Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Infinity Kappa 10.9t
1" textile dome tweeters
Our take on the Infinity Kappa 10.9t by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Add some life to your vehicle's sound system with the Infinity Kappa 10.9t tweeters. Install these 1" textile domes the same tweeters found in many of their popular home speakers in an appropriate location, and add a new dimension to your music.
The tweeters handle down to 3,500 Hz, so you'll hear lots of definition and detail, no matter where you sit. And they offer frequency response extending all the way up to 35,000 Hz, so they'll reproduce the overtones and harmonics that add realism to your music.
Computer-optimized outboard crossovers allow only the appropriate frequencies to reach the tweeters. Infinity includes mounting hardware to install the tweeters in custom or factory locations.
I would ask someone to know how to install this amazing tweeters to Camry 2014 dash factory speaker because when you disconnect the original hardness from speaker the front speaker will not functional at all. Please help.
patcam99, West Covina, Ca
What's in the Box:
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Six 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Six 3/8" Flat head screws
- Two 3/8" Bolts
- 4 Washers
- 1mm Allen wrench
- Warranty information
- 1" UHF textile dome tweeters
- 2-ohm impedance
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- Starfish bracket for mounting in factory tweeter locations
- outboard computer-optimized crossovers
- power handling: 2-50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 3,500-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- flush-mount depth: 1-5/16"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Infinity Kappa 10.9t Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Composition||UHF textile|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||3500 - 35k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 5/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||1 3/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||2 3/8|
High-Output Design: The high output 2-ohm voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extracts every watt from factory receivers, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4 ohm speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers, designed to power a 2-ohm load.
Edge Driven UHF Dome Tweeters: Each speaker has an Edge-driven UHF dome tweeter. The benefit is increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output. This technology also allows for better integration with the mid/woofer. The tweeter wire terminals are set screws, tightened using the included 1mm Allen wrench; they accept bare wire up to 14 gauge.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface or
flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting brackets allow
the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the grilles:
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.552" (screw depth)||1.311"||0.552" (screw depth)||0.692"||1.370"||0.692"|
Crossovers: Kappa speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers, using audiophile quality air core inductors and polypropylene capacitors. The crossover slope is 18 dB/octave.
Crossover Connections: Each crossover has set screw input and output terminals that will accept up to 10 gauge bare wire.
- Length: 3-3/8"
- Width: 2-3/8"
- Height: 1-1/4"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Robert Ferency-Viars
Infinity Kappa is Infinity's high-performance line of car speakers. They're designed and built to give you excellent sound, especially in an amplified system.