Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Infinity Kappa 60.9cs
6-3/4" component speaker system
For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings
Watch a product review
Crutchfield: Infinity Kappa speakers
Infinity Kappa series speaker 360 degree view
Our take on the Infinity Kappa 60.9cs by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Infinity built their Kappa Series speakers with improved technology and high-end materials to provide you with outstanding sound reproduction. The Kappa 60.9cs component speaker system features 6-3/4" woofers with responsive woven glass-fiber cones that won't flex during a hard workout. The Plus One design offers a larger surface area for improved low-frequency output and efficiency, while longer voice coils add a little more punch to the bass. Large magnets keep the woofers running cooler by placing more steel close to the voice coils to act as a heat sink.
Textile dome tweeters
Infinity uses the same textile dome tweeters found in many of their popular home speakers with this Kappa system, so you'll hear the music the way it was recorded with minimal coloration or distortion. The tweeters handle down to 2,500 Hz, almost an octave below the tweeters in many systems, so you'll hear more definition and detail, no matter where you sit. Infinity includes mounting hardware to install the tweeters in custom or factory openings.
Premium crossover networks
The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeter work together perfectly. You can attenuate tweeter response by 6 dB to get the perfect sonic balance if you've mounted the tweeters in a less-than-ideal factory location.
Pre-wired crossovers eliminate a time-consuming step in your installation, and terminals at the end of the crossover wires screw directly to the Kappa woofers and tweeters, leaving no chance for incorrect wiring.
Note: Infinity describes this model as a 6-1/2" speaker. Most manufacturers designate this same frame size as a 6-3/4" speaker. For simplicity's sake we list it as a 6-3/4" speaker.
Important Note: You should use an outboard amplifier to power these speakers.
Note: These woofers don't use a standard 6-1/2" speaker bolt pattern you'll have to drill new screw holes in either your vehicle or the included bracket in order to mount them in 6-1/2" speaker openings.
Bought these 3 months ago.have had no troubles or complaints other than that microscopic allen wrench.running them at 2ohm.have 250 Watts going through them. Best 360 I've ever spent on 2 pair of speakers.
Terry b., pa
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille rings
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- 2 Metal 6-1/2" Adapter rings
- 2 Plastic multi-hole 6-3/4" Adapter rings (including GM/Chrysler 6-3/4G)
- Twelve 1" Self-tapping screws
- Six 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 1/4" Self-tapping screws
- Six 3/8" Flat head screws
- Two 3/8" Bolts
- Eight 3/16" Bolts
- 4 Washers
- 12 Speed clips
- 1mm Allen wrench
- 4 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Warranty information
- 6-3/4" component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
- fit 6-1/2" openings with modification
- True Four Ohm Impedance technology: speaker's 2-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
- compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos
- Plus One® woven-glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- 1" ultra-high frequency textile dome tweeter with I-Mount and Starfish for multiple mounting options
- 2-way external crossover network with tweeter level adjustment
- direct-connect crossover dongle
- power range: 2-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-7/16"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Infinity Kappa 60.9cs Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 3/4|
|Tweeter Composition||UHF Textile|
|Woofer Composition||Woven-glass fiber|
|Woofer Surround||Hi-roll rubber|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||45 - 35k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||270|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/8|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One speakers use cones more surface area than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woven Glass Fiber Woofer Cones: This woven-glass-fiber material is very light and extremely stiff, minimizing cone flex. This results in very low distortion and improved clarity. The woofers have set screw input terminals that will accept up to 10 gauge bare wire.
Woofer Size: This component set is marketed as having 6-1/2" woofers; they will fit in standard 6-1/2" speaker openings, but do not use the standard 6-1/2" speaker bolt pattern. In order to install them in standard 6-1/2" speaker openings you must drill new screw holes. If new holes are drilled in the mounting surface of the car, no bracket need be used. If drilling in the car is not an option, the flange on the included metal bracket is wide enough to accommodate new holes being drilled; either in a standard 6-1/2" three hole pattern or a Ford non-symmetric four hole pattern. When using the bracket the depth becomes 2.279" and the mounting height becomes 0.651".
Edge Driven UHF Dome Tweeters: Each speaker has an Edge-driven UHF dome tweeter. The benefit is increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output. This technology also allows for better integration with the mid/woofer. The tweeter wire terminals are set screws, tightened using the included 1mm Allen wrench; they accept bare wire up to 14 gauge.
High-Output Design: The high output 2-ohm voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extracts every watt from factory receivers, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4 ohm speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers, designed to power a 2-ohm load.
Crossovers: Kappa speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers, using audiophile quality air core inductors and polypropylene capacitors. The crossover slope is 18 dB/octave. Each crossover has a tweeter output switch; choose between flat and -6dB.
Crossover Connections: Each crossover has set screw input and output terminals that will accept up to 10 gauge bare wire.
- Length: 4-3/4"
- Width: 3-1/2"
- Height: 1-3/8"
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface or
flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting brackets allow
the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the grilles:
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.552" (screw depth)||1.311"||0.552" (screw depth)||0.692"||1.370"||0.692"|
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Robert Ferency-Viars
Infinity Kappa is Infinity's high-performance line of car speakers. They're designed and built to give you excellent sound, especially in an amplified system.