Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Infinity Reference X REF-075tx
3/4" textile dome tweeters
Our take on the Infinity Reference X REF-075tx by Crutchfield's John Pollard
Bring on the clarity
Infinity designed their REF-075tx tweeters to broadcast all the high-frequency details in your music, great news if you're suffering from a muddy soundstage in your car or you're just looking to brighten up your system a bit. These Reference X Series 3/4" textile domes add detail, help to clean up your soundstage, and provide an improved stereo image — without being shrill or causing harshness.
Built for power
A large voice coil and edge-driven tweeter design help these tweeters to handle up to 45 watts RMS, while in-line crossovers allow only the high frequencies to pass. Infinity's I-Mount™ system provides adapters that allow for surface- or flush-mounting, making installation a lot easier. You can use the included Starfish mounts to place the tweeters in many existing tweeter openings.
Note: These tweeters must be used with the supplied in-line high-pass crossovers, or an appropriate external crossover. Failure to do so could lead to damage to the tweeters not covered under the warranty.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install these tweeters in the factory locations.
Very nice sounding Tweeters. Included parts for a variety of mounting options. Had to fabricate a mounting bracket, but not too difficult. A huge improvement over the stock tweeters for my Tacoma!
Alan, Yuma, AZ
What's in the Box:
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 In-line crossovers (each has 23" input leads and 33" output leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Six 5/8" Self-tapping flat head screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Template on box
- Owner's manual (English/ Danish/ German/ Spanish/ Finnish/ French/ Italian/ Dutch/ Polish/ Portuguese/ Russian/ Swedish/ Turkish/ Chinese)
- 3/4" textile dome tweeters (pair)
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- Starfish bracket for mounting in factory tweeter locations
- 2,500 Hz passive in-line crossovers included
- power handling: 5-45 watts RMS (135 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 2,500-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- top-mount depth: 13/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Infinity Reference X REF-075tx Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||2500 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||5|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||45|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||135|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||1|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 5/8|
Tweeter Material: Each tweeter features a 3/4" edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The
tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with Infinity's
innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish
mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory
locations behind the grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under a half inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||0.492" (screw depth)||0.808"||0.944"||0.492" (screw depth)||0.475"||0.88"|
In-line: Each tweeter has an in-line 2.5 kHz high-pass crossover.
Connections: Each crossover has 23" input leads and 33" output leads. The output leads are terminated with female quick-slides (that mate to the male quick-slides on the wire attached to the tweeters) and the input leads have bare wire.
- Length: 2.55"
- Width: 0.95"
- Height: 0.91"
True Four Ohm Impedance Technology: The speaker's 3-ohm impedance combined with the impedance of your speaker wire provides a true 4-ohm load to your connected head unit or amplifier.
Power Handling: Although Infinity rates the 075tx speakers at 45 watts RMS (continuous average), they also recommend amplifiers with a power rating from 5 to 75 watts RMS.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Robert Ferency-Viars
We listen to Alpine Type-S, Polk Audio DXi, Infinity Reference X, and Rockford Fosgate Punch car speakers in the Crutchfield Labs.
Why did you buy this?
Have 6 other Infinity speakers already in system and sound quality is outstanding across a broad range of music and volume levels. Also very little coloration of the music. [ Richard Apr 07, 2016 ]
Good reviews [ Evan Mar 29, 2016 ]
The Chevy Volt can use 3/4" tweeters held in place with hot glue. Due to where the Bose system crosses over, they also need to have a low frequency capability (low for a tweeter). 2,500Hz should be low enough. The sensitivity should also match well for a stock sound system. [ Henry Mar 13, 2016 ]
Read informational reviews very helpful! [ ANDRE Mar 01, 2016 ]
morgan said it would work Morgan's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=181 [ cameron Feb 28, 2016 ]
I needed a pair of good tweeters to replace the cheap, blown factory ones. [ Christopher M. Feb 20, 2016 ]
It fits and I like Infinity [ Gary Feb 20, 2016 ]
BECAUSE I LOVE INFINITY PRODUCTS [ ADRIAN M Feb 11, 2016 ]
I have infinity 6x9 and 6 1/2. I wanted the same brand tweeter. I like for all my speakers to be the same brand. I feel the sound is "pure" when they are the same. [ Carlos Feb 02, 2016 ]
My son requested this for his birthday! [ Carolyn Jan 26, 2016 ]
to get better sound [ Raynard Jan 21, 2016 ]
fits the factory mount, supposedly. [ michael Jan 20, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
I think that if your vehicle has seperate tweeters already then the crossovers would be present. If not then you would need to add one. [ Terry Apr 07, 2016 ]
These speakers include a 2,500 Hz passive in-line crossover. [ Jeff Dec 04, 2015 ] Staff