Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JVC Arsenal KW-V200BT
Our take on the JVC Arsenal KW-V200BT by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
Audio/video center with a 2-year warranty
JVC's KW-V200BT DVD receiver features an easy-to-read, variable-color, 6.1" touchscreen display that lets you locate the music you want fast, along with Bluetooth® for hands-free calls and music streaming. With its built-in DVD player, USB port, and audio/video input, you've got a complete entertainment hub for your journeys. And JVC backs up this Arsenal Series receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Bluetooth lets you concentrate on driving
Bluetooth gives you hands-free calling convenience, plus a wireless connection to the songs stored on your compatible music player. If you're an Android® user, you've probably had issues with pairing up your phone in the past. You'll really appreciate this receiver's simple, secure pairing (SSP) technology, which eliminates the pain of remembering pin codes. JVC includes an external Bluetooth microphone which you can place in a good spot in your vehicle for better hands-free communication.
Got an iPhone® with Siri? The KW-V200BT supports Siri Eyes Free through Bluetooth, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through the receiver. This convenient feature can make your drive safer and more productive.
Lots of musical options
JVC lets you enjoy your favorite Pandora® stations on the road. Just plug in your iPhone (or pair up your Android or Blackberry), and you'll have touchscreen control right in your dash, with artist and song info on the big display. And you'll enjoy the rest of your digital music too — plug your iPod® or iPhone into the USB input, and you can tap your way through all your tunes and playlists on this JVC's responsive touchscreen. If you're not an iPod user, you can load up a USB drive or a recordable disc with music files — it's easy to fit hundreds of tracks on either one, and you can still dive in using the touchscreen.
The AM/FM tuner includes the Radio Data System (RDS), so you get station info on the display. You can also take your radio experience to the next level by adding the compatible satellite radio tuner, so you can get the latest news, talk, and music from your favorite SiriusXM stations anywhere you go.
Video on the go
You can use the front or rear audio/video inputs to hook up your favorite portable audio player, a camcorder, or another video source. The KW-V200BT boasts an audio/video output to send movies to a rear video screen, so your passengers will stay happy during the longest road trips. If you've got a big vehicle, you'll appreciate the input for a rear-view camera — helpful for when you're maneuvering your vehicle in tight spaces.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the JVC, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Outstanding radio for the money. Does everything great. Very easy to navigate. Has great custamizable features. The hands free calling works great with my Iphone 4s as does the Pandora function.
Jason, mchenry, IL
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN DVD receiver w/ 6.1" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Remote control (RM-RK256)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Microphone w/ integrated bracketed (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 6 Pan head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 6 Flat head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Information
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1" widescreen touchscreen with Gesture Control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- App Link Mode for control of music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone 4/4S
- Pandora control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry
- Siri Eyes Free control with select iPhones using Bluetooth
- variable color display illumination
- USB 1A connection provides extra power for charging devices
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- AM/FM tuner includes Radio Data System (RDS)
- wireless remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see "Details" for full capabilities)
- Pro EQ with 8 preset sound modes and 3-band parametric EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- dual-zone audio and video
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, front aux input, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: audio/video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JVC Arsenal KW-V200BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.1" TFT LCD Touchscreen Monitor: The KW-V200BT features a 6.1" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 touchscreen monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. The LCD serves as a video monitor, system information display, and touchscreen control panel.
- Gesture Control: Gesture Control lets you operate certain functions of the KW-V200BT by making specific gesture commands on the unit's touchscreen. You can adjust the volume of the multimedia receiver by making a circular motion with your finger on the unit's touchscreen. You'll also be able to navigate your music by simply swiping the touchscreen left/right or up/down.
- Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the head unit's touchscreen monitor, the KW-V200BT features hard-key controls along the left edge of the screen. The unit includes a 3-way rotary dial for Volume (up/down) control and push-button controls for Power, Menu, Display, and Phone functions.
Note: There are ten options for the menu language including English, French, Spanish, and seven others.
Variable Color Illumination: You can change the color of background, text, touchscreen buttons, and hard-key buttons. The color of the background, text, and buttons can be changed independently from one another.
- Background: The unit's background color can be changed to one of eight preset colors - blue, light blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue. While playing a video or JPEG file, you can capture an image and use the captured image as your background. When using a JPEG file as the background, make sure that the resolution is 800 x 600 pixels. The color of the captured image may look different from that of the actual scene. You cannot capture copyrighted content and images from the iPod/iPhone.
- Text: The unit's onscreen text can be changed to one of seven preset colors - blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
- Buttons: The unit's touchscreen and hard-key button color can be changed to one of eight preset colors - blue, light blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also choose to have the unit constantly scroll through all eight preset color. In addition, you can create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
Note: You can save separate color settings for Daytime and Nighttime driving.
Aspect Ratio & Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the brightness and black level of the unit's onscreen display. You can also adjust the contrast, color, tint, and detail level during video playback. The adjustment level for each setting is -15 to +15. You can also choose from four aspect modes for the in-dash display:
- Regular: For 4:3 source material, 4:3 and 16:9 pictures display with black bars on either side (16:9 images are compressed).
- Full: Expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height.
- Panorama: For viewing 4:3 pictures naturally on the unit's wide-screen display.
- Auto: The correct aspect mode is automatically chosen based on the incoming signal.
Adjustable Dimmer: When the illumination lead (orange/white) is connected and the dimmer set to Auto, the display will dim automatically when you turn on your vehicle's lights. The dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Dimmer Time Set (you program the time for the dimmer to turn off an on).
Clock Display: The DVD receiver offers a 12-hour clock which is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "AV Off" mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork.
2-DIN Chassis: The JVC KW-V200BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is no mounting sleeve included for a Euro- or Custom-mount installation. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The JVC KW-V200BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.1+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KW-V200BT. See JVC's Bluetooth compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the JVC KW-V200BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the JVC head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the KW-V200BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately in 5 seconds. The KW-V200BT also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KW-V200BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KW-V200BT. Up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can search the phone book alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the parking brake.
External Microphone: The JVC KW-V200BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the JVC head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The JVC KW-V200BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KW-V200BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The KW-V200BT also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the JVC KW-V200BT has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone. Simply press the touchscreen "voice command" icon on the Bluetooth Phone screen to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the KW-V200BT and its microphone. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the JVC KW-V200BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Disc Compatibility: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The JVC KW-V200BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 and DiVX video files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA/WAV music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
USB Port: The JVC KW-V200BT features a rear-panel USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 38" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, WAV audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The KW-V200BT also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
File Compatibility: The JVC KW-V200BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||
MP3: bit rate of 32-320kbps
w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 22.05-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
MPEG-1: 352x240 to 720x480
or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps)
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
DivX (disc only): .divx, .div, or .avi (4.0Mbps)
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Playback Screen: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the picture adjustments, while pressing the bottom center activates the playback controls.
Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc or USB device). Next time you select CD or USB for the playback source, the disc will start from where it has been stopped previously.
Off Eject + Disc Reload: A disc can be ejected even the unit is turned off, as long as your vehicle's key is in the start or accessory position. If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust; playback starts automatically.
iPod Audio/Video Playback: The JVC KW-V200BT supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm input. The KW-V200BT supports playback of stored music and videos, as well as music and video apps on select Apple iPod/iPhone models. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you own an older iPod/iPhone with the 30-pin dock connector, you can enjoy audio and video files on your Apple device through the JVC KW-V200BT. Using JVC's KS-U59 iPod video cable (sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps on your iPod/iPhone through the JVC KW-V200BT. If you only desire audio playback, you can use the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KW-V200BT.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the JVC KW-V200BT for audio playback only. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Lightning-connector Apple device through the JVC DVD receiver. Video playback is not supported.
Note: The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone, using the JVC KS-U59 iPod video cable. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "AV-IN" in order to use the cable that came with your Apple device for audio playback only.
iPod Control w/ Metadata + Charging: The JVC KW-V200BT offers head unit control, song/artist information display, and battery charging for your connected Apple device.
- iPod/iPhone Control: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. From the head unit's touchscreen you can search for music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, and Audiobook. You can search video by Playlist, Movies, Music Videos, TV Shows, and Video Podcasts. Once a Playlist or Category is selected, the content is listed in alphabetical order. The KW-V200BT also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of your iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen so you can navigate your stored music and music apps from the mobile device; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The KW-V200BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information of your stored music. The head unit will indicate Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art. The unit will also display metadata information from Pandora and App Link Mode apps. Other applications will simply display the message "Do you want to exit app and switch to iPod Source"; tapping the "Yes" butt will take you back to your iPod/iPhone's stored music, while pressing the "No" button turns unit off.
- iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone (not the iPad). If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
App Link Mode: App Link Mode offers audio playback and video display of useful driving, utility, and music apps from your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 5.0 or later) on the JVC KW-V20BT, using the JVC KS-U59 cable (sold separately). Simply download the JVC Mobile Plugged-In App from iTunes onto your iPhone 4/4S and the app will function as a central launcher of controllable partner applications. You can even continue to listen to another source while the unit displays a driving or utility app. App Link mode is not compatible with the iPhone 5 or later. Available apps included (as of 1/31/2014).
|App Categories||App Link Apps||
|Navigation||MotionX-GPS Drive||The Motion X GPS Drive App is available from iTunes for your iPhone for only $0.99. There is a $2.99 per month subscription fee, or $19.99 per year is required for the Voice Guidance feature. MotionX-GPS Drive turns your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0 or later) and the JVC KW-V200BT into a personal navigation device for your vehicle. Providing full navigation features and song playback control from your iPhone 4/4S, MotionX-GPS Drive also displays its map data on the connected JVC multimedia receiver's widescreen monitor. Your iPhone 4/4S displays a choice of MotionX-GPS Driver's feature/menu screens as a secondary display (for passenger), while continuing to show the map on the JVC receiver. It even works simultaneously with iPhone 4/4S song playback by muting or pausing music, then restoring your volume during voice guidance through your car speakers. The MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation application covers the United States & Canada.|
|INRIX Traffic||INRIX is a leading provider of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal navigation. The INRIX Traffic app for iPhone provides real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways, interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will be displayed on the JVC KW-V200BT, while control is still handled from the iPhone. INRIX Traffic offers the following benefits - (1) Avoid delays with real-time traffic info from the world's largest traffic network (2) View traffic incidents on your route such as accidents, police, constructions, and other events (3) Know your best time to leave based on predicted traffic conditions (4)Compare your current traffic conditions from what is normal.|
|Sygic||Sygic is a voice guided GPS navigation app (fees may apply). It's packed with latest maps and a robust set of navigation features. Both app and maps are updated for free. Maps are stored on the phone for offline use. All the things that can be operated from iPhone can also be operated also from the DVD receiver except text input. POI search, Traffic display, Zoom, Map scroll, Voice guidance and more can be controlled on JVC DVD receiver.|
|Waze||Waze is the world's fastest-growing community-based traffic and navigation app. Join other drivers in your area who share real-time traffic and road info, saving everyone time and gas money on their daily commute. Map Scroll, Zoom, Traffic display, Voice guidance and more can be controlled from the JVC DVD receiver.|
|POI-Warner||POI-Warner PRO ($5.99) is equipped with a database of traffic enforcement cameras in 19 European countries. Displays a map with speed camera information on connected DVD receiver as secondary display. You can simply control app while still listening to music in the background.|
|Local Scope||Local Scope (free app) allows you to find places, people, and information around your current position using geo-tagged data from multiple local search engines, social networks, media sharing services, and other apps. Explore information, photos and videos aggregated from diverse services or get information about places.|
|Local Scope (free app) allows you to find places, people, and information around your current position using geo-tagged data from multiple local search engines, social networks, media sharing services, and other apps. Explore information, photos and videos aggregated from diverse services or get information about places.|
|Cobra iRadar||Cobra iRadar (free app) is the world's first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. Now you can share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users. With access to live radar/laser detection, user reports, automatic alert reporting, and Cobra's AURA speed and red light camera database, iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road.|
|Driver Assistance||DriveMate Rec Mini||DriveMate Rec mini ($.99) is an application that turn your iPhone into a drive recorder. It automatically records video in incidents such as traffic accidents. You can record a video clip of up to 10 seconds before and after an event. Either a impact such as heaving braking, abrupt handling ,or collision is automatically sensed and recorded. Recorded video can be exported to the camer aroll or YouTube.|
|DriveMate Rec||DriveMate Rec ($1.99) is an iPhone app that records video while you drive and tracks the route driven. It includes three functions. (1) Automatically records video in incidents such as traffic accidents (2) Records scenery while driving (3) Records tracks while driving, so you can compare track with other routes you have driven.|
|DriveMate OnboardCam||DriveMate OnboardCam ($.99) is an application to record movies and tracks during the driving. Now you can record scenery while driving.|
|DriveMate Time Trial||DriveMate TimeTrial ($.99) is an application to record tracks for driving. The recorded tracks can be compared with other tracks or the real driving. Save, play back, and compare tracks of routes driven.|
|DriveMate SafetyCam||DriveMate SafetyCam ($.99) is an iPhone app designed to support safe and eco-friendly driving. Provides an approach warning to the car ahead, departure notification of the car ahead, and an overall driving safety evaluation.|
|DashCommand||Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone 4/4S, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the head unit's touchscreen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.|
|Music||Sonic MaxPro for JVC||Sonic MaxPro for JVC (free app) is an HD quality music player with BBE's critically acclaimed HD audio technology-(Sonic Maximizer) and built-in presets.|
|TuneIn Radio||TuneIn lets you listen to the world's radio with music, sports, news, talk, and comedy streaming from every continent. Enjoy 70,000 live radio stations and 2 million podcasts, concerts or shows on your iPhone, iPad and iPod, all for free. The KW-V200BT will display station identification, song/artist information. and album artwork. You will still need to use your iPhone to change stations.|
|Utilities||Web Reader (Text-to-Speech)||Web Reader ($1.99) for iPhone uses Text to speech technology along with web page content recognition to read web pages out loud. Web Reader reads web pages and social media sites aloud through car speaker while driving with on-screen play & pause.|
|Everio Sync. 2||By connecting a JVC Everio camcorder and your iPhone with Wi-Fi, this application allows the video of the JVC Everio camcorder to be seen from the DVD receiver. Pan control, Zoom control, Rec/Pause control and snapshots can be operated from the receiver.|
Note: Apps not available in all areas. Available apps subject to change without notice.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The JVC KW-V200BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/31/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Link||Pandora App||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- *Requires the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Not compatible with Video or App Link mode.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KW-V200BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. You can switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity. Local tuning lets you only tune in stations with sufficient signal strength. You can activate the monaural mode to improve FM reception, when a station is week (the stereo effect will be lost).
Note: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the JVC KW-V200BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your compatible mobile device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The JVC KW-V200BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station/Genre List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station or Genre List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also choose to randomly playback songs from all your registered stations.
- Create New Station: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing on Pandora.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The JVC KW-V200BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 130 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels; you can register channels you want to skip
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KW-V200BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality with Signal to Noise ratio up to 99dB.
MOSFET Amplifier: The KW-V200BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KW-V200BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The KW-V200BT is equipped with 6ch/4.0V preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Subwoofer). The front and rear preamp outputs allow fader control, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. You can adjust the KW-V200BT's subwoofer output level (-50 to +10) independently from the head unit's main volume control for added bass volume. You can also adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
Built-in Crossovers: The JVC KW-V200BT features a built-in high-pass filter for the unit's front & rear speakers, and a low-pass filter for the unit's subwoofer output.
- High-Pass Filter: You can activate a variable high-pass filter (40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220 Hz or Through) for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers. The front & rear channel's high-pass filters can be set independently of one another.
- Low-Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer preamp output features a low-pass filter. In order to prevent high-frequencies from being sent to your system's subwoofers, you can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter to 50, 60, 80, 100, 120 Hz or Through.
Speaker Select: You can select which type & size of speaker you have connected to the head unit. Choose from Standard (OEM/Factory), Narrow (4"/5"), Middle (6"/5x7"/6x8"), Wide (6x9").
Pro EQ: The KW-V200BT is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Flat, Natural, Dynamic, Vocal Boost, Bass Boost, Vibrant, and User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 150 Hz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 kHz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||1.0, 2.0|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||Fixed|
Sound Extras: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. You can set the Loudness to On or Off.
- Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of On (reduced dynamic range), Dialogue (clearer movie dialogue), or Off (full dynamic range).
- Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -15 to +6.
Key-Touch Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Audio Input: There is a 3.5mm mini-jack auxiliary audio input on the front panel of the unit.
A/V Input: A rear-panel 3.5mm mini-jack audio/video input allows connecting a permanent external A/V source, such as a Blu-ray player, gaming console, or mobile ATSC tuner. The rear-panel audio/video input can be set to one of the following modes:
- AV IN: Choose when connecting an A/V component like a game system or Blu-ray player.
- iPod: Select when connecting your iPod/iPhone using JVC's proprietary KS-U59 iPod video cable (sold separately).
Camera In: The rear-panel Camera input consists of a composite video connector which allows you to connect an optional rear-view camera (105KVCM20, sold separately). The unit features a reverse gear signal wire, that when connected to your vehicle's reverse light circuit, will automatically switch the KW-V200BT's display to the rear-view camera input. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.25 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
A/V Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a rear-panel composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can select Disc, USB, iPod or AV-IN as the rear-panel source; or your can simply have the rear AV output mirror the head unit's selected front source. The volume of the A/V output will be controlled by your rear entertainment system. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor.
Note: With Disc, USB, or iPod selected as your front source; you can only select AV-IN, AV Off, or the source playing in the front as your vehicle's rear source. You also cannot select Disc, USB, or iPod as the rear source if your front source is Apps or Pandora.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
IR Remote: The JVC KW-V200BT includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the DVD receiver and connected devices (such as Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone, and USB).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Stone recommended this item- he really helped me out fantastic customer service [ Matthew Dec 14, 2015 ]
21 questions already asked
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Dec 03, 2015 ] Staff
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Dec 04, 2015 ] Staff
Yes and yes. I only have the ipone6 and 6 Plus as well as well as previous iPhone models and they all work. [ STEVE Oct 16, 2015 ]
VIA Bluetooth, yes.But as far as app compatibility and direct connection, no. I had an iPhone 5c and the website says it's compatable with the newer iphones, but even with the firmware/software updates it doesn't work with anything newer than an iphone 4s. [ COREY Oct 16, 2015 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Oct 11, 2015 ] Staff
No, it has one rear USB input, but there is no USB on the front. You can use the USB for either iPhone/Pod/Pad, or a jump drive, but not both at the same time. I have not tried to use a hub, but I imagine that would only confuse the device. [ Phil Oct 04, 2015 ]
It only has one USB. But it does have a auxiliary input on the front. I use it for just a thumb drive and all my music and movies are on it..it also plays music from my android phone by blue tooth. [ Jon Oct 04, 2015 ]
Yes I have this receiver and an iPhone 6 and it works great [ Kyle Sep 28, 2015 ]
No that is not possible. I'm not familiar with any head units that can do that. Would be cool though [ BRIAN KEITH Jul 27, 2015 ]
Unfortunately I've not used the nab on this stereo yet. I just use my phone and get direction via Bluetooth hook up through the stereo. [ Jim Jul 27, 2015 ]
I Have 5.0.1 and have no issues with it. Everything works [ DANIEL Jul 13, 2015 ]
I Didn't have the navigation option I stalled so I cant help but it wasn't free if it was installed [ VICTOR Jul 13, 2015 ]
This head unit doesn't come with navigation out of the box. It will have to be added. [ VALON Jul 13, 2015 ]
No navigation comes with it. [ Jeff Jul 12, 2015 ]
No navigation included. I did not want it I use a god or my phone. You can't watch movies and have navigation at the same time. [ MICHAEL W Jul 12, 2015 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy May 19, 2015 ] Staff
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Apr 22, 2015 ] Staff
It comes with a mic to be mounted, works very well [ mitch royce c/o Feb 27, 2015 ]
Yes it does come with a mic that you can mount in your vehicle, the cord to the mic is fairly long, I was able to run the wire under the dash, up a roof support and under the head liner and mount it by the rear view mirror. You are able to adjust the sensitivity of the mic so the caller can hear you but not hear too much road noise. Syncing the phone to the radio via Bluetooth was quick and easy. [ Robert Feb 26, 2015 ]
It comes with a mic that needs to be mounted. [ Patrick Feb 25, 2015 ]
It has a mic that has to be mounted [ Kimberley Feb 25, 2015 ]
It has a small mic with a long cable for you to run it up near your sunshade and clips on the headliner easily. [ Jeremy Feb 25, 2015 ]
Mic to be mounted. Maybe a six foot cable or so that plugs into the back. Comes with a little clip. Works ok, but built in would have been nice. [ Jonathan Feb 25, 2015 ]
It comes with a built in mic that needs to be mounted somewhere within close proximity to the driver. The mic itself is just mounted on a clip-like fixture that secures well to any moulding/trim. They also provide ample mic wire allowing you to make the installation very discrete and run the wire wherever you want. Honestly the blue tooth is probably my favorite feature on this unit. [ Matthew Feb 25, 2015 ]
The mic is on a cable and has to be mounted in the vehicle. The instrument cluster area seems to work best. Once set up it works great. [ Jessie Feb 25, 2015 ]
The mic has to be mounted. [ Chris Feb 25, 2015 ]
It has an external mic that you mount wherever you want. [ Eric Feb 25, 2015 ]
This has a seperate mic that is mounted closer to the face either on the steering wheel column or up on the visor clipped in place, or where I mounted mine up by the rear view mirror. This places the microphone a lot closer to your mouth and makes it work a whole lot better than the units that have a mic built into the radio. I used some double sided tape from 3M and mounted it above the rear view mirror pointed at my mouth in my Honda Civic. The closer you can get it to your mouth the better it will work. [ Timothy Feb 25, 2015 ]
Hey Keith. The unit uses an external mic that can be mounted anywhere. I mounted my mic on the windshield, but you need to careful. You want to make sure that your placement will not get blocked by the sun visor when you have it down. Other than that, which I screwed up first, it works really great. Hope this helps [ B Feb 25, 2015 ]
I think should be plus side since that is how it knows something there. [ MICHAEL W Feb 16, 2015 ]
Positive is what it hooks to. [ CAMERON Feb 16, 2015 ]
There is a touchscreen button which allows you to turn on the camera at any time. [ Jeff Feb 16, 2015 ]
No, the faceplate is not detachable. [ GLENN Jan 28, 2015 ]
It is in my sons car. He told me that it does not detach. [ Patrick Jan 26, 2015 ]
The faceplate is not detachable. [ mitch royce c/o Jan 26, 2015 ]
No the face is attached directly to the unit. No way to detach it. [ Matthew Jan 26, 2015 ]
No, it does not. [ Elinor Jan 25, 2015 ]
Hey Reggie, Unfortunately this unit does not offer a detachable faceplate. [ Logan Jan 25, 2015 ]
No. [ Todd Jan 25, 2015 ]
No it doesn't [ Jon Jan 25, 2015 ]
No it does not.. but if youre worried about someone stealing it there's no easy way of taking it off and having it still usable without taking apart the dash or just breaking it in general [ DANIEL Jan 25, 2015 ]
No it does not. [ Gary Jan 25, 2015 ]
No. Almost no double din full display radios have a detachable faceplate. [ Timothy Jan 25, 2015 ]
Nope. It has only three modes: day, night and display off. The night mode is a bit bright on dark roads so have to turn display off. The vehicle dimmer has no effect. [ Jeff Jan 05, 2015 ]
No it can not. Only way you can is going into the display settings on the unit. [ FIONA Jan 05, 2015 ]
Not that I know of....it can be turned totally off though [ GEORGE Jan 05, 2015 ]
Yes [ WILL Jan 05, 2015 ]
You can enjoy the rear source playback on an external monitor connected to the AV-OUT VIDEO and AV-OUT AUDIO terminals, while listening to any source. [ Eric Dec 08, 2014 ]
It is for the rear TV monitors and headphones source. I.E. kiddie entertainment so you can play a DVD of my little mermaid in the back seat through a separate set of outputs while you crank motorhead to the rest of the car stereo. [ Timothy Dec 08, 2014 ]
The rear input is for operating ( with the proper wiring ) a separate source ie Ipod, or other devices. [ Patrick Dec 08, 2014 ]
Rear source is a rear monitor. You can send an audio and video source from the receiver to a rear monitor connected via the RCA jacks on the back of the receiver. [ Eric Dec 08, 2014 ]
Yes it does. Quality rear camera to works well. [ Jeff Jan 05, 2015 ]
Yes, It has an input to connect to a wire indicating you are in reverse to activate the camera inputs on the rear of the unit. [ Jeff Nov 11, 2014 ]
I don't think so, but this wasn't a concern for us because the car we installed it in already had both a rear camera and a display for it. [ Michael D. Nov 11, 2014 ]
I believe that there was an input for a rear camera but it didn't come with one. [ GEORGE Nov 11, 2014 ]
Yes. But I did not use that feature. [ MICHAEL W Nov 10, 2014 ]
It does not come with one but you can hook one up to it. [ JEREMIAH Nov 10, 2014 ]
Yes there is one input for reverse camera and will switch automatically when you set your gear to reverse(as long as you buy the correct harness or connect the wire to your reverse wire) [ Guadalupe Nov 10, 2014 ]
Yes. I have mine hooked to a camera. [ Adam Nov 10, 2014 ]
Yes, As long as you wire the reverse light into the radio also. Also as long as the camera has power to it when not in reverse you can also see the backup camera when going forward by selecting it using the touch screen. I use this to check on trailers I cannot see in the rear view mirror. [ Herb Nov 10, 2014 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Krissy Sep 05, 2014 ] Staff
The ability to retain steering wheel controls with aftermarket receivers will be determined by the receiver you are using and the vehicle you have. For full information on this type of integration (including the parts you will need) please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Greg Sep 01, 2014 ] Staff
Yes. When plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On it can charge an iPod or Android phone. [ Jeff Aug 12, 2014 ] Staff
2 answers How do you use the calling command on this? Specifically, can you say "Call Joe Smith on Cell" and it connects or do you have to say, "Call" and wait for the prompt, say the name, say dial, wait for the device to bring up the correct number/say next entry? Thanks for your help. [ K Aug 08, 2014 ]
it depends on the phone. an iphone with siri you can just say "call dave on cell" android you have to do the pauses and wait. It's completely based on the phone, Android really stinks in voice command right now. Disclaimer: I carry an iphone and an android (HTC One M8) all day long and use both heavily so I know how both systems work very well. [ Timothy Dec 08, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Krissy Aug 10, 2014 ] Staff