Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wakeboard Sound System
Item # 1086100M | MFR # 6100M
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Infinity 6100M by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Infinity leads the way for extreme summertime fun! The 6100M Wakeboard Sound System combines a marine amplifier and weather-resistant speakers, specifically designed for use with your boat's wakeboard tower. Now, when you're enjoying some wakeboarding, you and your buds can groove on some great-sounding tunes at the same time. The system even includes a "talkback" microphone for communicating with the boarder in the water.
The Wakeboard Sound System comes in two parts. First, two Wakeboard Tower Speaker Pods each with two 6" polypropylene drivers and a 1" dome tweeter, housed in a tough polymer acoustic suspension enclosure. Each enclosure comes equipped with Infinity's rugged Multi-Mount, a specially-designed bracket that clamps the enclosure securely to your wakeboard tower.
To power the speakers, the sound system includes the 6100M marine amplifier. With two channels slamming out 125 watts of RMS power each, there'll be plenty of juice for blasting the tunes over the sound of wind, water, engine noise, and your whoops of joy! The amp has speaker- and line-level inputs, so you'll be able to hook the amp up to the boat's existing radio, tape, or CD player, or even a portable music player (with a line-level out).
Of course, don't limit yourself to wakeboarding. The rugged, weatherproof, and versatile design of the 6100M makes it a great way to provide the tunes for all of your maritime adventures.
Note: The 6100M includes speaker wire, but not an amplifier wiring kit. We recommend an 8-gauge amp wiring kit.
This is a well designed system. This is the perfect option for retrofitting a wake board tower for great sound. I recently completed the installation and was amazed at the sound. I can hardly wait for the weather to warm up to hit the lake and turn it loose.
Jerry, Milan, TN
What's in the Box:
- Two Model 6000m 2-way speaker pods with mounting bracket
- White Model 6100m 2-channel amplifier with attached 12.5' microphone cord terminating into the microphone connecting plate
- Microphone with 25" coiled cord
- Two 42.5' lengths of speaker wire (with a 2-pin connector on one end and bare wire on the other end)
- Speaker-level input harness with a 4-pin Molex plug and two 5' 20-gauge speaker wires (bare wire ends)
- 2 Top mounting brackets for speakers
- Eleven 1" self-tapping screws
- Lock ring tool (for microphone connecting plate)
- Microphone holder
- Female quick slide (for turn-on lead)
- Clear plastic insulator for quick slide
- Four 1-1/4" Allen-head bolts (requires 5mm Allen wrench)
- Four 5/8" Allen-head set screws (requires 3mm Allen wrench)
- 4 Flat washers
- 12 Lock washers
- 8 Flexible rubber grommets (2" length)
- 2 Water-resistant terminal covers
- Warranty card
- two Model 6000m speaker pods with speaker brackets and one Model 6100m 2-channel marine amplifier with microphone
Model 6100m amplifier:
- 125 watts RMS x 2 (at 4 ohms)
- input gain adjustment
- voice projection with supplied microphone
- selectable page output
- speaker pods each contain two 6" polypropylene speakers and one 1" dome tweeter
Model 6000m speakers:
- two UV and salt-spray resistant polymer acoustic suspension enclosures with two 6" woofers and one 1" tweeter each
- frequency response 80-20,000 Hz
- speaker sensitivity 93 dB
- Multi-Mount brackets (fits any bar from 1.5" to 2.5")
- warranty (speakers and amp): 1 year
Infinity 6100M Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6" (2) +1"|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
93 dB at 2.83 volts
|Frequency Response||80 - 20k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||35-150|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||450|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||---|
Overview: The Infinity 6100m Wakeboard Tower Sound System consists of 2 weather-resistant speaker pods, and a 2-channel amplifier. The speakers can be mounted to overhead wakeboard tower tubes, or surface mounted. A microphone is integrated into the amplifier to allow you to communicate with passengers or a water skier or wakeboarder you are towing.
Speakers: Each of the 6000m cast polymer speaker pods features two 6" polypropylene woofers (with rubber surrounds) and a 1" edge-driven C.M.M.D. dome tweeter. The black and silver speaker pods are resistant to UV rays, salt and water damage. The 6100m package includes two 42-1/2' lengths of speaker cable. Speaker pod dimensions: Width=17.5625", Height=12.1875", Depth=11". Note: C.M.M.D. is Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm, Infinity's proprietary strong, lightweight speaker material.
Multi-Mount Bracket: The speaker pods feature a unique cast-aluminum "Multi-Mount" bracket that works with tower tubes of 1-1/2" to 2-1/2" in diameter or flat mounting surfaces. The top of the mounting bracket has four 1/4-20 threaded screw holes for mounting the speakers to a flat support panel. These same threaded screw holes can be used to attach lights or other accessories as well. Once the speakers are mounted, they can be swiveled up to 270 degrees in 45-degree increments.
Amplifier: The 6100m amplifier features both high-level and low-level inputs, line outputs, and an attached 12-1/2' microphone cable. The amplifier must be mounted in a remote location where it is protected from direct contact with water, whether from washing, big waves, or soggy riders. A Page EXT switch on the input end of the amplifier lets you choose whether or not you want the PA signal to pass through the Line Outputs to another amplifier and speakers.
- Power Output: 125 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 91dB
- Fuse Rating: 20 Amps x 2
- Input Sensitivity:
- Line Level: 250mV - 6V
- Speaker Level: 6V - 16V
- Minimum Impedance: 4 ohms stereo
- Length: 9.483"
- Width: 8.06"
- Height: 2.234"
Amplifier Wiring Recommendation: A standard 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit should be used to connect the amplifier to the boat's battery. If you are daisy-chaining additional amplifiers and speakers, you can connect the 6100m amplifier's Remote Out terminal to the Remote Input terminal of the other amplifier. The Remote Out terminal of the 6100m amp works with the power switch on the microphone.
Talkback Microphone: The talkback microphone, integrated into the amplifier, allows you to communicate with other passengers or to a water skier or wakeboarder being towed by your boat. The 12-1/2' microphone cable terminates into a waterproof connector plate which can be mounted to the operating console. The microphone features the following controls:
- Push-to-Talk Button: located on the side of the microphone, lets you "key" the microphone before speaking
- Power Switch: a 3-way
slide switch on the front of the microphone has the following positions:
- Off: turns off the 6100m system
- Auto: allows the system to operate in conjunction with the Remote trigger from the boat's head unit
- On: turns on the system, allowing the PA feature to be used without having to turn the connected head unit on
- Level Controls:
- Music Level: adjusts the volume of the music played through the 6100m system from the connected head unit
- Paging/Microphone Level: adjusts the volume level of the paging system/microphone
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.