Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bluetooth® adapter for select JVC receivers
Our take on the JVC KS-BTA50 by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
Add hands-free calling to your JVC Arsenal KD-A725 or JVC KD-R720 CD receiver. This handy JVC Bluetooth adapter lets you answer incoming calls and place outgoing calls with compatible phones all without having to fumble around for your cell phone.
To get started, plug the KS-BTA50 into your compatible JVC stereo's rear USB input, then mount the included microphone. Once it's all connected, setup only takes a few minutes, and you'll be on your way to safer driving, talking with both hands on the wheel and keeping your eyes on the road. If your phone has voice recognition dialing, you'll even be able to dial your favorite numbers just by saying a name.
Note: Compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Awesome product, super simple to use.
Anonymous, Los Angeles, Cali
What's in the Box:
- KS-UBT1 USB Bluetooth adapter
- Microphone (with attached 9.75' cord terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Visor bracket
- Self-adhesive mounting bracket
- KS-BTA50 Instructions
- KSU-BT1 Instructions
- Bluetooth wireless adapter for JVC receivers with dual-USB inputs
- place and accept calls hands-free via the wireless connection
- included microphone
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JVC KS-BTA50 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The JVC KS-BTA50 Bluetooth Kit includes JVC's USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) and an external microphone with mounting bracket. The JVC KS-BTA50 provides Bluetooth hands-free communication and audio streaming support through your compatible 2011 Bluetooth-ready JVC in-dash headunit.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, as well as wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled portable music player using the JVC in-dash multimedia receiver. Bluetooth wireless technology operates on a 2.4GHZ frequency band within a range of approximately 10 meters (about 33 feet).
JVC Headunit Compatibility: The JVC KS-BTA50 Bluetooth Kit is compatible with the following 2011 Bluetooth-ready JVC in-dash headunits (as of April 2011).
USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1): The included JVC USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) can be connected to your compatible Bluetooth-ready JVC headunit via its front-panel or rear-panel USB (type-A) port.
Bluetooth Compatibility: The JVC KS-BTA50 is Bluetooth (v.2.0) certified and supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming. The following Bluetooth profiles are supported.
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile): Hands-free communication with your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone in the vehicle (incoming/outgoing calls supported).
- OPP (Object Push Profile): Phonebook transfer from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to the headunit.
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile): Phonebook access from your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone to the headunit.
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile): Music streaming from your Bluetooth enabled phone or audio player to the headunit.
- AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile): Basic music playback control of your Bluetooth enabled phone or audio player from the headunit.
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with the JVC KS-BTA50 before hands-free & wireless operation. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled devices with the JVC KS-BTA50. You can keep two phones connected at all times (only one can be used during a call).
Note: Not all Bluetooth devices will be compatible. Visit http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/car/bluetooth/ for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The JVC KS-BTA50 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone through your compatible Bluetooth-ready JVC headunit. The controls of your compatible JVC headunit can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, end a call, view SMS, and switch between Private/Hands-free mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker, your JVC headunit's display will flash, and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from your JVC headunit's front-panel control or setup the headunit to automatically answer the incoming call.
- Dialing a Number: Using your compatible JVC headunit,
you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways.
- Entering a Phone Number: directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from your JVC headunit
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing
- Phone Book: download phone book data from your cell phone; up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone
- Call Log: a list of calls (outgoing/incoming/missed-50 each) that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial
- Voice Dialing: if your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command - simply speak into the included microphone
- SMS: You can wirelessly download the short message (SMS) arrived at your cell-phone so that is can be read on your Bluetooth connected JVC headunit. Your cell-phone must support SMS for this feature to function. The SMS downloaded to this unit is cleared when this unit is turned off. You cannot send text messages using this unit (read only).
- Private/Hands-Free Mode: During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
External Microphone: The JVC KS-BTA50 includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the level of the microphone without affecting the other sources (through your compatible JVC headunit).
Mic Installation: The external microphone features an attached 9.75' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the headunit. The microphone comes with a visor clip to mount the mic to your vehicle's sun-visor, and a self-adhesive mounting bracket to mount the mic to your dash or side-mount pillar.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The included Bluetooth USB Adapter (KS-UBT1) also supports audio playback and control of a Bluetooth enabled audio player through your compatible JVC in-dash headunit. Your compatible JVC in-dash headunit will be able to control basic playback features such as Play/Pause, Track/Folder Select, Fast Forward/Reverse, and Skip Next/Previous.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.