Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Polk Audio F/X® Wireless Surround
Wireless surround speaker system
From Polk - Wireless Surround
Item # 107FXWS | MFR # AM1825-A
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Polk Audio F/X® Wireless Surround by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Great surround sound in any room
Now you can enjoy surround effects even in rooms where traditional rear speakers won't fit. Polk's F/X Wireless Surround is an innovative, single-speaker solution for wireless surround sound. It creates a convincing rear soundstage in just about any room using proprietary Controlled Dispersion Array and Polk Digital Logic technology. Together, they help the five drivers in this single speaker reproduce surround effects that sound like they're coming from behind and to the sides of your listening position.
No drilling, no wires easy setup in minutes
Simply connect the included wireless transmitter to the surround channels on your home theater receiver, and plug the F/X speaker into a power outlet at the rear of your room. The transmitter will send information for up to four surround channels to the F/X speaker. The speaker's room position switch lets you select "Floor," "Table," or "Shelf" to ensure the best possible sound no matter where you place it.
What's in the Box:
- Wireless surround speaker
- Surround transmitter (with antenna)
- AC power supply (with attached 6" DC cord)
- AC power supply (with attached 4' DC cord)
- 9' AC power cord
- Two 4' stereo RCA cables
- Four 46" lengths of speaker wire (with bare tinned-wire on each end)
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Online Produce Registration
- includes wireless transmitter and amplified speaker
- Controlled Dispersion Array and Polk Digital Logic technology simulate 5.1- or 7.1-channel surround sound
- room position switch optimizes speaker's sound for floor, table, or shelf location
- speaker contains four 2-1/2" full-range drivers and 5-1/4" woofer
- built-in 120-watt digital amplifier
- frequency response: 48-20,000 Hz
- speaker-level and line-level inputs on the transmitter for up to four surround channels
- 30-foot wireless range (from transmitter)
- speaker measures 19-1/2"W x 8-1/8"H x 7-13/16"D
- transmitter measures 7"W x 1-11/16"H x 4-7/8"D
- warranty: 5 years speaker, 3 years electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Polk Audio F/X® Wireless Surround Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Midrange size (inches)||2-1/2|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Frequency Response||48-20k Hz|
|Height (inches)||8 1/8|
|Width (inches)||19 1/2|
|Depth (inches)||7 13/16|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker eliminates the need for multiple rear speakers. The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker sits unobtrusively behind your home theater seating area and creates a completely enveloping, realistic surround sound. The F/X Wireless Surround Speaker incorporates exclusive new technologies, like Controlled Dispersion Array technology (to accurately simulate multiple channels from one source) and Polk Digital Logic (to automatically optimize the sound design for your room setup), with the classic warmth and realism of the Polk Audio sound. The wireless surround speaker is engineered with patented "smart" technology to work perfectly in any size room, and to fit into any decor. It can be placed on the floor or on a sofa-table or bench. Use the Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker to boost the surround-effect of your single-speaker (surroundbar) surround sound system, or eliminate your traditional surround speakers and their wires. The F/X Wireless Surround Speaker lets you achieve lifelike and dynamic surround-sound effects from a single compact wireless loudspeaker, without the hassle of wires.
Note: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker consists of a wireless powered speaker and a wireless surround sound transmitter module.
Self-Contained Surround-Channel Sound System: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker is a completely self-contained surround-channel speaker featuring four 2.5" full-range drivers and a 5.25" woofer, powered by a compact 120 Watt multichannel DSP amplifier.
- 4 Full-Range Drivers: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker features four 2.5" full-range Dynamic Balance controlled dispersion array drivers for clear high-frequency and midrange sound.
- 5.25" Woofer: The F/X Wireless Surround Speaker is equipped with a down-firing 5.25" Dynamic Balance woofer for added bass response.
- 120 Watt DSP Amplifier: The wireless surround speaker's drivers are powered by an integrated 120-watt DSP amplifier for dynamic audio reproduction.
Note: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker's overall frequency response is 48 to 20,000 Hz.
Dynamic Balance Driver Technology: Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance process allows Polk to design their drivers specifically for flatter frequency response, revealing the sharpest details and a more lifelike transparency, with absolutely no strain even at high volume. It's a bold, rich, warm, and lifelike sound.
3D Audio: Polk Audio's 3D Audio combines two groundbreaking, patented technologies to produce a three-dimensional audio environment. Combining Polk Audio's proprietary Controlled Dispersion Array (CDA) Technology and Polk Digital Logic Processing, produces a rich enveloping listening experience. It allows the sound to reach out from beside you and behind you to put you in the center of the action.
- Polk Digital Logic: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker utilizes Polk Digital Logic (Polk's proprietary DSP programming) to deliver big, crisp sonic performance with no complicated setup or calibration. Through Polk Digital Logic, the F/X Wireless Surround Speaker sound is created independent of any room boundaries. Polk Digital Logic helps to maintain a Surround & Surround Back channel for clear, intelligible dialogue and Polk's signature warm & full sound.
- Controlled Dispersion Array (CDA) Technology: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker offer discrete rear-channel response thanks to Polk's patented Controlled Dispersion Array (CDA) technology. CDA Technology delivers realistic left & right rear-surround staging for 5.1 or 7.1 channel home theater systems, in any room environment and with virtually any placement.
Compact Wireless Enclosure: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker features a compact wireless enclosure.
Ported Enclosure: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker features a down-firing port for better efficiency and added bass response.
Rubber Feet: The F/X Wireless Surround Speaker features four integrated rubber feet to prevent any unwanted vibration. The rubber feet also allow the speaker to sit on almost any surface safely.
Room Position DSP Controller: The Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Speaker features a Room Position DSP Controller for easy customization and optimization. The Room Position DSP Controller lets you place the wireless surround speaker on the floor, a sofa table, or wall-shelf; while delivering perfect imaging and sound.
Note: Due to the special nature of the F/X Wireless Surround Speaker's operating principles, it is recommended that you do not use the automated speaker calibration system of your AV receiver.
Scan Button: The wireless surround speaker features a bottom-panel 'Scan' button and the wireless surround transmitter features a top-panel 'Scan' button. The 'Scan' button establishes a wireless connection between the wireless surround speaker and wireless surround module. This should take less than 30 seconds.
Power LED: The wireless surround speaker and wireless transmitter each feature a Power LED. The transmitter's Power LED illuminates blue to indicate the transmitter is active and connected successfully to the wireless speaker. The wireless speaker's Power LED illuminates blue when the speaker is 'On' and red when in 'Stand-by'.
Power On/Off: The wireless surround speaker's main Power On/Off switch is located on its bottom-panel. You may leave this switch turned 'On' at all times.
2.4GHz Transmitter: The system's wireless surround module features an integrated state-of-the-art 2.4GHz transmitter which wirelessly transmits your home theater receiver's surround and surround back audio to the wireless powered speaker without any signal loss.
Audio Connections: The included wireless surround module connects to your home theater receiver's surround or surround back channels via RCA cables or speaker wire.
- RCA: The wireless surround module is equipped with two sets of RCA preamp inputs. One is labeled 'Surround' and the other 'Surround Back'. Two 4' lengths of stereo RCA cable are provided.
- Speaker-Level: The wireless surround module is equipped with four pair of spring-clip speaker terminals. Two pair are labeled 'Surround' and the other two pair labeled 'Surround Back'. Four 46" lengths of speaker wire are provided.
Note: You may make either a speaker-level or RCA connection, but never make both connections at the same time.
5.1ch/7.1ch Options: If you have a 5.1-channel AV receiver, connect the Left & Right Surround channels of your receiver to the wireless surround transmitter's Surround inputs. If you are using a 7.1 channel home theater receiver, connect both the Left & Right Surround and the Left & Right Surround Back channels to the wireless surround transmitter's Surround and Surround Back input.
Note: Your receiver's Surround and Surround Back channels should be set to 'Small' (when applicable).
Wireless Surround Speaker Placement: The F/X Wireless Surround Speaker should be placed behind your home theater room's listening area (on the floor, placed on a table, or on an elevated open shelf) and up to 30' from the wireless surround transmitter.
Note: Make sure to set the Room Position DSP Controller to 'Shelf, 'Table', or 'Floor" to match the wireless surround speaker's placement.
Wireless Surround Speaker Positioning: Due to the special nature of the wireless speaker's complex radiation pattern, the top surface of the loudspeaker cabinet should be unobstructed and facing towards the ceiling. The long axis of the cabinet should be parallel to the long dimension of your home theater's TV screen and centered behind the listening area.
Wireless Surround Speaker Distance: There is a Speaker Distance Chart in the owner's manual to help you set your AV receiver's Surround and Surround Back channel speaker distance to match the placement of the F/X Wireless Surround Speaker.
Wireless Surround Transmitter Location: The system's wireless surround transmitter can be placed next to your home theater system's AV receiver for simple connection and easy installation. The wireless surround transmitter can be tabletop mounted or wall-mounted.
- Tabletop Mount: The wireless surround transmitter is equipped with four rubber feet so it can rest securely and safely on a flat horizontal surface.
- Wall-Mount: The wireless surround transmitter features two integrated keyhole slots to wall mount the unit.
AC Power: Both the wireless surround speaker and the wireless surround transmitter require AC power.
- Wireless Surround Speaker: The wireless surround speaker plugs into an AC outlet using the supplied AC power adapter and 9' AC power cord.
- Wireless Surround Module: The wireless surround module plugs into an AC outlet using the included AC power supply.
Wireless Surround Speaker:
- Width = 19.5"
- Height = 8.125"
- Depth = 7.8125
Wireless Surround Module:
- Width = 6.9735"
- Height = 1.6875" (4.25" with antenna extended)
- Depth = 4.875"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.