Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Portable Bluetooth® speaker (Blue)
From JBL: Clip portable Bluetooth speaker
Our take on the JBL Clip by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Use the carbiner-style clip to hook the JBL Clip to your gear (speaker pictured in red).
Grab, clip, and go
Just as you would expect from its name, the compact, lightweight JBL Clip easily hooks to your bag, backpack, or belt loop, so you can play your music anywhere. Now you've got an instant upgrade to your phone's internal speaker, everywhere you go. Wirelessly pair your mobile device via Bluetooth or connect the Clip's built-in stereo mini cable into the headphone jack. The mini cable conveniently reels into the speaker's back panel when not in use, so you don't have to keep track of a separate cord.
If a call comes through while you're listening to tunes, hit the play button to talk hands-free. The Clip has a built-in microphone so both you and your caller will enjoy a clear conversation.
Made for moving around
The strong, carabiner-style clip is rugged, yet easy to open and fasten. It's built of the same rubber material that encases the entire speaker, giving it a durable look and feel. All-in-all, the JBL Clip is a great companion for whatever adventure you have planned.
Good sound for a litle speaker
Anonymous, Puerto Rico
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 12" USB charging cable Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- built-in Bluetooth streams music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- wireless range: 30 feet
- solid rubber carabiner-style clip
- internal microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- attached 10.5" cable with 3.5mm mini connector to plug into portable devices
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 5 hours
- USB mini input for charging
- USB Type A to USB mini charging cable included
- 4-1/4"W x 3-1/2"H x 1-11/16"D
- weight: 5.3 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL Clip Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Bluetooth 3.0 The JBL Clip is a self-powered Bluetooth (v.3.0) portable speaker that is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, Windows PC, Mac computer or other Bluetooth certified devices. The JBL Clip supports Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP 1.2) and Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP 1.6), as well as a simple pairing procedure.
- Simple Secure Pairing: A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Clip speaker. Once paired, the JBL Clip will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP): The JBL Clip portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, or other device. You'll be able to control Play, Pause, and Skip functions from the speaker. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The JBL Clip has a built-in microphone so you can use it as a hands-free speaker phone. Use the Clip to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. A long press of the call-answer button will activate the voice command feature of your smartphone (if applicable). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JBL Clip.
Portable Design: The JBL Clip is lightweight, rugged, and comes with a built-in carabiner letting you hook it easily to whatever clothes you're wearing or backpack you're shouldering.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Clip is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Daisy Chain: You can daisy chain two JBL Clip speakers together for more sound. Each speaker will output the same audio signal (not stereo).
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Clip Bluetooth speaker has a built-in Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (3.7V/600mAh) that provides up to five hours of playback time. You can easily recharge the battery using the included USB cable and a free USB port on your computer or 3rd party AC/USB adapter (sold separately). Charging time is approximately 2 hours.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Yes, there's an AUX IN port as well as a convenient attached AUX cable for hard wire connections. [ RODERICK Sep 04, 2015 ]
yes! [ ricardo Sep 03, 2015 ]
it has a standard amp connection - although I havent tried I'm sure it will....regardless, I brought 3 - 2 kids and wife - they all love them....locker room booms - presentations solid - I use in kitchen - nice plus this current pricing is cheaper than at christmas..... [ Bob Sep 03, 2015 ]
Yes, it has an integral cable with a headphone plug for connecting to digital players. [ Frank S. Sep 03, 2015 ]
Yes it comes with a cord so that you can plug it into a device that isn't Bluetooth compatible. [ SAVANNAH A Sep 03, 2015 ]
If the MP3 player has Bluetooth it does not [ Alberto Sep 03, 2015 ]
Yes. There is a 3.5mm jack. [ ERIC Sep 03, 2015 ]