Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Infinity Reference 610a
456W x 1 mono subwoofer amplifier
Item #: 108R610A
This item is no longer available.
Infinity Reference 610a
Our take on the Infinity Reference 610a by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
Whether you're building a component system, powering a pair of full-range speakers, or just pounding away with a subwoofer, there's an Infinity Reference series amp ready to take on the job. Boasting impressive power ratings and fine-tuned controls, these amplifiers are capable of sending your music to new sonic heights.
It's all thanks to high-output MOSFET power supplies which ensure maximum power delivery to your speakers for efficient operation and variable filters that let you contour the output to fit your music. Want hands-on control? Then grab hold of the optional wired remote and make level adjustments right from your dash. And, since every Infinity Reference amplifier is CEA-2006 compliant, you'll know you're getting the power as advertised.
If you're looking for a bass driving monster to power your sub, the Infinity 610a has you covered with 456 watts RMS of Class D mono power (or a ride-rocking 657 watts at 2 ohms). The Dynamic Bass Optimization circuit allows you to boost or attenuate low frequencies (up to 12 dB, variable from 20-40 Hz) for clean, crisp bass no matter how loud you like it. This unique circuit also features high-pass filtering so it can act as a subsonic filter to maximize performance of a subwoofer mounted in a ported enclosure.
What's in the Box:
- Mono amplifier with two installed 30A ATC fuses
- Two 30A ATC fuses
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 1 Silica gel packet
- One 8" x 2-1/2" Infinity sticker
- Amplifier Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- 456 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (CEA-2006 Compliant)
- 657 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D circuitry
- variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 db)
- Dynamic Bass Optimization circuit (high- and low-pass filters, variable from 20-40 Hz)
- requires 4-gauge power and ground wiring cables and hardware not included with amp
- preamp outputs
- optional wired level control
- 15-7/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 12-1/8"D
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Status LEDs: The amplifier has the following status LEDs:
- Clip: indicates the amplifier is being overdriven, and your speakers may be in danger. This should blink only on musical peaks, and not be on constantly.
- Power: indicates the amplifier is on
- Protect: indicates any of the following problems: DC voltage on amplifier output, overheating, under voltage, over voltage, and short circuit in the speakers or wire
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter can be adjusted from 32 to 320 Hz, and has a slope of 12 dB per octave.
Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO): The Dynamic Bass Optimizer is used to enhance low-frequency reproduction in a vehicle. Conventional bass boost circuits only increase bass at a fixed frequency, and cause the amplifier to consume considerable power. The DBO allows you to adjust the frequency (20-40 Hz) as well as the boost level (up to 12 dB), allowing you to fine-tune the bass in your system to optimize performance. This unique circuit also features high-pass filtering so it can act as a subsonic filter to maximize performance of a subwoofer mounted in a ported enclosure.
Remote Level Control Compatible: The optional 100rc wired remote level control allows you to adjust the bass level from anywhere in the vehicle.
Preamp Outputs: The preamp output jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. These outputs provide a full-range signal.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): 0.538" screw terminal
- Remote: 0.357" screw terminal
- GRD (ground): 0.538" screw terminal
- Speakers: 0.357" screw terminals
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Remote Level Control: RJ-11 jack for use with the optional 100rc wired remote level control
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.