Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
DVD receiver (New Stock)
Our take on the JVC KW-NSX700 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
MirrorLink for a new level of integration with select smartphones
Your smartphone is a big part of your life, so of course you'd want to tap into it when you're on the road. JVC's KW-NSX700 DVD receiver works with the MirrorLink system to provide unparalleled in-dash control over an ever-growing list of smartphones, including the popular Samsung Galaxy S III and Nokia Symbian models. With MirrorLink, you'll enjoy touchscreen control over your music, phone contacts, and select apps through the JVC's big 7" motorized display — a seamless experience.
What will I need for MirrorLink?
MirrorLink needs three elements to do its thing: a compatible receiver like the KW-NSX700, a compatible smartphone, and an app that works with MirrorLink. The system works like this:
- Download the app (prices vary) to your compatible phone. This lets the phone enter "car mode," which provides a simplified graphical interface that's ideal for use in the car, as it's easy to see at a glance, and much easier to use.
- Connect your phone to the receiver using the receiver's USB input and your phone's USB cable.
- Launch the app on your phone, and tap the MirrorLink icon in the receiver's source menu. The optimized car mode menu will appear on your receiver's screen.
Versatile iPhone® app control
If you're an iPhone user, you've got some pretty cool options for using it with the KW-NSX700. With your iPhone connected via JVC's KS-U30 cable, you can view and control a wide variety of apps on the receiver's screen. Here's some of what you can tap into:
- Basic control of audio apps like Tunein Radio.
- Sound tuning with JVC's SonicMax Pro app
- Web Reader text-to-speech app for social media and web pages
- Traffic info from Inrix, Cobra iRadar, and other driving apps.
- Powerful navigation with Sygic or the MotionX-GPS Drive app (subscription required) — you'll be able to see maps and live traffic reports on the receiver's screen. You'll still need to access your iPhone, however, so consider adding an iPhone mount, for easy use.
The KW-NSX700 offers plenty of media playback options.
And the rest of your media?
The KW-NSX700 also offers DVD, CD, and USB playback, including support for MP3, WMA, and WAV files. And you can enjoy video content on the screen when you're parked, or send video to rear seat screens when you're taking long road trips with the family — dual zone audio even lets you listen to one source up front while the rear seat enjoys another.
Once you plug your iPod or iPhone into the USB input, you can tap your way through all your tunes and playlist on this JVC's responsive touchscreen. If you're not an iPod user, you can load up a USB drive with music and dive in using the touchscreen.
JVC also makes it easy for you to take your Pandora® Internet radio stations on the road. Just plug in your iPhone and you'll have touchscreen control over Pandora right in your dash. If you own an Android™ device, you can use your Bluetooth® link to listen to Pandora.
Bluetooth safety and convenience
This receiver lets you enjoy the safety and convenience of hands-free calling with almost any Bluetooth phone. And you can stream audio from your device to the receiver as well, for a wireless, tangle-free connection whenever you get in the car.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the JVC, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility.
Large screen, multiple adjustability for personal color scheme, bluetooth easy connection, USB playback-simple, all in all a great product.
Gregg, Antioch, IL
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN DVD receiver w/ integrated 7" touchscreen monitor (10-amp fuse inserted in chasis)
- Sleeve (installed) Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- KS-UBT1 USB Bluetooth adapter (pre-installed)
- Microphone with integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 58" micro-USB cable
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 8 Flat head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Rubber boot
- Rear-support stud (with flat-washer/lock-nut attached)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Instructions (En/Fr/Sp)
- Installation/Connection Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- US warranty information
- Canadian warranty information
- "Caution" note (taped to wiring harness)
- iPhone/iPod Users note
- Bluetooth Adapter Caution note
- USB Bluetooth Adapter instructions
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" motorized touchscreen
- MirrorLink technology for app integration with select smartphones
- App Link mode for control of music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone
- Bluetooth adapter included for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- variable color illumination with over 30,000 choices of colors
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see "Details" for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- dual-zone audio
- iPod control: JVC KS-U30 cable required for full access to audio/video content
- inputs: rear USB input, rear MHL digital A/V input, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, mono sub)
JVC KW-NSX700 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Audio/video Input||Composite (rear)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
7" Motorized Touchscreen Display: The JVC KW-NSX700 features a motorized 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 touchscreen monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. The touchscreen LCD serves as a video monitor, system information display and touchscreen control panel. The bottom of the touchscreen monitor can be tilted upward at seven different positions to provide the best visibility in your vehicle. The monitor electronically slides down for loading or ejecting a disc.
Gesture Volume Control: Gesture Control lets you operate certain functions of the KW-NSX700 by making specific gesture commands on the unit's touchscreen. You can adjust the volume of the multimedia receiver by making a circular motion with your finger on the unit's touchscreen.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the head unit's touchscreen monitor, the KW-NSX700 features hard-key controls along the bottom edge of the screen.
Variable Color Illumination: You can change the color of background, text, touchscreen buttons, and hard-key buttons. The color of the background, text, and buttons can be changed independently from one another.
- Background: The unit's background color can be changed to one of eight preset colors - blue, light blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
- Text: The unit's onscreen text can be changed to one of seven preset colors - blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
- Buttons: The unit's touchscreen and hard-key button color can be changed to one of eight preset colors - blue, light blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also choose to have the unit constantly scroll through all eight preset color. In addition, you can create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
Note: You can save separate color settings for Daytime and Nighttime driving.
Display Settings: The JVC KW-NSX700 offers the following display settings.
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the brightness and black level of the unit's onscreen display. You can also adjust the contrast, color, tint, and detail level during video playback. The adjustment level for each setting is -15 to +15.
- Selectable Aspect Modes: You can choose from four aspect modes for the in-dash display; Regular (For 4:3 source material, 4:3 and 16:9 pictures display with black bars on either side), Full (Expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height), Panorama (For viewing 4:3 pictures naturally on the unit's wide-screen display), or Auto (The correct aspect mode is automatically chosen based on the incoming signal).
- Custom Background Image: While playing a video or JPEG file, you can capture an image and use the captured image as your background. When using a JPEG file as the background, make sure that the resolution is 800 x 600 pixels. The color of the captured image may look different from that of the actual scene. You cannot capture copyrighted content and images from the iPod/iPhone.
Adjustable Dimmer: When the illumination lead (orange/white) is connected and the dimmer set to Auto, the display will dim automatically when you turn on your vehicle's lights. The dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Dimmer Time Set (you program the time for the dimmer to turn off an on). The unit also features 3 dimmer levels to choose from - Bright, Middle, or Dark.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork.
Multi-Language Menu: There are ten options for the menu language; English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, and Russian.
2-DIN Chassis: The JVC KW-NSX700 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
MirrorLink (for Android/Nokia): MirrorLink technology offers seamless connectivity between your compatible smartphone and the JVC KW-NSX700 receiver through its rear-panel micro-USB connection. Compatible phones include the Samsung Galaxy s III (w/ Android iOS) and select Nokia Symbian mobile phones. MirrorLink offers on-screen applications that have been optimized for in-car use on your smartphone from the head unit's touchscreen controls for a safer driving experience. The following apps (Drive Link and Car Mode) must be downloaded to your compatible smartphone before using MirrorLink.
- Drive Link for Samsung Galaxy S III (Android): To use MirrorLink
with your Samsung Galaxy S III, the free
"Drive Link" application must be downloaded from Samsung Apps
and installed on your compatible Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone. Once
downloaded, individual apps are grouped into three categories (Music,
Location, Phone) for easy access. Selecting a category lets you quickly
access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as
hands-free telephone communication.
- Music: You can listen to every music file stored in the smartphone. You can search for your music files by Favorites, Playlists, Artists, Albums, or All Songs.
- Location: You can navigate via Google Maps. You are able to speak and type destinations. The app provides you with an on-screen map screen and audible directions.
- Phone: The app retrieves all contact information stored in the smartphone. You can make and answer phone calls from the head unit's touchscreen, just as you would normally do on your smartphone. The head unit will even read aloud text messages and let you reply.
- Nokia Car Mode w/ MirrorLink: To use MirrorLink with your Nokia smartphone, the "Nokia Car Mode with Mirrorlink" application ($29.99) must be downloaded from the Nokia Store and installed on your compatible Nokia smartphone. Once downloaded, individual apps are grouped into three categories (Call, Drive, Music) for easy access. Selecting a category lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication.
Note: Compatible Samsung and Nokia phone models, their launch timing, as well as Car Mode compatibility will differ by country or origin. Click here for MirrorLink compatible smartphone models from Samsung and Nokia.
MHL Compatible: The JVC KW-NSX700's rear-panel micro-USB port is also MHL compatible. This means you can simply connect your MHL-compatible Android smartphone to the JVC receiver without the need for a proprietary app. The JVC head unit's touchscreen will display the same screen which is displayed on your smartphone. You can listen to stored music and music apps, as well a view store video and video apps. You cannot perform operation of the smartphone from the head unit's touchscreen; you will still need to use your smartphone for operation. Your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to watch video.
Note: The Samsung Galaxy S3/4 requires an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately; not available at Crutchfield).
Drive Change Mode (for BlackBerry): The JVC KW-NSX700's rear-panel USB (type-A) port supports playback from BlackBerry smartphones (via USB mass storage mode). JVC's Drive Change Mode lets you connect your BlackBerry smartphone (that uses an external memory card) directly to the head unit, via USB. Drive Change Mode will let you switch between your BlackBerry smartphone's internal and external memory (such as microSD Card), so you can listen to music stored on either memory. You'll continue to be able control basic playback functions; such as folder/file search, play/pause, and skip next/previous; regardless of memory type.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The JVC KW-NSX700 supports audio/video playback from select Apple iPods and iPhones.
- Audio/Video Playback: The optional JVC KS-U30 USB A/V Cable For iPod/iPhone (105KSU30, sold separately) allows you to playback and control audio/video from your iPod or iPhone on this JVC multimedia head unit. You can access audio/video content stored on your iPod/iPhone device or apps streamed to your Apple device. The cable features a proprietary Apple iPod 30-pin dock connector on one end and a male composite video/stereo audio RCA connectors on other end, along with a USB type-A connector. The cable plugs into the unit's rear-panel AV input and USB port. The unit's USB port handles the control, metadata display, and charging of your iPod/iPhone. The composite video/stereo RCA inputs handle audio and video transfer from your iPod/iPhone to the JVC receiver. By using the AV input, the music travels to the receiver as an analog signal, so you can even play the Digital-Rights-Protected files you've stored on your iPod/iPhone. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
- Audio Only Playback: If you only want to playback audio from your iPod or iPhone, you can simply connect it to the KW-NSX700's USB port using the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. This 1-wire USB connection bypasses the iPod/iPhone's DAC and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 95dB. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "AV-IN" in order to use the 1-wire USB connection. You will not be able to play Digital-Rights-Protected files. This 1-wire connection only supports audio stored on your iPod/iPhone device and Pandora (no other apps or video content).
Note: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Or, use the JVC KSU-30 iPod cable (105KSU30, sold separately), plus the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) to access App Mode. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
iPod/iPhone Control: You can choose to control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit and from the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Head Unit: From the head unit's touchscreen you can search for music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, and Audiobook. You can search video by Playlist, Movies, Music Videos, TV Shows, and Video Podcasts. Once a Playlist or Category is selected, the content is listed in alphabetical order. The KW-NSX700 also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of your iPod/iPhone.
- iPod: The iPod control mode allows you to control stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. Basic iPod navigation controls remain functional on the KW-NSX700's touchscreen, but the advanced Playlist and Category search modes cannot be accessed from the head unit.
- iPod Out: The iPod out mode displays the stored music playback menu of your iPod/iPhone on the JVC head unit's LCD touchscreen. You can control playback of your iPod's stored music by navigating the mirrored on-screen menu. The iPod out mode requires the JVC KSU-30 cable (sold separately) and that your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. The iPod out mode does not function for videos or apps.
App Control: The JVC KW-NSX700 in-dash multimedia head unit offers two distinct App Control modes when connected to your Apple iPhone via the JVC KSU-30 iPod cable (not compatible with the USB connector cable that comes with your iPhone device).
- App Mode: App mode for your iPhone requires the JVC KSU-30 iPod cable (105KSU30, sold separately). You will also need the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) for the iPhone 5/5C/5S. App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, & Slacker streamed to your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the JVC head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You can even watch video on the JVC DVD receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+). The iPod mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged. Not all apps will be compatible and only limited (basic), if any, control will be available. Available controls may include (Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next). Access to your iPhone's downloaded application will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
- App Link Mode: App Link mode lets you experience large detailed displays of useful driving and audio apps from your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.3 or later) on the JVC KW-NSX700, using the JVC KS-U30 cable (105KSU30, sold separately). App Link mode is not compatible with the iPhone 5/5C/5S. Available apps included (as of 9/19/2013).
|App Categories||App Link Apps||Description|
|Navigation||MotionX-GPS Drive||The Motion X GPS Drive App is available from iTunes for your iPhone for only $0.99. There is a $2.99 per month subscription fee, or $19.99 per year is required for the Voice Guidance feature. MotionX-GPS Drive turns your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0 or later) and the JVC KW-NSX700 into a personal navigation device for your vehicle. Providing full navigation features and song playback control from your iPhone 4/4S, MotionX-GPS Drive also displays its map data on the connected JVC multimedia receiver's widescreen monitor. Your iPhone 4/4S displays a choice of MotionX-GPS Driver's feature/menu screens as a secondary display (for passenger), while continuing to show the map on the JVC receiver. It even works simultaneously with iPhone 4/4S song playback by muting or pausing music, then restoring your volume during voice guidance through your car speakers. The MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation application covers the United States & Canada.|
|INRIX Traffic||INRIX is a leading provider of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal navigation. The INRIX Traffic app for iPhone provides real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways, interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will be displayed on the JVC KW-AV61, while control is still handled from the iPhone. INRIX Traffic offers the following benefits - (1) Avoid delays with real-time traffic info from the world's largest traffic network (2) View traffic incidents on your route such as accidents, police, constructions, and other events (3) Know your best time to leave based on predicted traffic conditions (4)Compare your current traffic conditions from what is normal.|
|Driver Assistance||Local Scope||Local Scope (free app) allows you to find places, people, and information around your current position using geo-tagged data from multiple local search engines, social networks, media sharing services, and other apps. Explore information, photos and videos aggregated from diverse services or get information about places.|
|DashCommand||Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone 4/4S, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the head unit's touchscreen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.|
|Cobra iRadar||Cobra iRadar (free app) is the world's first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. Now you can share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users. With access to live radar/laser detection, user reports, automatic alert reporting, and Cobra's AURA speed and red light camera database, iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road.|
|DriveMate Rec||DriveMate Rec ($1.99) is an iPhone app that records video while you drive and tracks the route driven. It includes three functions. (1) Automatically records video in incidents such as traffic accidents (2) Records scenery while driving (3) Record tracks while driving, so you can compare track with other routes you have driven.|
|DriveMate SafetyCam||DriveMate SafetyCam ($.99) is an iPhone app designed to support safe and eco-friendly driving. Provides an approach warning to the car ahead, departure notification of the car ahead, and an overall driving safety evaluation.|
|Web Reader (Text-to-Speech)||Web Reader ($1.99) for iPhone uses Text to speech technology along with web page content recognition to read web pages out loud. Web Reader reads web pages and social media sites aloud through car speaker while driving with on-screen play & pause.|
|Music||Sonic MaxPro for JVC||Sonic MaxPro for JVC (free app) is an HD quality music player with BBE's critically acclaimed HD audio technology-(Sonic Maximizer) and built-in presets.|
|TuneIn Radio||TuneIn lets you listen to the world's radio with music, sports, news, talk, and comedy streaming from every continent. Enjoy 70,000 live radio stations and 2 million podcasts, concerts or shows on your iPhone, iPad and iPod, all for free. The KW-NSX700 will display station identification, song/artist information. and album artwork. You will still need to use your iPhone to change stations.|
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded application will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Apps not available in all areas. Available apps subject to change without notice.
iPod/iPhone Display: The KW-NSX700 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information of your stored music, regardless of control mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, Album label, and Album Art. Your iPod/iPhone's downloaded apps will not display on the unit's LCD monitor (except for Pandora and App Link apps).
iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone (not the iPad). If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The JVC KW-NSX700 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/19/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||iPod Out||App Mode||App Link||Pandora App||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- *Requires the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit.
- **Requires the JVC KSU-30 iPod cable (105KSU30, sold separately) and the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KW-NSX700 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. You can switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity. Local tuning lets you only tune in stations with sufficient signal strength. You can activate the monaural mode to improve FM reception, when a station is week (the stereo effect will be lost).
Note: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the JVC KW-NSX700 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS5+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. The KW-NSX700 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station/Genre List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also select from Pandora's Genre Stations.
- Create New Station: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing on Pandora.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android/Blackberry smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Bluetooth Technology: The JVC KW-NSX700 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.1+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: The JVC KW-NSX700 comes supplied with a USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) which is pre-installed into the head unit's hidden front-panel USB input (located behind detachable face plate), making the KW-NSX700 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR certified. The USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) must remain plugged into the hidden USB port.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the JVC KW-NSX700 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the JVC head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KW-NSX700. See JVC's Bluetooth compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the KW-NSX700 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately in 5 seconds. The KW-NSX700 also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KW-NSX700, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KW-NSX700. Up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can search the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the parking brake.
External Microphone: The JVC KW-NSX700 includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth). This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the JVC head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The JVC KW-NSX700 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KW-NSX700 will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The KW-NSX700 also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Digital Assistant Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the JVC KW-NSX700 has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone. Simply press the touchscreen "voice command" icon on the Bluetooth Phone screen to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the KW-NSX700 and its microphone. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the JVC KW-NSX700; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Disc Compatibility: The monitor electronically slides down for loading or ejecting a disc. The JVC KW-NSX700 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 and DiVX video files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA/WAV music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
USB Port: The JVC KW-NSX700 features a rear-panel USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 38" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, WAV audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The KW-NSX700 also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: This unit cannot recognize a USB device whose rating is other than 5V and exceeds 1A. You cannot connect a computer or portable HDD to the USB port of this unit.
File Compatibility: The JVC KW-NSX700 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 22.05-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps)
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
DivX: .divx, .div, or .avi (4.0Mbps)
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Playback Screen: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the picture adjustments, while pressing the bottom center activates the playback controls.
Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc or USB device). Next time you select CD or USB for the playback source, the disc will start from where it has been stopped previously.
Disc Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust; playback starts automatically.
Mounting: For proper disc playback you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from JVC's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. The tested unit contained firmware version G31.01.00 (0001).
24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KW-NSX700 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The KW-NSX700 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the KW-NSX700 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the KW-NSX700 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KW-NSX700 with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to low, the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to high, and the volume control will range from 0 to 50. The internal amp can also be turned off when all the speakers are powered by outboard amplifiers.
5ch/4V Preamp Outputs (w/ Sub Level Control): The KW-NSX700 is equipped with 5ch/4.0V preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Subwoofer). The front and rear preamp outputs allow fader control, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. You can adjust the KW-NSX700's subwoofer level (-50 to +10) independently from the head unit's main volume control for added bass volume.
Built-in Crossovers: The JVC KW-NSX700 features a built-in high-pass filter for the unit's front & rear speakers, and a low-pass filter for the unit's subwoofer output.
- High-Pass Filter: You can activate a variable high-pass filter (40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220 Hz or Through) for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers. The front & rear channel's high-pass filters can be set independently of one another.
- Low-Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer preamp output features a low-pass filter. In order to prevent high-frequencies from being sent to your system's subwoofers, you can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter to 50, 60, 80, 100, 120 Hz or Through.
Speaker Select: You can select which type & size of speaker you have connected to the head unit. Choose from Standard (OEM/Factory), Narrow (4"/5"), Middle (6"/5x7"/6x8"), Wide (6x9").
Pro EQ: The KW-NSX700 is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Flat, Natural, Dynamic, Vocal Boost, Bass Boost, Vibrant, and User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 150 Hz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 kHz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||1.0, 2.0|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||Fixed|
Note: The audio adjustments are memorized for each individual source until you adjust the sound again.
Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. You can set the Loudness to On or Off.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of On (reduced dynamic range), Dialogue (clearer movie dialogue), or Off (full dynamic range).
Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -15 to +6.
Key-Touch Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Audio/Video Input: The rear-panel audio/video input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack, allowing you to connect external equipment to this head unit. The audio/video input can be set to one of the following modes:
- AV IN: Choose when connecting an A/V component like a game system.
- iPod Video: Select when connecting your iPod using the optional USB/Video cable (105KSU30, sold separately).
A/V Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a rear-panel composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can select Disc, USB, or iPod as the rear-panel source; or your can simply have the rear AV output mirror the head unit's selected front source. The volume of the A/V output will be controlled by your rear entertainment system. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor.
Note: With Disc, SD-card, USB, or iPod selected as your front source; you can only select AV-IN, AV Off, or the source playing in the front as your vehicle's rear source.
Camera In: The rear-panel Camera input consists of a composite video connector which allows you to connect an optional rear-view camera (105KVCM20, sold separately). The unit features a reverse gear signal wire, that when connected to your vehicle's reverse light circuit, will automatically switch the KW-NSX700's display to the rear-view camera input. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.2 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Zak Billmeier
With a compatible phone, a JVC receiver and MirrorLink, you'll enjoy touchscreen control over your music, phone contacts, and select apps - a seamless experience.
3 questions already asked
You need to Check with the Manufacture and find out this type of Question. Do not listen to anyone except for the Vendor. [ RICKY Feb 06, 2014 ]
Im not sure. I ve never voice commanded to make a call. I generally dont make calls when Im driving, just answer them. Let me check and I'll get back to you. bjorn [ BJORN Jan 30, 2014 ]
The JVC doesn't have a built in voice command so yes it would use S-Voice or any other application for voice command that you have on your smartphone. I haven't used it myself but I did notice that Google Voice Search has not worked for me while using MirrorLink, but I have an S4 with 4.3 update. Which is not compatible for now. Sorry I can't be of much help. I can only assume it works like any other Bluetooth connection until I try it myself later on. [ GUILLERMO Jan 29, 2014 ]
Hey, sorry - not sure. I traded that unit in for another head unit. [ BERT A Jan 29, 2014 ]
my s voice does not work too well because I have too many contacts [ MICHAEL Jan 29, 2014 ]
Due to shipping delays and a planned trip, I haven't been able to install the unit in my car yet and don't have it in front of me at the moment. However, I looked through the manual for the KW-NSX700. It does not appear that this unit does NOT have a detachable face. The front only folds down in order to put a CD/DVD into the unit. For confirmation, I looked at the manual of the KW-AV71BT, which is a similar unit. On the first page of the manual, there's a logo indicating it has a detachable face. The NSX700 does not have that logo in the manual, so I feel pretty confident in saying no, it does not. [ Philip Dec 31, 2013 ]
Hi Jesse, I just installed the JVC KW-NSX700 and it does not have a removable face. Best, Josh [ Joshua Dec 30, 2013 ]
It does not have a detachable faceplate. The sound quality is very good though. Works very well with Iphone 4, not compatible with Iphone 5 though. [ LARRY Dec 30, 2013 ]
No. am I able to link my galaxy or to the radio would like to see Google Navigation from my phone thank you Michael [ MICHAEL Dec 30, 2013 ]
No has a motorized face which folds out to access cd [ JONATHAN Dec 30, 2013 ]
I don't believe this face is detachable Michael [ MICHAEL Dec 30, 2013 ]
Jesse, The face is NOT detachable. Great unit though. [ John Dec 30, 2013 ]
Ya know, I never tried to take it off so I dont know for sure but i dont think it does but I have mixed feelings about the unit in general. It has a lot of features that kick butt but im also not happy with some of the other features. Pairing for blue tooth is slow and every time I get in, I have to press av off, then bluetooth on. It doesnt just automatically pair when I just had it paired and turned the key off even for a brief moment. The mirrorlink also doesnt work with my galaxy s4 which was my main reason for getting a mirrorlink unit. Also, the pandora controls dont work with android, only iPhone. And I bought it last may for 649 and now its a lot cheaper. Ugh [ BJORN Dec 30, 2013 ]
I don't believe this face is detachable Michael [ MICHAEL Dec 30, 2013 ]
No, it doesn't have a detachable face. [ PATRIC A Dec 30, 2013 ]