Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Infinity Reference 6010cs
6-1/2" component speaker system
For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings
Our take on the Infinity Reference 6010cs by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
It's easier than ever to add the great sound of the Infinity Reference 6010cs 6-1/2" component speaker system to your vehicle. Infinity's Starfish mounting bracket allows the system's tweeters to be installed in most factory tweeter locations. If you don't have factory tweeters, the ingenious I-mount system helps you custom install the tweeters in almost any location.
No matter where you mount them, you'll appreciate the crisp response of silk dome tweeters. They supply plenty of detail without fatiguing the ears a nice feature when you've got a long road trip in mind.
And you'll enjoy the rest of your music as well. The Plus One+® woofer cones are designed with more surface area than other 6-1/2" woofers, for deeper, cleaner bass response. The outboard crossover networks direct the highs and lows to the proper drivers with real precision, so your music always sounds natural and full.
No doubt about it, the intelligent design of Infinity Reference component systems will make a difference you can hear in your music.
Priced per system
This system sounded so great in my truck, that I bought another set to install in my car. The system comes complete with multiple mounting systems, which for my non-factory installation was great. The sound is very clear and non tinney from what i had before with low quality speakers.
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Metal mounting rings
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has attached 5" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- 2 Strips of self-adhesive foam
- Twelve 1" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/8" self-tapping screws
- 8 Machine screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Warranty card
- component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
- 6-1/2" Plus One+ polypropylene woofer with rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter with multiple mounting options
- Starfish mounting bracket for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high-pass and low-pass)
- power range: 2-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- Intermount III mounting system for fit in 6-3/4" openings
- top-mount depth: 1-7/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Infinity Reference 6010cs Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||53 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||270|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 7/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a cone significantly larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woofer Materials: Each woofer is constructed from Injection-Molded Polypropylene. This process of cone molding assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also lighter weight and more rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Intermount III: Infinity's Intermount III mounting system allows the 6010cs woofers to fit in 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" applications. A metal adapter ring is included with each woofer.
Tweeter Material: Each tweeter features a 1" edge-driven silk dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting
tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting
Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.517" (screw depth)||0.875"||0.479"||0.438"||1.009"||0.913"|
2-Way Crossovers: These speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers. Each crossover features an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz low-pass network for the woofer.
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The tweeter level may be set to "-3 dB" or "0 dB."
Crossover Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are gold-plated screw terminals.
Mounting: There are two mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: W=3.174", H=1.393", D=4.315"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.