Timer once, daily, or turn it completely off). If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation. You can also switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity.
Note: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Pandora Internet Radio: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The JVC KD-X250BT digital media receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
- Pandora App for iPhone: The JVC KD-X250BT provides complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone, via the head unit's front-panel USB port. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS5 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora App from Apple's iTunes App Store.
- Pandora via Android: The JVC KD-X250BT lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). To access Pandora from the JVC head unit, your Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Pandora Control: The JVC KD-X250BT will provide control over the Pandora music service streamed to your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Create New Station: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing on Pandora.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Information Display: The JVC KD-X250BT will display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KD-X250BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The KD-X250BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the KD-X250BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the KD-X250BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KD-X250BT with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to "low," the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to "high," and the volume control will range from 0 to 50.
2.5V/2CH Preamp Output: The KD-X250BT is equipped with two 2.5V preamp outputs (Rear/SW). You can set the Rear/SW preamp outputs for connecting a pair of full-range rear speakers (through an external amplifier) or for connecting a subwoofer (through an external amplifier). When set for rear speakers, the rear outputs operate with the unit's fader control. When set for subwoofer, the outputs are non-fading.
Subwoofer Controls: When the unit's Rear/SW preamp output is set to Subwoofer, you can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter at 55Hz, 85Hz, or 120Hz. You can adjust the head unit's subwoofer level between -8 and +8 (separate from the main volume level).
Pro EQ: The KD-X250BT is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Flat, Natural, Dynamic, Vocal Boost, Bass Boost, & User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||0.75, 1.0, 1.25|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||Fixed|
Note: You can store Pro EQ bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora).
Bass Boost: The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies.
Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. You can set this feature to High, Low, or Off.
Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face: The JVC KD-X250BT features a detachable face to deter theft (no face case is provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
LCD: The head unit features a 14-segment, one-line LCD with adjustable brightness and dimmer settings.
Brightness: The unit offers an adjustable display/button illumination brightness level (0-31) for day and nighttime driving.
Display/Button Illumination Dimmer: The display/button illumination dimmer can be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display/button illumination is always dimmed), or Auto (display dims when 12-volts is applied to the orange/white illumination lead).
Mounting Angle: For proper operation, you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
Wireless Remote Control: The KD-X250BT comes supplied with a wireless remote control (RM-RK52). The remote contains Attenuator, Sound, Source, Tracking, and Volume functions. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V Lithium-cell battery (included).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
8 questions already asked
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Jeff Jan 17, 2014 ] Staff
This will depend largely on your vehicle and how comfortable you are with doing an install. For details on installation please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Jeff Jan 02, 2014 ] Staff
This will depend largely on the speakers you have. For details on what you will need for your system please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. [ Jeff Dec 31, 2013 ] Staff
Full Pandora control when attached to usb. Seems to work better with Apple devices vs Android I own both. I like this unit except getting to audio controls takes awhile. Need to long press menu and scroll thru clunky menu [ STEPHEN C Dec 31, 2013 ]
Yes you can fully control Pandora from the receiver unit itself. no need to touch your phone. [ WILLIAM Dec 30, 2013 ]
I have found that thumbs up and down does not work on the radio. As far as changing songs it works perfect. [ TODD Dec 29, 2013 ]
Sorry, not sre about that one. Don't use it that way. [ DANNY Dec 29, 2013 ]
I just ran out to my truck and checked. Here's what I found. There are two ways to play Pandora from an Android phone with this stereo. Both ways require you connect your phone to the radio via Bluetooth. The first way is to use the Bluetooth audio input. This allows you to play Pandora from your Android phone through your stereo. It also will display the song info and you can skip songs using the normal skip button (to the left of the volume dial). However, with this method you must hit the thumb's up and thumbs down on your phone. The second option is to use the Pandora input itself. When you do that the Pandora interface on your phone shuts off and you can control it using the stereo buttons. Text is still displayed and you can use the thumbs up and down buttons the stereo. Hope this helps! [ COURTNEY E Dec 29, 2013 ]
yes it does it displays to the day of the week and the time [ MATTHEW T Dec 27, 2013 ]
YES, IT DEPENDS ON THE DISPLAY SETTING YOU CHOOSE BUT YES, IF YOU WANT IT TO IT WILL DISPLAY THE TIME AND IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY (WIFE'S CAR) I THINK IT DISPLAYS THE DATE AS WELL. [ GHAISON Dec 26, 2013 ]
Yes it can display the time if you desire. [ DIANE M Dec 26, 2013 ]
Yes it does. [ DAVID Dec 26, 2013 ]
This receiver does have a set of pre-amp outputs for connecting to an external amplifier. However, the install accessories are not included with this receiver. Please reach out to an Advisor by phone or chat to discuss the cost of the install accessories and make sure this is the best receiver for your system. [ Jeff Dec 02, 2013 ] Staff
I bought the unit for my son who is away in college. I have not been able to install the unit yet. [ JOHN Nov 19, 2013 ]
I'm really not sure, I have not even tried streaming a pnadora program through my wifes I phone yet. I mostly play MP3s through a USB thumb drive. Great sound and I would really think you could do this. I'd check with JVC. [ DANNY Nov 18, 2013 ]
I bought this for my daughter's car and she has no problem linking via either the Bluetooth or auxilliary input with her Iphone. It also recognizes my wife's Nokia Lumia 521. Good luck. [ One Of Each Please Nov 18, 2013 ]
I stream via bluetooth on my s3. I would think you would be able to as well. I've never tried aux jack. [ CASEY Nov 18, 2013 ]
well yes you can because i have the same model phone you have my friend [ MARVIN L Nov 18, 2013 ]
Yes, The Aux jack will work with any input with a 3.5mm jack. If your phone supports bluetooth audio output, that will also work. [ WILLIAM Nov 18, 2013 ]
I do not have that type of phone. But I am assuming since blutooth is a standard it shoudl play audio from that device on the JVC. I have used Samsung and the IPOD/IPAD via bluetooth, no issues. Aux jack, if you mean the audio input that is on the front, that should work for any device. [ NADIM Nov 18, 2013 ]
You can definitely use the aux jack to stream music. And you should be able to do it via Bluetooth we well so long as your phone supports it. [ COURTNEY E Nov 18, 2013 ]
You can stream any audio via BT on this unit, however you will not be able to control the app from the unit. It is merely a go between for the audio portion only between the phone and the speakers. I am unsure about a USB cable however, but I would assume you would have full functionality through the cable. It's a nice head unit, I put it into my wife's 99 Dodge Ram accompanied with an Audio Source amp and some Kicker 6X9's. It'll blow you out of the truck if you're not careful :-) [ DRAKE Nov 18, 2013 ]
If you click details on the specifications page for this particular receiver, click details and navigate about 1/3 of the page down it will show you a chart on ipod/iphone compatibility features. From what I can tell, the Pandora App, Bluetooth Phone/Siri, and Video display are not compatible. Althought bluetooth audio is compatible. [ JUSTIN Nov 22, 2013 ]
Rich I just don't know [ timothy Nov 18, 2013 ]
Rich. I don't know. I do not have a 7th generation Nano. Does it have Bluetooth? My wife connects her iPhone 4S and it connects fine using Bluetooth or her Apple cable via the USB port in front of the radio. When using the cable the phone maintains all functions. Music streaming seems to take longer than what I am used to when using Bluetooth. When it does, it works well enough. My assumption is that if the Nano has Bluetooth connectivity it uses the same type of Bluetooth connection system so it probably works ok. Crutchfield is good about returns so if the radio does not work the way you want I assume you can return it. Ask a representative to make sure. [ TONI Nov 18, 2013 ]