Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Polk Audio db1212
Ported enclosure with one 12" db Series subwoofer
Item # 107DB1212 | MFR # AA1212-A
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Polk Audio db1212 by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
Leave it to Polk Audio to come up with a no-nonsense sub box that'll fill up your vehicle with bass without emptying your wallet. The db1212 enclosure combines a 12" db Series subwoofer with a rigorously engineered cabinet for chest-thumping low end from your trunk or cargo area.
Polk used extensive laser testing to optimize the internal structure of the db Series subwoofer to deliver fluid, powerful bass. The polypropylene cone and Santoprene surround hold up against harsh environmental effects caused by sun, moisture, and intense temperature changes, while the beefy frame ensures these subs can stand up to a pounding.
The db1212's streamlined enclosure features advanced slot ports for high speaker efficiency with reduced distortion. The silver ABS front panel gets a facelift over previous Polk enclosures, but the box still features the same internal bracing used in their stellar home speakers to reduce resonance. An eye-catching grille and tough black carpet complete the package. Just add an amplifier and wiring, and you've got one heck of a system.
Bought this for my son's birthday, very impressed with the clarity. Running a 300 watt amp it it more than enough bass for even a sixteen year old.
Al G, iola, WI
What's in the Box:
- Hatchback style enclosure with a single 12" dB series woofer installed
- Owner's manual
- On-line registration information
- ported enclosure with one 12" db Series subwoofer
- 3/4" MDF construction with front-panel ABS trim
- polypropylene woofer with Santoprene rubber surround
- 2-ohm impedance
- frequency response: 26-200 Hz
- power handling: 50-360 watts RMS (720 watts peak power)
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- 17-1/4"W x 14-3/4"H x 18-11/16"D1 x 15-11/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Polk Audio db1212 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||15-9/16|
|Connector Type||Spring Posts|
|Frequency Response||26-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||360|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Polk Audio DB1212 is a bass-reflex enclosure loaded with one 12" Polk db subwoofer.
Enclosure: The DB1212 features a vented-enclosure covered in high-grade black carpet and features an ABS front-baffle and ABS grille.
- Construction: Polk uses 3/4-inch MDF with Internal bracing. The front baffle is clad in automotive grade ABS trim for rigidity and resistance to impact. A sheet of elastomeric damping material isolates the ABS trim from the baffle as it acts as a sealing gasket for the woofers. This tri-laminate sandwich construction prevents unwanted rattles and resonance, ensuring bass that's as tight as it is powerful.
- Shape: The enclosure's back panel is angled, resulting in a greater depth at the bottom of the enclosure than at the top. The angled design allows the enclosure to fit nicely against the back of the angled rear seat in many cars. The front of the enclosure is slightly curved.
- Bass Reflex: The enclosure utilizes a side-firing slot-vent for higher bass output with vastly lower noise and distortion compared to conventional ports.
- Grilles: Wheel-style heavy-duty ABS grille protects the woofer from shifting cargo. Grille and baffle may be painted to match the vehicle's interior color.
- Binding Posts: The spring terminal binding posts will accept bare wire up to 11 gauge, pin connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs. When using banana plugs they're inserted into the same opening as bare wire. The DB1212 s wired for a 2-ohm load at the enclosure's speaker terminals.
12" Woofer: The DB1212 comes loaded with a single 12-inch, dual 4-ohm voice coil Polk Audio db subwoofers wired in parallel for a 2-ohm mono load the enclosure's speaker terminals.
- Polypropylene Cone: The cone is made with polypropylene, which provides durability while being lightweight and rigid. The cone is supported by a vented cone/coil coupler, which stiffens the cone for greater mechanical stability and lower distortion.
- Santoprene Surround: The Santoprene surround is resistant to extremes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- NOMEX Spider: The flat NOMEX Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Triple-vented Kapton Voice Coil Former: Triple venting of the 4-layer Kapton Voice Coil Former, Cone/Coil Coupler and Pole Piece contribute to the high power handling and reliability of the db Series subs.
- Dual 4-ohm Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 4-ohm voice coils. The voice coils are wired in parallel with each other, so the woofer presents a 2-ohm mono load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It's has smooth look and it fit perfectly in my truck [ Larry Jan 22, 2016 ]
Polk Audio speakers are the best I have ever listened to. The price for this sub package made it too hard to pass up. Thanks Crutchfield! [ Alan Jan 14, 2016 ]
Sale [ david Jan 07, 2016 ]
price...I have an older polk 12" in a smaller sealed box and wanted something with just a little more output while maintaining a somewhat compact size. [ James Jan 06, 2016 ]