Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Home theater speaker system
Item #: 107RM6000B
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Polk RM6000 by Crutchfield's Barry Montgomery
The RM6000 is an affordable introduction to Polk's award-winning RM Series home theater systems. The system includes four 2-way satellites (two for front left/right, two for surround left/right), plus a voice-matched center channel speaker. Each satellite employs a 1/2" silk dome tweeter and a 3" midrange, while the center speaker features the same tweeter with dual midranges. All five speakers are video-shielded, and each includes a built-in keyhole slot for easy wall-mounting. They also accept optional swivel brackets for maximum flexibility.
The powered subwoofer pairs a 50-watt RMS amplifier with a 8" front-firing woofer to provide potent low-frequency response. You'll love the way it adds powerful roar and rumble to your home theater experience the enhanced bass response also helps bring your favorite music to life. Add it all up, and you'll find that the RM6000 is a great way to fill smaller rooms with spacious home theater sound!Details:
Front and surround satellites:
- handle up to 100 watts
- 5-7/16"H x 3-1/2"W x 4"D
- handles up to 100 watts
- 10"W x 4-1/4"H x 3-13/16"D
- 50-watt amp (RMS)
- phase switch
- signal-sensing power on/off
- continuously adjustable frequency crossover: 80-160 Hz
- line-level inputs
- speaker-level inputs and outputs
- 13"H x 11-1/2"W x 14-1/2"D
- frequency response 45-19,000 Hz (-3dB)
- black finish
- warranty: 5 years drivers, 3 years amp
What's in the Box:
- 4 Black satellite speakers
- 1 Black center channel speaker
- 1 Black powered subwoofer
- 20 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online registration sheet
- Product Registration Card
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||3|
|Woofer size (inches)||8|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||---|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs Drivers/3 Yrs Amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs Drivers/3 Yrs Amp|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-100|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||50|
|Main Speakers (inches)||5-7/16H x 3-1/2W x 4D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||4-1/4H x 10W x 3-7/8D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||5-7/16H x 3-1/2W x 4D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||12-3/4H x 11-1/2W x 14-3/8D|
Components: The system consists of four identical black satellite speakers, a black center channel speaker, and a black powered subwoofer. All speakers are perfectly voice matched and all are magnetically shielded.
- Enclosures: injection-molded polymer cabinets minimize enclosure resonance for crisp, clean sound
- Video-shielded: each satellite speaker is video-shielded, allowing them to be placed near a TV without distorting the TV picture
- Midranges: each satellite has a 3" polymer cone midrange
- Tweeters: each satellite features a 1/2" silk dome tweeter for smooth, clear highs
- Connections: the spring terminals on the back of each satellite will accept bare wire or pin connectors
- Dimensions: W=3.503", H=5.399", D=3.998"
Wall Mounting: There is a 1/4-20 female thread on the rear of each satellite speaker, allowing them to be used with optional wall brackets. Additionally, the speakers have a built-in keyhole slot for wall mounting.
- Enclosure: an injection-molded polymer cabinet minimize enclosure resonance for crisp, clean sound
- Video-shielded: the center speaker is video-shielded, allowing it to be placed near a TV without distorting the TV picture
- Midranges: the center speaker has two 3" polymer cone midranges
- Tweeter: the center speaker features a 1/2" silk dome tweeter for smooth, clear highs
- Connections: the spring terminals on the back of the center speaker will accept bare wire or pin connectors
- Dimensions: W=9.957", H=4.222", D=3.931"
Wall Mounting: There is a 1/4-20 female thread on the rear of the center speaker, which will accept an optional wall bracket. Additionally, the speakers have two built-in keyhole slots for wall mounting.
- 8" front-firing subwoofer
- Surround: a rubber surround is used by the woofer, resulting in a smoother response and improved durability
- Port: the subwoofer has a rear-firing port
- Amplifier: the subwoofer is powered by a 50-watt RMS amplifier
- Auto On/Off: the Auto on/off circuit automatically turns the subwoofer on when it senses a program signal and turns the amplifier off after approximately 15 minutes without a signal
- Video-shielded: the subwoofer is video-shielded and can be safely placed near your television
- Frequency Response: 45Hz-180Hz
- Dimensions: W=11.447", H=12.75", D=14.375"
Rear Panel Controls and Inputs/Outputs:
- Volume: rotary subwoofer level control
- Low-pass Crossover: continuously variable crossover adjustable from 80-160Hz
- Power Switch: three position switch that allows you to select On, Auto, or Off
- Phase Switch: allows you to select normal or reverse for best bass
- Power LED: the LED glows RED when the unit is off and GREEN when it is on. There is no way to defeat this circuitry.
- Speaker Level Input/Output: spring clip connections for front speaker-level input and output
- Line In: gold-plated RCA stereo preamp-level input
- Overall System Frequency Response: 32Hz-22kHz
- -3dB System Frequency Response: 45Hz-19kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10-100 watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
Warranty Note: The warranty on the amplifier is 3 years parts and labor. The warranty on the speakers, including the subwoofer driver, is 5 years parts and labor.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.