Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Polk Audio N1 SurroundBar
Gaming sound bar for Xbox One®
Watch a product review
Item # 107N1B | MFR # AM1910-A
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Polk Audio N1 SurroundBar by Crutchfield's David Brown
Get the full game experience
When it comes to video games, graphics are only half the story. Today's games are designed for realistic sound effects meant to immerse you in the experience. That's why Polk Audio worked with Microsoft to develop the N1 SurroundBar. It's the first sound bar designed specifically to give Xbox gamers powerful sound that no TV's speakers could possibly re-create.
Made for Xbox...but great for TV and tunes, too
This single-box speaker system has all the power and drivers built in to deliver game soundtracks and sound effects with lifelike realism and virtual surround sound. Plus, if you're a fan of Halo® or Forza®, you'll love the listening modes designed for each of those popular games. Explosions will rock your living room, while thunderous racing engines will put you in the middle of the track. There are also sound modes for music and movies. A single connection from your TV using the included optical cable turns this box into a sound system for all your entertainment choices, from movies and TV shows to music. Polk Audio's Full Complement Sub Bass Drive technology ensures the N1 SurroundBar delivers robust sound. If you'd like a deeper dose of bass, there's a dedicated output for connecting a powered subwoofer.
Built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening
What's the easiest way to get music playing through the N1 SurroundBar? Play tunes from your smartphone, tablet, or computer over Bluetooth. Pair your compatible device with the N1 and you can wirelessly stream music from up to 30 feet away to this sound bar.
The N1 SurroundBar was designed specifically for the Xbox One and Xbox 360, to offer powerful, realistic sound effects for video games.
The N1 is designed to rest on your TV stand. It also features keyhole slots so it's also easy to mount on a wall underneath your wall-mounted TV.
Great sound, good highs and lows and good volume. The bluetooth connects easily and effortlessly. For the price of this speaker you are getting bang for your bucks. Good Quality construction as well. Love it.
What's in the Box:
- Active surroundbar speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 40" AC power cord
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- 6' Optical digital cable
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Note
- Online Product Registration
- sound bar designed for use with the Xbox One and Xbox 360 gaming systems
- four 2.5" Dynamic Balance long-throw full-range drivers
- dedicated surround modes for Halo® and Forza®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible Bluetooth devices
- four "immersion" modes for custom listening: Forza Racer, Halo FPS, Music and Cinema
- proprietary SDA® surround technology creates a spacious sound field for immersive sound
- Full Complement Sub Bass Drive technology offers deep bass without a separate subwoofer
- Dolby Digital® decoding
- learns your TV remote's commands for single-remote use
- total system power: 60 watts
- top-panel control buttons
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- remote control included
- warranty: 1 year (electronics), 3 years (speakers)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Connections and Dimensions:
- optical digital audio input (6' cable included)
- coaxial digital audio input
- 3.5mm (1/8") analog audio input
- subwoofer output for connecting an optional powered subwoofer
- 39-5/16"W x 4-1/16"H x 4-9/16"D
- weight: 9.6 pounds
Polk Audio N1 SurroundBar Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Midrange||2.5" Cone (4)|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Feet|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Sound Bar (inches)||4-1/16H x 39-5/16W x 4-9/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||9.625 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
Gaming Surroundbar: The Polk Audio N1 surroundbar was designed and engineered in collaboration with Microsoft and the brains behind the sound design of best-selling games, like Halo and Forza for an immersive sound from your Xbox or other brand of gaming system.
Full-Range Sound: The Polk Audio N1 employs four 2.5" full-range drivers powered by a 60W amplifier and built-in Full Complement Sub Bass Drive technology for dynamic sound with deep bass response. If you need even more bass, the N1 offers an mono-RCA subwoofer output to connect a powered sub (sold separately).
Surround Technologies: Combining Polk Audio's proprietary SDA Surround technology and SRS TruSurround HD, the N1 surroundbar is able to produce a rich, enveloping listening experience.
- SDA (Stereo Dimensional Array): Polk's patented Stereo Dimensional Array (SDA) Surround technology is based on fundamental research into the way our ears process sound and perceive the direction of sounds. It uses a patented combination of signal processing and acoustical geometry that complements the spacing between your ears to produce a wide sound stage without the need for rear mounted speakers. Since the surroundbar works directly with the hearing mechanism and requires no special room characteristics, it can deliver a room-filling surround experience in nearly any location in almost any type of room.
- SRS TruSurround HD: The Polk Audio N1 also incorporates SRS TruSurround HD for a high quality, feature-rich surround sound experience from its front-facing speaker configuration. The result is rich bass, high frequency detail, and clear dialogue.
Audio Immersion Modes: Four Audio Immersion Modes (Halo Warrior, Forza Racer, Cinema, and Music) enable you to tailor the N1 for maximum high-performance audio for a more immersive, more thrilling listening experience.
Analog + Digital Connectivity: The Polk Audio N1 surroundbar provides both analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical/coaxial) connectivity for a variety of source components.
- Digital Connection (Dolby Digital compatible): The surroundbar features one optical (toslink) digital input and one coaxial (RCA) digital input to connect your gaming system. Both digital inputs can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital 5.1 program material. The surroundbar's digital inputs also support 2-channel PCM. One 6' optical cable is included.
- Analog Connections: The surroundbar is also equipped one analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your television (which may lack an optical digital output). If your TV is equipped with stereo RCA outputs, a minijack-to-RCA will be required.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming w/ AptX: The Polk Audio N1 surroundbar supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, laptop/computer, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the surroundbar speaker system. You will continue to your Bluetooth-enable mobile device for music navigation and to view song/artist information. The N1 also employs AptX audio coding technology for lossless, CD-quality streaming with compatible AptX-compatible phones (like some Androids). The N1 surroundbar pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices (up to 8) with a single press of a button. Once paired, the N1 will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Polk Audio N1.
Remote Control: The included IR wireless remote control provides wireless operation of the system. You can also program the N1 to respond to your TV's remote.
Mounting Options: The N1 surroundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker can be placed on a tabletop or wall-mounted. It can sit on a flat surface because of its integrated rubber feet that enable it to rest securely. If your TV is wall-mounted, the surroundbar can be mounted right beneath it using the speaker's integrated keyhole slots (x2) on the rear-panel. The keyhole slots are spaced 32" apart.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
This will depend largely on how your system is set-up. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to discuss your system set-up and make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Feb 13, 2014 ] Staff